Chapter 1

"Ow ow ow!" I whisper yell
Lilly smiled "hold on , I'm almost done!"
This was my fifth tattoo, I had the word love on my hip, chase on the right collar bone, and a pixy on the back of my left ear.

"And done!" Lilly says stepping back admiring her work.
"You can loosen up that death grip you have on my chair!" She smiled
I looked down ,my knuckles were ghost white compared to the black arm chair. I took my hands of the chair and stood up. I looked down. "Its amazing!" I said eyeing the infinity sign on my right foot.
"Thank you!" She said proudly as she puts the equipment up .
I sat back down, laying my head on the head rest and sighed loudly.
"I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow"
"I know, your going to text me every day right?!"
I smiled, looking at her "of course, I don't know how I'm going to survive with out you!"
She smiled largely " I know I'm pretty great aren't I."
I laughed at her "narcissistic much." I whispered
"Hey!" She slapped my shoulder causing us to erupt in laughter.
When we stopped laughing my phone started to buzz in my pocket.
Fishing it out and looking at caller ID, I pressed my iPhone to my ear.
"Yeah mom?"
" you need to get home and finish packing honey we're leaving tomorrow and your only halfway done!"
"OK I'm coming."
I hung up the phone and looked at Lilly sadly.
"I have to pack"
She frowned" I'll see you at the airport OK I won't let you leave without a hug good bye!"
I grabbed her into a bear hug
"I'll see tomorrow!" I mumbled
﹏﹏﹏﹏

"I'm done!" I screamed, folding the last box. I plopped down on my bed. Looking around in my room I realized how much I'm really going to miss this place. This was home. There was a light knock on my door.
"Come in."
The door opened and my moms head peeked around the door.
"Honey can you come outside for a sec. I need help in the shed?!"
I groaned "yeah"
I got up and followed her out the door.
As we approached the back door I could her music playing faintly outside.
"Mom?"
She ignored me and opened the door. I walked outside behind her.
"SURPRISE!"
I jumped, felling my heart skip a beat. Scanning the back yard everyone was there. Lilly was in the back of the crowd smiling. I smiled and ran towards her.
"You know I hate surprises!" I slapped her shoulder.
"Ow!" She said rubbing her arm
"Its not like I could tell you. Micheal would bit my head off!"
I looked around "where is Micheal?"
She smiled "over there by the punch bowl."
I looked around and spotted him. He stood out against the crowd. His black hair stood up perfectly and he wore his usual clothes, a blue polo shirt and Kakis.
I ran up to him, he smiled when he saw me.
"Hey!"
"So are you the one who decided to scare the life out of me today?!"
He chucked, his deep voice making me shiver.
"Yeah I am is that a problem?"
" yes it is you know I hate surprises!" I exclaimed
He shrugged "sorry I just love seeing the face you make when your caught off guard!"
I felt my face get hot.
"Your adorable!" He says grinning.
"Stop trying to flatter me Michael......"
He grabbed my hand "but it so easy to" his grin grew larger.
I rolled my eyes at him.
Michael was my best friend. I had the biggest crush on him during freshman year and since he found out he's been making fun of me. But that was three years ago and its getting old.
"Michael."
"Yeesss?!" He dragged out
"I'm going to miss you."
He sighed "I'm going to miss you too!"
I stood on my tippy toes and wrapped my arms around his waist, giving him a hug. He immediately reacted, wrapping his own arms around me. The smell of his cologne engulfed me.
"I got you something." He whispered
Letting me go he reached into his pocket. Pulling out a long, black box
I smiled. "Michael."
He opened the box, showing me a silver necklace. I admired the little heart pendant.
"Its beautiful!"
He took the necklace out and motioned for me to turn around. I did so and he carefully clasped the necklace around my neck. I looked down at and smiled at him "thank you!"
"It something for you to remember me by."
"Yo-"
"WELL THANK YOU GUYS FOR COMING TO THIS FAREWELL PARTY!"
I looked over to see my dad with a microphone, smiling wildly.
"AS WE ALL KNOW ME AND MY FAMILY IS LEAVING FOR THE REST OF THIS YEAR. SADLY WE WILL BE LEAVING ALL THESE GREAT PEOPLE BEHIND! "he signed"WE WILL MISS YOU ALL GREATLY. NOW LETS HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!" Everyone claped as my dad turned the mic off and walked over to the grill. Music started playing a little loudly.
I turned back to Michael. He was smiling at me.
"May I have this dance my lady?" He said holding out his hand.
I bowed grabbing his had
"of course Mr. Bailey."
We both giggled as we reached the open space in the backyard. I smiled at him.

This is the last time I'd see him this year.