chapter 23

Amanda's outfit^

Goodnight

I sat on the leather couch after practice. I stood in front of my closet for hours trying to pic the perfect outfit for my date. I ended up wearing a pair of black lace shorts, a white lose tank top, and a quarter sleeve cheetah print cardigan. I put a gold cross necklace on and a few bracelets. Pairing the whole outfit with a brown shoulder purse and black vans. Ryder gave me a ride today saying he missed talking to me. I smiled as Stacy skipped into the basement. She sat next to me and leaned into my side. I wrapped my arm around her. The guys were about done packing their things up. Stacy yawned loudly and looked up at me.
"Mommy said you and Drakie are going on a date!"
I smiled "yeah we are!"
She smiled sleepily "good I like you!"
She laid her head on my lap and a few moments later I heard her snore quietly. The guys left saying their goodbyes. Drake came up to me smiling slightly.
"I'll take her to her bed, I'll see you up stairs?"
"Yeah!"
He carefully grabbed Stacy off my lap. I followed him up stairs and he went to Stacy's room as I went to the living room. I sat on the couch as Lizzie was flipping through channels. She smiled at me as she settled on The Flash.
"I love this show!" I gushed
She grinned "me too!"
"Isn't Barry so hot!"
"Yes! Oh and Sisco!" She gaped.
"Yes!" I grinned
"Are you guys freaking out because of The Flash, really?"
Drake said standing above me.
"Uh yeah?!" I stated looking up at him "so?"
He grinned shaking his head "Arrows better!"
Lizzie and I gasped.
He chuckled "are you ready Amanda?!"
I slowly got up and walked to the door "weirdo." I muttered as I walked passed him.
He laughed as we left, walking to his car. He opened my door like always, shutting it behind me before he went to the drivers side.
"So where are we going?" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt.
He did the same before starting the car "Not telling!" He sang as he backed up out of his driveway.
I smiled at him "please?!"
"Nope its a surprise!"
We than sat in comfortable silence, music playing slightly. I took my chance to look at him. He had a smile on his face as he hummed along to the song playing on the radio. He wore washed out jeans and a gray dress shirt. The top few buttons undone, he styled his brown hair perfectly. I smiled as the sunset outlined his face, making his jawline standout and his blue eyes shine. He stopped at a red light and I looked out the window.
I smiled I'm so lucky.

Drakes p.o.v

I stopped at a red light and looked over at Amanda. She was smiling as she looked out the window. She was so beautiful. The sunset made her look even more like a angel. Her blonde hair was cascaded down her back as she leaned forward slightly.
I smiled I'm so lucky!

Amanda's p.o.v

I jumped when a someone honked their horn. I looked over and Drake drove, his cheeks red.
I smiled as the aquarium came into view.
"Please tell me we're going to the aquarium!" I looked over at him he was grinning.
"First we need to get you a bathing suit!" He said as he turned into the parking lot of the mall.
I smiled "why do I need a bathing suit?"
"You'll see!"
I got out, grabbing my bag.
"OK let's go! He said grabbing my hand.
My heart started to beat faster as he intertwined or fingers.
We walked in about every store. I ended up getting a black bikini with neon sea horse on it at rue 21. Drake bought it for me saying it was date and he wanted to pay for everything.
We than got in to the car and headed for the aquarium. He parked the car and we both walked into the building. We quickly paid and Drake grabbed my hand. We walked through everything. My fingers touching the glass slightly as a penguin swam through the water. I know I was little when I had this fascination but I still love penguins. Drake pulled me away from the tank and walked me outside. We walked up to a lady with a wet suit on. Drake talked to her shortly and she guided us to a large tank. I gasped when I saw dolphins.
"Drake their so cute!"
He grinned " you have your bathing suit?"
I nodded.
"Catie will show you to the bathroom and give you a wet suit!"
I smiled and nodded as I followed Catie. I slipped my clothes off and put the bathing suit on.
"This one should fit you just fine!"
Catie said holding out a wet suit over the stall.
"Thank you!" I said grabbing it from her. After like twenty minutes I finally got the wet suit on and zipped up. I walked out and Catie held out wet shoes. I slipped them on "where do I put my clothes?"
She handed me a bag "this should be OK!"
I grabbed the bag and stuffed my belongings in it. We walked out Drake sat at the end of the tank. He looked up and smiled "ready?"
"So ready!" I said walking towards him. We got in the tank as Catie instructed us to gently and quietly get the dolphins over to us. One dolphin came up to me.
"That's Lilly, you can pet her if you want!"
I smiled at Lilly as I immediately thought of my best friend in Kentucky. I pet Lilly and looked over to see drake petting the other dolphin.
"And that's Wallis!"

After a couple of hours of playing with the dolphins Drake took me to dinner.
I smiled at him as I sat across of him.
"So I don't want this to be weird but I have to ask! What happened between you and Justin?"
I took a bite of my burger, I swallowed and smiled "he's more a friend, like we had fun on our date but that night we both decided that we're more friends than anything!"
"Well I'm glade you decided that!" He stated as he ate one of his French fries.
I blushed "me too!"
"So how's everything with your grampa?"
"He's good, as he said to me he's not dead yet!"
He smiled "that's true."
I took a sip of my Dr pepper.
"I forgot to mention this earlier penguin but you you look amazing!"
I blushed, man he makes me blush to much! "Thank you Drake." I smiled "you sure know how to flatter a girl!"
He grinned "its easy when it comes to you!"

*****

After dinner he drove me home. He insisted on walking me up to my door. He smiled down at me.
"I had an amazing night with you Amanda!"
"I did too!"
"Maybe we can do this again, this Saturday?"
I nodded "I would love that!"
He pushed a stray hair behind my ear and cupped my face with both hands. He leaned down and kissed me. I kissed him back and it ended way to fast than I wanted it too. He pressed his forehead on mine and smiled.
"goodnight!" He whispered.
"Goodnight!"
He let me go and walked to his car. I watched him as he got in his car and drove away. I squealed as I walked into the house. I went up to my room and smiled as Nathan sat in a bean bag.
"Finally I was getting board!"