What's Going on With Nero?

I sat at the table for a few minuets before realizing I had to be at work in an hour. I sighed heaving myself up from the table heading towards my room to get ready. It usually only takes me 20 minuets to get ready and the library is only 15 minuets away but I like to get there early so I can get settled and see what I had to do for the day or stuff I had to get ready for any activities that might be going on. I slipped my shoes and jacket on quietly stopping in front of the guest door.

"U-Um Nero I h-have to go to w-work. I-I'll be home around 3." I called out waiting for an answer but one didn't come. I sighed feeling sad for some reason. Why is Nero affecting me like this?

When I arrived at the library it was pretty busy which was usual for 11 o'clock. It's mostly high school student because they get an hour lunch and are allowed to leave school grounds. Most kids come here to either study, get books, or just hang out in the front room which was made for teenagers to come and relax.

"Oh Alex early as usual I see." Miss Ackmen called from behind her desk. I walked over smiling at her placing my jacket on my chair that was next to hers.

"Of course. Is there anything you need me to do?" I asked going through the books that were returned seeing where they belonged.

"Just those books. We don't have anything planned for today or tomorrow except for the kids crafts that we usually do." Miss. Ackmen said checking out some books to a couple of small kids. I nodded grabbing the book cart so I could put all the books back. I headed towards the back where we kept textbooks and encyclopedia since most people use the Internet now but we do get the occasional high school or college student that need one for a project. As I weaved through the book shelves I realized that someone has moved some of the books out of order. I sighed pulling the books out of the shelf placing them back in order. Now most people would be mad that they had to spend their time rearranging the books but I prided myself on the fact that I knew where and how all the books went.

As I went through the books I couldn't help but feel like someone was watching me. I slowly made my way to the end of the bookshelf looking down the hallway not seeing anyone. I shook my head, it was nothing I'm probably still shaken up about last night. I went back to fixing the books but wasn't able to shake the feeling of being watched. I moved to the next aisle pulling out a book before screaming like a little girl when a hand suddenly touched my shoulder. I spun around punching the person who touched me in the face. I came out of my freak out from a groan that was very familiar.

"Oh god Nero I'm sorry, but you shouldn't have such up on me like that." I pulled his hand away from his nose to make sure it wasn't bleeding.

"Damn for someone so small you sure do know how to pack a punch. And to be honest I didn't think you would freak out that bad and punch me!"

"Well when you decide to sneak up on someone they tend to freak out!" I snapped feeling myself blush from being so easily scared.

"What are you doing here anyways? I thought you were mad at me." I mumbled turning back to the books.

"I don't know. I felt like being around you." Nero shrugged leaning against the bookshelf next to me. I glanced at him weirdly, what's up with him? One minute he's snapping at me and the next he wasn't to be around me? Is he bipolar or something?

---------------------------
Hey guys I hoped you like this chapter! Let me know what you think of Nero and Alex so far!

Don't forget to like, comment, and follow!