chapter 13

Chase^

The beach

I quickly got dressed, putting on my blue and white bikini. Slipping my feet in a pair of flip flops and putting some essentials in my bag. The door bell rang signaling my ride was here. I walked down stairs, making sure I had everything as I opened the door.
"I seem to have everything I need." I said looking up. Surprised to see Drake standing there instead of Axel.
"Hey?"
"Sorry I think this is yours?!" He said holding up a gray jacket, my lost gray jacket.
"Oh thank you!" I said grabbing it from him and placing it on the couch in the living room.
"So are you excited for The Taz?"
He asked smiling.
"Yeah a little nervous too."
"Oh I know its a little unreal."
"Yeah, oh looks like Axels here." I said as Axel pulled up in my driveway.
Drake looked back and looked back at me "see ya latter than?!"
"Yeah!" I said locking the door behind me. We both walked to a different car. I slide into the front seat of Axel's car, buckling my seatbelt.
"Ready?" He asked already backing up.
"Yep!"

The car ride there was nothing but laughter and random stories.
I missed Axel, I haven't hung out with him that much and I needed this. We set up our stuff on the beach. I sat down next to Axel pulling out my suntan lotion. I started lathering myself with it. I was way to white and I need a tan. Once I was done I look over to see a shirtless Axel and gaped at the sight.
"Dang Axel! What do you do in your free time? Work out for fun?"
He looked at me and smiled "yeah sort of, and I played soccer for a couple of years."
"I swear its a shame your gay!"
He laughed at me.
I looked down at my skinny frame man I need to work out!
I laid down ready to tan, closing my eyes when I was picked up. My eyes shot open as I was thrown over someone's shoulder. I screamed as the man threw me into the water. The cold water suddenly engulfed me. I swam up for air and looked around to see who threw me. I saw Axel in front of me laughing.
I smiled jerk
I splashed him and he looked up at me startled.
"You did not just ruin my hair!" He exclaimed grinning.
"Yeah I did." I shrugged
He splashed me back but I dodged the wave of water.
"Missed me!" I said splashing him back.
He gasped dramatically "your so dead!"
He lunged at me pushing me down into the water. I jump back up for air.
"Jerk!" I said laughing.
"You gotta problem with that!?"
I just laughed at him

After a long time of swimming and laying in the sun we decided to get lunch. We finally picked a cute little restaurant along the beach.  It was called Seashell and when we walked in we were greeted by a hostess that had seashells all over her hair, lining her braided pigtails. Once we were seated and our drink oder was taken Axel looked at me and smiled.
"What?"
"I love that your back Amanda I missed you!"
I smiled at him " I missed you too Axel!"
I looked down at the menu, deciding to get a BLT sandwich.
"Here's your diet Dr pepper and your Sprite. Are you two ready to order?" Our waitress asked pulling out a pen and pad.
" I'll get the BLT sandwich please oh and with no tomato."
Axel stared at the menu "you know what, I'll get the same!"
"OK two BLT sandwiches no tomato!anything else?"
"No thank you."
"OK your food will be out in a jiffy!"
I smiled at her as she left.
"Soooo how's the band going for ya?"
"Fine, The Taz is next week which scares me but hey its a good thing! Right?"
"Yeah its an amazing thing. Amanda it's the bands first gig its exciting!"
"Yeah." I frowned.
Before chase died I would sing for hours on end. I loved singing it was my passion. Chase was a extreme supporter when I took singing lessons. But after he died every time I sing I think of him and I couldn't do it. I stopped the singing lessons and I didn't sing for a long time until this year. When I started to feel normal.
"Are you OK?" He asked looking concerned.
"Yeah I'm fine!" I smiled trying to reassure him.
"Amanda I know you, what's wrong?"
I sighed "It's stupid."
"Tell me."
"It's just when I was little singing was something me and chase bonded over. After he died singing became to much for me, I just now started to sing this year and its still a little weird for me."
He smiled sweetly at me "that's not stupid."
"It is."
"Amanda its normal to feel that way! He's your brother and he passed away. Singing is something you guys did together. Its normal so feel a little uncomfortable when you sing!"
I smiled at him. "Thanks."
"I'm always here if you need some of my wisdom!"
I snorted as I took a drink of my diet Dr pepper.
"Hey I'm smart!"
I looked at him and smiled "sure you are!" I said patting his arm.
He rolled his eyes at me.
I smirk "ya know if you roll your eyes too much you could get a
Aneurysm!"
"Shut up!" He said laughing, throwing a napkin at me.

*****

When Axel dropped me off at my house I went upstairs to take a shower.
I let the hot water engulf my body. I quickly washed my hair and body and jumped out. Wrapping my body in a towel I walked out into my room. I dried off and dressed in black leggings and a maroon tank top. I put my wet hair in a pony tail.
I sat on the corner of my bed and grabbed my TV remote. I decided to catch up on the flash. After putting it on I laid on my stomach and propped my head on my hands.
I sighed what a fun day.