chapter 26

Relationship?

I grunted as I did another sit up. I was at twenty three and I was sweating.
Ugh I need to workout more!
"I hate sit ups!" Gazelle groaned beside me.
"Me too!" I said as I did another.
When we finally finished I followed Gazelle to the bleachers. She huffed as she plopped down.
"So I heard your dating Drake lenton!" She said
I looked at her and smiled "we had our first date like three days ago!"
"What'd you do?"
"We petted dolphins and went to dinner, it was so cute!"
"Awe!"
I sighed "are you dating anyone?"
She snorts "yeah like anyone wants to date a whale like me!"
I looked at her "Gazelle! A guy would be lucky to land a girl like you! Your freaking gorgeous!"
She smiled "thanks!"
"Just stating the truth girl! And by the way I think Justin likes you!"
She rolled her eyes "yeah right!"
"I'm serious, I mentioned you in band practice and his face immediately lit up."
She blushed "really?!"
"Yeah it was adorable!"
She let out a little laugh.
"You should talk to him, he's a really nice guy! And it doesn't hurt that he's nice to look at!"
"I will!"
"Good the goober needs a girlfriend!" I laughed
My face lit up as I thought of a great idea "you should go to band practice with me tonight!"
She froze "uh what?!"
"Yeah you can go to my house and I can take you to practice with me!"
"Uh..."
"Come on he'll be there!"
She smiled "OK I'll go!"
I squealed "yes!"

*****

I drove to practice, Gazelle sitting next to me.
"Are you sure I look OK?!" She asked for the thousandth time.
"Yes you look beautiful!"
She did in fact look beautiful today. She wore ripped skinny jeans, a black halter top and a leather jacket. Her hair was wavy and she did her make up perfectly. She paired the outfit with a pair of black ankle boots.
I pulled up to Drake's house. We both got out and walked to the door. I was about to knock when I remembered I can just walk in. So I opened the door and walked in. Closing the door I showed Gazelle down into the basement. I spotted Justin at his keyboard. He looked up and smiled at me then his eyes landed on Gazelle and he blushed. He looked down at his keyboard and played a few keys.
"See!" I whispered to Gazelle.
She smiled as I showed her to the leather couch.
She sat down and I walked up to Drake.
"I hope its OK if I brought Gazelle with me, we were hanging out and I wasn't able to take her home!?"
He smiled "I know your trying to hook Justin and Gazelle up no need to lie!" He whispered
My eyes widened a little "how'd you-"
"I can hear you thoughts penguin!"
I sighed "oh yeah."
He chuckled "ready?"
I nodded and stood behind my microphone stand.
"Why don't we start with fire?" I ask knowing Justin had a little solo in this song.
Drake nodded "we're starting with fire!"
When practice ended I sat next to Stacy. She came in in the middle of practice. She was chatting with Gazelle talking about her favorite show Bubble Guppy's.
"I love that show too!" Gazelle says smiling.
I look at Stacy and smile "hey Stacy why don't we let Gazelle talk to the guys?!"
"OK!" She chirps "I think Justin likes her!" She whispers
"Me too!" I whisper back
Gazelle gets up and walks over to Justin. She smiles as I see Justin's face go red.
Drake sits next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder.
"Are you done being Miss. Match maker?"
I grinned "not yet," I whisper "hey Justin I seem to have forgotten that I have a important family dinner tonight can you drive Gazelle home for me?!"
Gazelle looks at me in disbelief.
"Yeah that's fine!" He answers quickly.
I look at Drake "now I'm done!"I smile
He grins and shakes his head.
"I'm pretty good at it though!"
"That you are!" He says after Gazelle giggles at Justin.
"Well I should get home!" I said standing up.
I looked at Drake he was pouting like a child. "Why?"
"I have a presentation to do!"
He smiled "you can did it here! I know you keep your bag in your car all most every day!"
I sighed "fine I'll stay!" I smile
He grins "its spaghetti night!"
"I do love spaghetti!"
"So your staying for dinner to!?"
"I still have to go home! I have to change and i pretty sure Justin will be curious on why I stayed!"
He sighed "fine."
"I'll be back!" I went upstairs and ran outside to my car. I drove home quickly and went to my room. I slide off my sweat clothes from practice. I took a short shower and dried my hair I went to my room and grabbed a pair of black leggings and a blue shirt that hang loosely on on shoulder. I put on some basic make up and slipped on black converse before going back to my car outside. I drove back to Drake's house. All the guys cars was gone as I pulled up and parked. I walked in the house carrying my backpack with me. I smiled a Lizzie as I walked passed the living room to Drake's room. I knocked and walked in with out a answer. I stopped short as I saw Drake with a towel wrapped around is waist. He looked over to where I was and smirked "penguin how can I help you?"
"I um..sorry I'll... Just go..and wait outside!" I stuttered as I closed the door. I sighed in relief as the door was closed.
Well that was embarrassing!
The door opened and Drake's head peaked out "I'm descent penguin!"
I walked in his room "I'm so sorry I should of waited for you to answer, wow I'm such a dork!" I whispered the last part more to myself.
He chuckled making a shiver go through my body "its OK really!"
I look at him he had basketball shorts on and a white beater. His hair was still wet, water droplets slide down the side of his face and neck. He cleared his throat and sat on his bed.
"Wow I am totally staring I'm sorry!" I blush looking away.
He chuckles again "Amanda its OK, I like it when you stare at me!"
I looked at him and see a light pink cover his cheeks.
"Can I borrow you computer?"
He nods and I walk over and sit down. I plugged my flash drive in and open the file. I click on my presentation and start typing in facts.
"So The Odyssey?!"
"Yep!" I say as I continue my sentence.
"Cool, I love Greek mythology!"
I gasp and turn to look at him "really?!"
He smiled "uh yeah my favorite god is Poseidon!"
"Mine too!"
"Awesome!"
I grin as I turn back around to the computer.