Chapter 21

"Well King Nero I am Derek and Alex is my son. Right now he is in the middle of turning into a phoenix. His phoenix blood is currently fighting his human blood to take over. In a few days or maybe even hours he will fall into a deep sleep that will allow the change to complete." I was so confused that I could barely see straight or it could be the fact that my blood is fighting itself. The fact that he said he was my father is the thing that really threw me for a loop. There's no way this man can be my father, my father is back home in the human world. You know I wonder if they realized that I'm gone, probably not they are probably too busy with their own lives to be focused on trying to contact me, even though it's almost been over two years since I left.

"Hold on how can Alex be turning into a phoenix? How are you his father? His parents are back in the human world." Nero questioned sitting down in his chair adjusting me on his lap so the blanket was wrapped tightly around me.

"Well Alex comes from a very long line of phoenix shifters. Royal phoenix shifters, but as of late our numbers have been on a rapid decline. It seems that some people found out that you can truly kill a phoenix before they fully mature which is the age of 16. So I sent my son to a family in the human world, it was his best chance at survival, but when I went to go get him on his 16 birthday the family vanished. They moved away and must have changed their names without leaving a paper trail. After months of trying to look for him I realized it was useless and thought that when his phoenix started to surface I would be able to find him. Then to my surprise he started to change late and instead of being in the human world he's here with you."  I started to cough again curling into Nero. Derek snapped his fingers and a guy appeared holding a cup out towards me.

"Here drink this it will help with the coughing and the pain." I glanced at Nero and after a second of hesitation he nodded reaching out for the cup pressing it gently against my lips allowing me to take sips of the warm tea.

"So what does this mean for him?"

"Like I said before over the next few days his body will start to accept the change and in the end he will shift into his phoenix form. Now the things about Royal phoenixs is that they usually take on two different elements. Most consist of fire but their second element can vary to anything. I myself am of earth and wind while his mother was of fire and plants. We have no idea what his elements are going to be it is basically randomized." Once I finished the tea and the cup was taken out of my hands I yawned suddenly feeling like all the energy was drained from me. As Nero and my 'Father' talked about how to take care of me so I don't hurt myself or someone else I curled tighter into Nero's arms drifting asleep to the beat of his heart.

---------------- Days later --------------

I woke up to a searing paint shook through my body. I whimpered curling into a ball trying to make the pain go away but nothing help.

"Hey baby. I know you're in pain right now but I need you to get up. We have to bring you outside." I whimpered again refusing to move but Nero just slipped his arms under me lifting me into his arms. I groaned in pain clutching his shirt as the pain intensified.

"Shh baby I know it hurts but you have to hold on it will be all over soon." I don't know how long Nero carried me but the moment we walked outside because the breeze instantly cooled my over heated body down. Nero tried to place me on the ground but I clutched his arms not letting him move away from me.

"Please stay." I whimpered feeling tears leak down my face.

"I can't baby. You need to do this by yourself. I won't be that far away." I nodded letting him go even though everything in me screamed not to. Suddenly the searing pain intensified so bad that it felt like my body was on fire. I screamed out scratching at my arms wanting the pain to stop. I cracked my eyes open to seeing the ground around me charred black and pieces of my clothes burning off. Flames started to overtake my skin but it wasn't burning me. I stopped screamed as I felt my body start to change. I spread my arms out as they turning into wings and lifted my head towards the sky letting out a loud cry. Just as fast as the flames took over they quickly changed to what looked like flames of water Then the next second I was back to being human. I collapsed on the ground sighing in relief as my body cooled down. I was lifted back into a pair of arms hearing people talk to me but whatever they were saying wasn't coming through. I blinked lazily at Nero before passing out.

---------------------

Hey guys since yesterday was my birthday I figured I'd give you guys a treat and update. I was going to update yesterday but I just got caught up with work and then dinner with the fam.

So Alex turning into a Phoenix was requested my most so there you go lovelys I hope you approve. I decided to go a different way than just a normal phoenix so he is a water and fire one yes I know they are polar opposites but it just makes him more unique. I will try to update again soon but who knows life is hectic.

Thank you for liking and voting and I love your comments!!!