chapter 29

A vision

I got dressed in the black dress I bought yesterday. I curled my hair and did my make up. I placed the necklace around my neck and smiled at my reflection. I walked down stairs to see my mom dressed up putting heels on. She was wearing a red dress and diamond earrings. She smiled at me "don't forget we're meeting you at The Revenue at nine!"
"I won't mom!" Right as I said that the door bell rang. I walked to the door and slipped on the heels before answering the door. Drake stood there with a bouquet of red roses. He was dressed in black pants and a gray dress shirt. He looked amazing to say the least.
"Awe Drake thank you!" I said as he handed me the roses "let me go put these in water."

Drakes p.o.v

When she came back from putting the roses in water she smiled.
She started to look for something in her hand bag. I than took the time to admire how beautiful she looked. She wore a black dress that look absolutely perfect on her. It was getting dark but the porch light illuminated her face. She looked angelic as there was a slight smile on her face.
She looked up "I'm ready!"
"This way my lady!" I said curtly holding my hand out for her. She grabbed it and gave a little giggle. I showed her to the car and opened her door. I closed once she got in and jumped in the drivers seat.  Tonight was going to be fun.

I parked the car in an open space of the field. I opened Amanda's door and went to the trunk. I pulled out my telescope and held her hand as I carried it to the field. She was smiling as she stared up at the sky. I placed the telescope and ran back to the car. I grabbed two blankets and closed the trunk. I ran back placing a blanket on the ground. "This is amazing!" Amanda said as she sat down on the blanket. I sat down next to her.
"I know, my dad used to take me here when I was little. I always thought it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen!"
She sighed happily as she looked up at the stars. I looked through the telescope.
"Amanda look." She leaned over and looked through it.
"What your looking at is the Big Dipper."
She leaned back and smiled.
I looked up and was amazed at what I saw. Amanda gasped beside me.
"Falling stars, they're beautiful!"
I looked at her as she gazed above. I could see the faint outline of her face, a smile that seemed to be there when I was around.
"I've seen someone more beautiful!" I whispered
She turned to look at me.
My heart pounded as she grabbed my hand. I love how she has that affect on me. The urge to kiss her grew with every passing second but I shoved the feeling away. I wanted this to be perfect, just like her. She deserves to be treated right. She's strong, caring, and smart. I've admired her since I was nine and the wait was worth it.
After awhile we laid back on the blanket. I sighed as the night grew darker, closer to us not being alone together.
"What happened yesterday? How'd you know I was at the high school?" She asked.
I heard her, her thoughts boomed into my head. I also saw everything. She had a vision of Caleb Newton. I watched and felt him die just as much as she did. I don't know what  happened but I didn't want Amanda to know.
"I heard you." Not a total lie.
"Oh yeah." She giggled than grew serious "Something happened yesterday. He just touched me and I was seeing his memories, it was strange."
"You had a vision, some seekers have them."
"Can you?"
No, I cant seem to do anything. I have no cool powers or abilities. All I seem to do is hear her thoughts.
"No."
She huffed a little "have you met a seeker that can do it?"
I sighed as I remembered my grandfather
"Your the only seeker I've met other than my grandfather. And he wasn't really into sharing his abilities."
She sat up checking her phone "we should go my parents are waiting."
We packed up and got in the car quickly. As I parked I grew excited. Most guys dreaded the moment when they met the girls parents but not me. I fell in love with her when I was ten let's get real here I've been waiting for this moment!
I held the door for her as we walked in a few people were yelling inside.
"I'm sorry sir but you need to leave!"
A man in his late thirties rushes passed us cursing under his breath.
The hostesses smiled as we approached her.
"Sorry about that, name of reservation?"
"Preston!"
"Ahh it seems as the rest of the party has already arrived I'll show you to your table!"
She showed us inside and pointed to a corner table. There sat a couple that I was assuming to be Amanda's parents. As we got closer her mom looked up and smiled.
"Hi!" She said brightly as we sat across from them.
Mr. Preston looked up from his menu and smiled "hello Drake!"
He held his hand out. I shook it and said hello.
Amanda and her mom were already laughing at something. She held my hand under the table. She nudged her head towards her father a gave me a wink before looking at the menu. "So Drake my daughter tells me your quit the singer!"
I smile "I like to think I am sir!"
"You know I used to be in a band!"
"Really?" I was shocked a little.
"Oh dad please don't you know how sensitive you get on the subject!"
Mr. Preston smiles "your right Amanda, I'll tell you all about it another time." Amanda smiled and excused herself before heading to the bathroom, Mrs. Preston followed.
I looked at the menu.
"You wanna know something Drake?!"
I looked up and smiled politely "sure Mr. Preston."
"For one call me Tom please."
I nodded"of course Tom."
"Amanda wasn't really OK with coming back here but from these past weeks I got to see my little girl happy. And I have to say its because of you. So thank you Drake."
I smiled as he looked down at his menu.
"Oh and don't think I don't know about camp woodland, my baby girl told me everything!"