chapter 30

Happy birthday

As the weeks gone by nothing major happened. Drake took me on a couple dates and that was pretty much the only thing that was worth wild.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Amanda happy birthday to you!"
My eye fluttered open as I sat up. My family smiled as they held up a plate of breakfast.
"Happy 18th birthday sweet heart!"  My dad said tearing up.
"Awe thank you guys!"
My mom sat the plate down on my side table and hugged me.
"We'll go so you can get ready. Happy birthday honey!"
With that they all left. I smiled as I grabbed a piece of bacon off the plate, taking a bite. I jumped out of bed and rummaged through my closet. I grabbed my high waisted jean shorts and a black shirt that said Geek in large white letters. I slipped them on and went into my bathroom.
I did my make up and straightened my hair. I placed a gray beanie on my head and slipped on my white converse. I sat on my bed and smiled as I ate my breakfast. My phone rang next to me.
"Hello?"
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIXIE!!" Lilly screamed in my ear.
I giggled "thank you lilbear!"
"Oh my gosh we're going to have so much fun!"
"What do mean?!"
"Lilly shut up!"
"Oops."
"Who was that?"
"Michael."
"Lilly dear can you help me with this?!"
"Was that my grandma? Are you in my house!?"
I jumped out of bed hanging up on her.
I ran down stairs and into the kitchen.
Lilly and Michael smiled "surprise?!" They said in unison.
"Oh my gosh guys!!!!"
I jumped on them, gathering both of them in a bear hug.
"I missed you!!!!"
I released them I had a huge grin on my face.
"We missed you too!" Michael said smiling.
"How long are you staying?"
Lilly smiled "the whole weekend!"
I squealed, this was what I needed. With all the drama in my life I needed my friends!
"Sweetie your friends are coming tonight right?" My mom asked
"Yeah they said they wouldn't miss it."
"And I'm expecting Drake to be here too!"my dad said from the table.
"He'll be here."
"Oooo I get to meet the famous Drake!" Lilly said grinning
"Yes you do!" I squealed.
"Who?" Michael asked confused.
"Drake, her boyfriend, Michael remember?" Lilly smiled slightly.
"Oh yeah." He said frowning.
"You OK Mich?"
He smiled, his eyes gleamed " of course baby girl!"
He hugged me again.
This day is going to be perfect!

*****

After hanging out with Michael and Lilly at the mall we came back to my house for dinner.
The guys will arrive soon so I went and got dressed. Lilly followed me to my room carrying her bag.
She closed my door as I looked through my closet.
"I could wear this!" I said holding up a green dress.
Lilly took it and gave me a gift bag.
"I was going to wait but this will look amazing for tonight!"
I smiled as I looked in the bag. I pulled out a white dress, It was covered in black lace.
"Its beautiful! Thank you!"
"Go try it on!"
I went into my bathroom and changed into the dress. It fit perfectly, hugging my waist and flowing out a inch past my knees. I walked out Lilly changed into a beautiful blue dress.
"We look hot!" She exclaimed
The door bell rang.
"They're here!" I slipped on black flats and ran down stairs, Lilly trailing behind.
The guys came in, smiling when they saw me.
"Happy birthday!" They sang
"Thank you!" I looked around "where's Jason?"
"Picking up Gazelle they'll be here in a few." Sam said smiling "who's this?"
"Guys this is my best friend Lilly! Lilly this is Sam, phoenix, Ryder, and Axel!"
"Hi!" She chirped grinning.
They followed me into the kitchen.
The door bell rang and I went to the door to greet Jason and Gazelle. "Happy birthday girl!" Gazelle hugged me. When she let me go she smiled "Drake's right behind us!"
She walked into the kitchen with Jason. Drake walked up to the door smiling, he was carrying a bouquet of roses.
"Happy birthday babe!"
"Awe Drake!"
He handed me the bouquet and I kissed him sweetly
"Thank you they're beautiful!" I whispered.
"Is that Drake?" Lilly asked
Drake smiled "yes and you must be the wild Lilly!?"
"Wild?" She asked with a questioning look.
"That's what Amanda said!"
She grinned "yeah that's me!"
"Its nice to meet you!" Drake said as Lilly walked up and hugged him. She released him and glared at him "hurt my pixie and I'll kill you!"
"Wouldn't think about it!" He smiled rubbing my back.
"Good!" She said walking back into the kitchen.
We followed into the crowded kitchen.
My mom smiled when she saw the flowers.
"I'll put them in water, they're beautiful Drake!" She said walking away with the bouquet. I spotted Michael and pulled Drake over to him.
"Michael!"
He turned and smiled "birthday girl!"
"This is Drake."
His smiled faltered a little "hi I'm Michael!"
"Hi. You dressed as black widow right!?"
Mich blushed "yeah. Amanda's boyfriend?!"
Drake grinned "proudly, I can say yes."
"Dinners done!" My grandma yelled.

Dinner was a little awkward as I sat between Drake and Mich. Michael kept picking little fights with Drake.
I opened up gifts after the cake and everyone left soon after. Drake stayed a little longer before leaving to take care of Stacey.
Michael sat next me on the couch.
I looked at him "what happened today?"
He looked at me frowning "what do you mean?"
I sighed "with you and Drake?!"
He signed "sorry I just don't like the guy. You could do better."
What did he just say?!
"Well I'm sorry you don't like him but I do and I don't appreciate the fact that you were picking fights with him."
"Whatever." He whispered looking away.
"Whatever! Mich your my best friend I thought you would be supportive! I want you to explain."
He looked at me "I told you I don't like him is that not enough explanation?"
"No, Its not! I didn't like Fiona but I didn't try to be rude to her! I just don't understand why you don't like hi-"
"Because he has you!" He screamed cutting me off "because your with him and not with me OK! That's why I don't like him!"
I sat there frozen in my spot on the couch.
"What?" I whispered
"I'm in love with you Amanda." He looked down at his hands.
I looked at him confused "why, why now?"
He sighed "I've loved you since sophomore year."
I stood up "I'm sorry Michael but I'm with Drake."
He looked at me standing up. He moved closer to me "leave him, he doesn't know you like I do! He doesn't love you the way I do."
He grabbed my hand "please."
I shook my head, tears streaming down my face "I'm sorry Michael. I love you like a brother." This was breaking my heart.
I loved Michael but I was in love with someone else. My heart belonged to someone else.
There were tears falling on Michael's cheeks "OK."
He let go of my hand "this was a mistake." He backed away.
I grabbed his hand, pulling him into a hug. I still cared about him, he was still part of me.
"I'm so sorry!" I sobbed into his shoulder. "I love you I do Mich your everything to me. Your my best friend."
He let go of me "best friend I'm starting to hate that word." He muttered before leaving me alone in the living room. I sat on the couch and curled up. I grabbed a pillow and cried into it.
"Shh its OK." Some one cooed holding me.
"Happy birthday nugget." He whispered.
I leaned into Nathan as I sobbed.
He rubbed my back soothingly as I drifted to sleep.

*****

A/N

Poor Michael. Just if he told her sooner! I hope you guys liked this chapter. How do you feel about Michael spilling the truth out to Amanda? Did she make a mistake when she turned him down?
Let's hear it do you ship
Mica
Or
Dane

Horrible ship names I know! Give me some better ones!

Vote and comment <3