chapter 11

Surprised?

A/N there are some point of view changes in this chapter!

Drake p.o.v

I laid down on my bed, rubbing my face.
Its been a long day
I started to drift off when my phone beeped. I turned my phone on.

Ryder🎸: hey man can you come over?

Drake: yeah, why?

Ryder🎸: we need to look at some music for the gig and wanted to know your thoughts on it.

Drake: OK be there in 20.

I grabbed a random shirt that was lying on the floor after smelling it I shrugged and put it on. I put my shoes on and grabbed my keys off my night stand.
"Bye guys!" I yelled as I walked out the front door.

I started the car, blasting music too wake me up. when I got to Ryder and Phoenix's house I ran up the steps, knocking on the door.
Mrs. Jones opened the door with her usual smile, dressed in a sundress and heels.
"Hi drake."
I smiled "hi Mrs. J where's Phoenix and Ryder?"
"There out back sweetie"
"Thanks!"
I walked around the house and opened the back gate. Closing it be hind me I started to call the guys.
"Ryder, Phoen-"
"SURPRISE!" everyone screamed.
"What the fu-" I stopped myself short when I spotted my mom.
"Fudge, what the fudge?!"
Ryder came up too me "real smooth." He whispered, laughing.
"Shut up!"
Justin smiled "we're all here to celebrate our first gig."
"This is awesome thank you guys!"
"It was actually all Amanda's doing." Sam said drinking out of a plastic cup.
"Where is she?"
"Over there by the snack table." He said pointing over to the back of the massive yard. I spotted her near my mom chatting away. As I grew closer to her I noticed the jean short shorts and maroon tank top she was wearing. Her hair was pulled up into a tight pony tail. When she turned around she smiled when she saw me.
"Do you like the party?" She asked.
"Yes I do and thank you, for all of this!"
She blushed "no problem."
"Hey Amanda!" Someone yelled.
"I better go see what Ryder wants, I'll talk to later!" She said running off.
I grabbed a plastic cup and poured myself some punch.
"She's a sweet girl!" My mom says grabbing a sandwich.
"You think so?" I smiled at her.
"Yeah...cute too."
"Mom."
"What? You guys would be cute together. With how much you talk about the girl I'm surprised she hasn't noticed."
"Mom please shut up."
"Well just look what she did for you. She planned the whole thing, bought and made all the food. And talked about you the whole time. She obviously likes you!" She said smiling
I just smiled my face started to grow hot involuntarily.
"Awe your blushing!" My mom said smiling.
"Shut up."

"HELLO EVERYONE,"
I looked over to see Amanda talking into a microphone
"I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE HAVE A GREAT TIME SO FAR. BUT AS YOU KNOW WE'RE HERE TO CELEBRATE OUR FIRST GIG AT THE TAZ. AND AFTER HOURS OF THE GUYS TRYING TO CONVINCE ME, I FINALLY AGREED TO SING FOR YOU GUYS."
everyone clapped.
"THIS IS FOR DRAKE AND THE GUYS!"
The music started to play, I recognized it instantly. I smiled at her as she started singing.
Was my mom right? Does she really like me? I know she said she loved me but she was drunk.
I was too caught up in my thoughts to realize Amanda had stopped singing. I looked up at he she looked scared as she held her head. She fell back.
I swerved through the crowd.
"Are you OK?" I said sitting next to her.
"Uh...I don't know."
She blinked a couple times looking forward.
She gasped quietly "chase."
I froze, everyone stopped moving.
And that's when she fainted, falling back hitting her head on a steppingstone.

Amanda's p.o.v

"THIS IS FOR DRAKE AND THE GUYS!" I said into the mic.
The music started and I glanced back to see drake grinning. My heart started to beat faster. I started to sing. But then I started to have a horrible headache. I stopped singing grabbing my head in pain. I looked over my vision was blurry. I fell back , bracing all my weight on my arm, sitting in the grass.
"Amanda are you OK?" I heard Justin yell coming towards me.
"Are you OK?" Someone said touching my hand. I recognized the voice instantly as Drake.
"Um...I don't know."
I looked up.
I started blinking.
I saw someone I thought I'd never see again.
He was the only clear figure in the mass of blur. He was trying to say something, moving his hand around rapidly. He was screaming. I can't hear him.

"Chase."

As soon as his name escaped my lips I felt drake stiff in beside me. Everyone froze. And the last thing I saw was the bruises around his neck before it all went black.

*****

I woke up in a hospital bed. My mouth was dry and felt like cotton. My head was hurting as I lifted my head up to look around me. My mom sat next to me and smiled when she saw I was awake.
"What happened" I whispered.
"You passed out and hit your head on a steppingstone. You got some stitches but you'll be fine." She grabbed my hand "are you feeling OK?"
I smiled slightly"I'm fine, I just have this major headache."
"I'll talk to the doctors about that."
My dad walked in with two cups of what seems like coffee. He smiled when he saw me.
"Well look who finally decided to join us!" He handed a cup to my mom.
"Thanks hon."
He sat down on the other side of me.
"Honey," my mom said looking serious " do you remember anything before you passed out?"
I started to think about last night. And everything that happened.
The party. The people. My brother.
"No not really." I lied
She frowned at me taking a sip of her coffee.
"Are you hungry at all?" My dad pipes up.
"No."
He rubbed my arm "OK."
There was a light knock on the door.
"Come in."
The door opened and drakes head peered over.
Mom stood up "we'll let you have some privacy, come on tom."
My dad patted my knee before leaving.
"You OK?" Drake said when the door closed.
"Yeah I'm fine."
I tried to sit up, but immediately regretted it when the room started to spin. I laid back down and smiled at him. "How's practice?"
"Great, but we need a little more sessions before we can be ready for sure." He smiled sitting down next to me.
I looked at him he was gorgeous like always wearing a tight black shirt and jeans. I probably looked like a mess, with bed head and no make up.
He grabbed my hand "are you sure your OK. You fell back pretty hard?"
I smiled "other than this headache I'm OK Drake."
He smiled at me.
My phone started to ring.
"Can you get that for me?"
He got up, grabbed it and answered.
"Hello?....she's fine.....its drake, and you are?.... Oh its you...yeah she told me about you..... Oh really!?" He said looking at me "well it was nice talking to you too here she is."
I grabbed the phone from him, pressing it to my ear.
"Hello?"
"Amanda are you OK?" Lilly said clearly worried.
"Yeah I'm fine."
"OK good....Drake's voice is super sexy!"
I laughed "yeah I know" I said looking at him. He cocked His eyebrows at me.
"Well I'm gonna let you go so you can rest, I love you beautiful."
"I love you too lilbear."
I hung up putting my phone on the side table.
"She was nice." Drake said smiling.
"Yeah she is.'
"So when are you getting out of this dump?"
I laughed "I have no idea!"