chapter 24

They did this to me!

I sat in gym and watched the boys play basketball.
"Board?"
I looked over to see a girl. She was big but extremely pretty. She had brown wavy hair and blue eyes, She wore black glasses. She was wearing a hoodie, gray leggings and black vans.
"Yep!" I stated with a sigh.
"I understand completely!" She groaned
"Free days just suck sometimes am I right!"
She smiled "as right as Theo James shirtless!"
I laughed "yes! I'm Amanda!"
"Gazelle! Hey do you want to sneak out and go to the art class?"
"I don't know.."
She smiled "Mr. Walter won't notice I do this a lot!"
"OK!"
I followed her off the bleachers as he looked at Mr. Walter before she walked through the door. We went through the hallway and she showed me into a classroom. The room was empty beside the teacher at her desk.
"Hello Gazelle! Who's your friend?"
"Hey mom this is Amanda!"
"I'm Mrs. Murphy!" She said getting up walking to us. She enveloped me in a huge when she released me she smiled "its so nice to meet you!"
"You too Mrs. Murphy!"
Well come on in and draw or whatever until class ends!"
Gazelle grabbed supplies before sitting at a table. I sat next to her and grabbed a paper and pencil.
I bit my lip, I thought of myself as a good drawer but it really depends. I look over to see Gazelle had already outlined at beautiful rose. She was shading and darkening lines. I looked at my paper and started to draw a cross. I sketched it out drawing ribbons circling the cross. When I finished I darkened the drawing and fixed some of the lines. When it was complete I smiled. The cross looked beautiful, it was 3D and black and white. Coloring my drawings weren't my thing.
"That's beautiful!" Gazelle said beside me.
"Thank you!" I smiled.
"Are you religious?" She asked.
I shrugged my shoulders "yeah I guess, I don't go to church much. You?" I looked at her.
"Yeah, I'm Mormon."
I looked at her confused.
"And before you say anything I only have one mom!"
Mrs. Murphy chuckled at her desk.
"What's a Mormon?"

After a few minutes of questions and Gazelle answering me I finally understood. She smiled "you can come to church with me if you'd like!?"
I smiled "maybe!"
"A maybes better than a never I always say!"
"That she does! You guys might want to get to the gym before Mr. Walter notices!"
I smiled and helped Gazelle put things up and walked with her to the gym. We had a few minutes left until the bell rung. I sat next to Gazelle on the bleachers. My head started to ache. I looked around gym and my eyes landed on a strange figure. A boy sat in the corner on the opposite side of the gym. He was looking up at me. He was wearing a teared up football jersey. His jeans were torn also, he had blood along his face and arms. Leaves were in his hair, his face was scratched up.
"They did this to me!" He screamed. "They killed me!"
"Who?" I whispered my heart pounding in my chest.
"They'll die too!"
My eyes were glued onto the boy.
"Amanda? Amanda?!" Someone said shaking me, I looked up at Gazelle.
"You OK?" She asked , worry in her eyes.
"Yeah!" I reassured her before I looked back towards the boy. But he was gone.
Who did that to him?
The bell rang and I shot up and ran down the bleachers. I looked through the halls for Drake. When I spotted him I shoved myself through the hallway to him.
"Drake!"
He looked over at me "yeah?"
"I need to talk to you about something."
He gave me a questioning look "OK what?"
"Alone!" I said looking at him.
He nodded and looked at the girl he was talking to "talk to ya later Jessie tell Lizzie to stop freaking out she'll be fine!" The girl nodded and drake grabbed my hand. The halls started to clear out as the warning bell rang. Drake led me to a empty classroom. He locked it before turning around to look at me.
"What's wrong?"
"I saw a shadow!"
"Wait where?!" He said urgently
"In the gym, Drake I think he went here!" I whispered the last part.
"what do you mean?"
I sighed "he was wearing a football jersey, he said they did this to him!" I felt tears build up at the rims of my eyes "I think he was murdered!"
Drake hugged me "its OK, I'll look into this OK!" He said releasing me. He held my shoulders as I nodded.
"It'll be OK!"
He took my hand, intertwining our fingers and unlocked the door. He walked me to class. I sat in class as the teacher talked I blocked her out. I looked down at my hands and sighed. All I could think about was the boy in the jersey.

*****

I sat down after band practice. Drake plopped down next to me.
"Are you OK?" He asked
I bit my lip and shook my head.
"Still thinking about what happened in the gym?"
"Wait what happened in the gym?" Sam asked butting in our conversation.
"Nothing stop being nosey!" Drake stated.
Sam just chuckled as he went upstairs.
"If you want you can come over tomorrow and we can see what we can find?!"
"Please!?"
He smiled "OK come over tomorrow after school!"
I hugged him "thank you!"
"Its no problem Amanda I want to help!"
I stood up and grabbed my things. I need to go home, I needed to talk to Lilly.

I sat on my bed and called Lilly.
"Hello pixie!"
I sighed at her voice.
"You OK?" She asked
"Yeah its been a crazy month!"
"What happened?"
Oh how I wish I could tell you!
"Homework, tests!" I lied
"I understand your pain! Oh remember that hot guy I was talking about, the guy I work with at the pizza place?!"
"Yeah!?"
"We're dating!" She squealed
"I'm so happy for you!" I smiled
"Thank you! Soooo how are you and Drake?!"
I smiled "we went on a date yesterday!"
"Ahh no way what'd you do?" She screamed.
"We went to the aquarium and got in a dolphin tank, we petted them and than went to dinner!"
She gasped "dolphins omg that's so romantic!"
"I know!" I gushed
"Look at us dating! We haven't had a boyfriend since like what sixth grade!"
I laughed "yeah its been a while!"
She sighed "I miss ya girl!"
"I miss you too love!"