Chapter 17

I slowly let my head bang against the wall as I starred blankly at the wall across from me. I've been in this hell hole for awhile, hell it could have been years and I wouldn't know it. I have no concept of time anymore, I don't know if it's day or night, which should be expected since I'm in this metal box with no windows. All I know is that different people bring me food twice a "day", or whenever they feel like it. Well whoever brings me food can't be different all the time cause at that point it's just too many people knowing where I am, I just don't care anymore. All I know is I've been here for over 2 months, at first I tried to keep count by scratching tally marks into the wall with a piece a rock I found on the floor but after awhile I just gave up. No one is coming to find me, if they are this place must be in the middle of nowhere untraceable. Since the first day I haven't been visited by the Queen luckily, but Articus kept trying to talk to me but I wouldn't listen. He was the reason I'm here, why would I let him get rid of some of his guilt by having me forgive him? Fucking asshole.

The worst thing is that the Queen didn't keep to her word of me being beaten. Yeah you must be thinking "why do you want to be beaten? What's wrong with you?" Well at least if I was getting hit there would be someone in here for more than a few seconds. I've been going insane being here all by myself, like I've actually started to talk to myself. I sighed closing my eyes trying to just sleep the time away.

Nero's P.O.V (surpise!)

I starred out the bay window that looks out onto the garden. No matter how long I stare outside the beauty of the garden isn't how it use to be. Well of course nothing has been the same since Alex left almost a year ago. As I kept starring out the window I let the memories from that day consume me.

I had finished my paper work early so I decided to go find Alex and take him out on a date. I must of been searching for him for a good 20 minuets before I saw my mother walking down the hall towards me. I was just going to walk past her but the look on her face made me stop.

"I have some bad news for you Nero. It seems that Alex has left."

"Like I'm going to believe you mother. Alex wouldn't just up and leave, now where is he?"

"How dare you accuse me of lying!? I have done nothing to that ingrate! I figured you would want to hear the news from me instead of the gossiping house maids!" Mother snapped before walking off without saying another word to me but I wouldn't believe what she was saying. It couldn't be true, Alex wouldn't just leave especially without saying something to me unless something happened to him. I spent the next 3 hours looking in every nook and cranny in this castle then I actually went through the town asking if anyone has saw him. I was going nuts my dragon couldn't even feel the presence of Alex anymore and it made me mad that I realized I didn't know when I stopped feeling it. If I paid more attention I could have prevented it. In my anger I ended up shifting taking off into the air. I ended up going the log cabin I had built for me and Alex. That's why I was constantly doing "paperwork" I was trying to get the right supplies to get this house built then to furnish it to what Alex likes. I was going to bring Alex out here and ask him to fully accept me as his mate.

I had promised myself to never stop looking for him but after a few months both mother and father threatened to take away my right to the crown, I was going to tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine but I knew my people would suffer even more under my mother's rule. She was slowly taking over forcing all these rules and forced the business she didn't find "reputable" to be closed down no matter what.

"Babe what are you doing good here? I thought you were going to join me and the wedding planner. We waited for an hour!" I growled lowly feeling my migraine coming back full force.

"I told you I wasn't having anything to do with this Bullshit wedding. You'll be lucky if I even decide to show up." I growled walking past Margaret. Dumb slut actually thinks I want to marry her, fuck no I have to do it to get the crown once I have it she's gone and I can go back to looking for Alex and now Articus. After my mental break down I found out Articus must have helped Alex get away, he hasn't been back since that day.

"Babe don't be like that. I know your stressed since the wedding day is coming up soon, but I know a way to relax you." She purred trying to grab my arm. I spun snarling at her almost smiling at the way she flinched.

"Don't you dare touch me. You are not my mate, you have no right to touch me in anyway. Be lucky I'm not sending you to the dungeon." I went back to my room locking the door behind me because knowing the slut she would try to sneak in while I'm asleep. Don't worry Alex I'll find you, you won't be able to stay away much longer.