chapter 28

help!

I quickly drove back to school. My second date with Drake was tomorrow and my mom kept texting me about shopping. In the end of the day I completely forgot to grab my bag out of my locker. I parked close to the building, glade that there was after school activities today. I got out of my car and walked to the entrance. The hallways were empty as I walked through them. I was nearing my locker when my head started to ache.
A Shadow
I looked around looking for the Shadow. My eyes landed on him. He stood by the cafeteria doors staring at me.
"Were you murdered?" I asked quietly.
"They were supposed to be my friends."
"What happened?"
He Smiled at me evilly "I know someone that would love if you were dead!"
My heart pounded in my chest "I just want to help Caleb!" I stated.
"How are you going to help? The should pay for what they did to me!"
"What happened that night?" I questioned again.
He looked away from me, like he was ashamed. "They got me drunk after a game. I followed them to the forest. Jay said it would be cool, he said we won't get caught. I told them we shouldn't be here its not safe."
He walked over to me and grabbed my shoulder. My head felt like it was going to explode. I closed my eyes in pain. I opened them again.

Three years ago Caleb's p.o.v

"Guys we shouldn't be here!" I exclaimed as jay chuckled.
"Wow your a paranoid drunk!" They laughed.
"Chill C it's fine!" Cameron said slapping my shoulder. I sighed in frustration as I kept following them through the forest. We finally stopped at a little clearing. There were logs surrounding a little fire pit. It was dark, we were just at a football game. I was the star quarterback on the varsity team. I sat on one of the logs as the guys laughed trying to lite a fire. I looked down at my hands regretting my decisions. I never drank before and I let everyone pressure me into playing that drinking game.
"Yes!" They yelled as the fire lite. They all sat down laughing to themselves.
"We totally bet those Jaguars today!" Steven said grinning " in five more weeks its off to the championship game!" We all cheered.
"Man did you see Lilia tonight. She sure knows how to rock a mini skirt!"
"What the heck Jason that's my girlfriend!" Jay yelled.
Jason looked at Jay with pure shock on his face "when did you get here?!"
Jay stood up and walked over to Jason. Before I could say anything Jay punched him square in the jaw. Jason fell back, he scrambled to his feet holding his jaw.
"Ow!" He exclaimed throwing his arm back and punching Jay in the stomach. I stood up, moving away from the fighting. They were throwing punches left and right. "Stop! Guys stop!" I screamed
When they didn't stop I tried my best to separate them. I wedged my arms between them as they fought. Jay landed a couple blows before he looked at me. His eyes were full of rage. Frankly he was scaring the heck out of me.
"Get out of my way Newton!" He yelled
I stood taller "Jay you need to calm down!"
His jaw tightened up "move!" He yelled again but this time he shoved me away, hard. I stumbled back and tripped on a rock. I flung back, I thought I was going to land on the ground but I didn't. I rolled helplessly down the hill. I hit branches and rocks. I cringed at each blow, screaming. When I came to a stop I couldn't move my body. I knew for sure I broke my legs and my ribs. I coughed slightly, suddenly aware of my shortness of breath. My arm was extremely painful. I felt something sticky oozing towards my fingers.
Blood.
"Help!" I tried to scream but it came as a whisper.
"Help!"
"CALEB, CALEB!?" Jay screamed.
"Man we gotta go!" Steven yelled "we're gonna get arrested! We can't stay here!"
I heard Jay sigh and the running of feet that followed.
I'm going to die.
My body felt numb, I couldn't think straight. I was bleeding out and my breathing was becoming limited. I fought with myself as I tried to keep my eyes open. I was so tired. I can't fight anymore my eyes closed slowly, my life drifting away like sand in the wind.
Someone save me pl...........

Present

"Amanda!"
My eyes fluttered open, my gaze landed on a pare of gorgeous ice blue eyes.
"Are OK? What happened?" Drake asked as I sat up slowly. I looked around, I was in the high school sitting on the floor.
My head was hurting and then I suddenly remembered.
Caleb.
"Where is he?!"
"I don't know." He stated looking at me.
I felt tears springing to my eyes. I started balling as drake hugged me. I laid my head on his chest allowing my tears to seep into his white shirt.
"His friends left him to die!" I sobbed.
Drake calmly stroked my hair.
"I felt him dying, I felt him bleed out."
"Shh." He coos in my ear.
I stopped crying and sat up. He smiled as I looked up at him.
"I need to help him." I stated. "No matter what you say I want him to be at peace. He shouldn't have died like that, alone and scared." He sighed "I understand Amanda and I'm here to help as much as I can!"
"Really?!"
"Yeah really!"
I looked down "thank you."
No problem. Now let's get you home!" He helped me up and we walked to my locker. As soon as I got my bag he drove me home. My mom squealed as I walked in the house. "Let's go shopping!"
I sighed and put on a fake smile. "Let's go!"

After hours of walking through different stores I finally bought a three quarter sleeve black dress. The back showed a little and it came up just past my knees. Its tight at the waist and falls loosely on my legs. My mom bought a pair of nude wedges to go with it and grabbed a cute chunky pearl necklace. We went home soon after and we went our separate ways. I placed my bags next to my dresser and sat on my bed. I sighed as I slipped my socks and shoes off, letting them fall to the ground. I laid back wrapping myself up in my blanket. I stared up at the ceiling fan.
I'm afraid to go to sleep.
After awhile I was finally able to drift off.

*****

Once I got up I got in the shower. I washed my hair and body slowly, I wasn't in a rush. After I finished I turned off the faucet and jumped out. I dried off, wrapping the towel around me and went into my room. I grabbed a black tank top, white and black Nike shorts and some clean underwear. I dropped my towel and slipped my clothes on. I sat on my bed and sighed, thinking back to yesterday. Caleb wasn't murdered it was an accident but none of his friends tried to help him. The feeling of him dying was seared into my brain.
There was a light knock on my door.
"Come in."
My dads head peered in, he was smiling as he walked over and sat down on my bed. I smiled back pushing my feelings aside.
"Hey sweetie your mom tells me your going on another date with Drake!"
"Yeah I am."
"She also told me you met his family!"
"Yes..." I said confused a little.
"Well that being confirmed I want to invite Drake for dinner! Tonight after your date if possible!"
"OK I'll text him, see if he can."
He smiled "OK sweetie. I better be treating you right!"
"He is dad."
He smiled and left, closing the door behind him. I grabbed my phone from the night stand and texted Drake. In a couple of  minutes he replied.

Drakie: That sounds perfect, I would love to meet your parents!