chapter 27

Your life story

I got dressed in a cute pink sundress. I slipped on a pair of white sandals as I walked into the bathroom. I put on some basic makeup, focusing on my eyes. I curled my hair and took a strand from each side braiding them and wrapping a small rubber band on the end. I pulled on the braid making it bigger, loosening the braid up and bobby pined them back. I walked back to my room and looked at myself in the full body mirror. I smiled when there was a knock at the front door. I grabbed my bag and run down stairs. I opened the door. Drake smiled at me, I nearly laughed when I saw drake wearing a pink polo shirt.
"We're matching!" I said happily.
He grinned "yes we are! Ready to go?!"
I nodded closing the door behind me.
The drive to school was all full of laughter and holding hands.
Drake got out of the car and walked around to open the door for me. I got out and he closed it. Drake grabbed my hand and slung his back back on the other shoulder. We walked hand in hand to the school. People stared as I walked with a big grin on my face. I got a few glares from some girls but I ignored them. We walked to first hour together. Axel was smirking at us when we walked in.
"I knew it!"
"What?" I blush.
"You guys becoming a item, it was bound to happen!" Drake smiles as we sit in our sets.

The rest of the day was great, Drake and I kissed and held hands all day. I loved seeing the smile on his face every time we touched. I sat in my room as Nathan decides to walk in. He sits on my bed next to me and smiles.
"So Drake huh?!"
"Yes!"
"I called it!"
I smiled and slapped his arm lightly. Making contact with him this time.
I laid down and sighed thinking about Caleb. "Life sucks."
He snorted "tell me about it."
He laid down and groaned.
"Tell me your story."
"My story?"
"Yeah your life story."
"Um well when I was born my parents put me up for adoption. I wasn't adopted so I stayed in a boys home till I turned eighteen. I decided to look for my parents." He sighed " I found them in Oklahoma. My dad was in prison and my mother was a stripper. I didn't bother to say hello to them. I was glade that they didn't keep me. I got job and an apartment. I lived in the bad part of New York. I heard gun shots every night. I had a girlfriend a little bit later. I was working one night. She was at my place, she was gonna go home but I told her to wait a little longer. I was coming home any minuet. I got off of work and walked home to see my apartment building surrounded by cop cars and ambulances. It turns out when we got off the phone with each other a burglar came in and stole everything from me, including my girlfriend Georgia." He was crying by now. I turned to him and grabbed his hand.
"After that I decided not to get close to anyone. I was walking home from a new job, I got hired as a bar tender at a local bar. My life was finally starting to get better. But I was stopped by a man, he held a knife demanding me to give him my money. I did as told. But he stabbed me anyways and I fell to the ground. The terrifying part was before I let the darkness consume me I saw the same man that killed Georgia." He wiped at the tears on his face "the piece of crap that killed my baby girl stabbed me and left me to die in the street."
"I'm so sorry!" I whispered
I can't believe something like this happened to him.
"There's not a day that I don't think about Georgia."
We sat in silence, I wasn't used to seeing this side of Nathan, the serious, sad side.
He looked at me and smiled weakly. "But I'm fine I promise!"
"I'm always here for you Nathan. Your not completely alone!"
"I know!" He muttered as he hugged me.
I kissed his cheek and looked up at the ceiling. "I'm so scared of all of this."
"Of what?"
"Everything. Seeing shadows, seeing my dead brother , and the fact that almost every shadow wants me dead!"
He chuckled a little "yeah I can see how that can be a little scary!"
I scoff " a little."
"But Amanda your strong you can get through this!"
"Thank you."
" I'll be here for you when you need me."
I sighed quietly sitting up, he sat up too.
"Love ya Nate."
"Love ya too Amanda."

****

A/N

Sorry it's short but this is the last chapter for a while. I won't have any internet access for a while so this is the best I could do for 11:34 at night. I was asked if I could talk more about Nathan and his story before he died so here you go valued reader. I hope you guys like it!

Comment and vote!<3