chapter 25

I promise

I got dressed quickly in a pair of red skinny jeans and a white crop top. I slipped on my white converse and plugged my straighter in. I did my make up as it heated up. I brushed my hair and ran the straighter through my hair. When I was done I turned it off and went into my room grabbing my bag and keys. I ran down stairs, I was ten minutes late. I quickly got out side and got in my car. I didn't put my radio on like usual i just drove to school in silence. I parked my car and ran inside. I walked into chemistry, everyone looked at me.
"So nice of you to join us!" Mr.Smith stated as I sat down next to Drake.
"Sorry my alarm clock wasn't set it won't happen again!"
Mr. Smith just nodded and continued the lesson. I sighed and rested my head on my hand.
"You OK Amanda?" Drake whispered beside me.
I'm beginning to hate that question.
"Yeah I was just running late!" I look over at him with a smile. He smiles back and looks back at Mr. Smith.

As first hour went on I kept hearing the same question over and over again. I sighed as I walked into AP English. I sat in my usual seat in the back. No one really sat next to me and I was grateful for that today. I crossed my legs and laid my head on my arms on the desk. I just wanted to get school over so I could see what we can find about the boy in the jersey. Just the thought of him getting murdered pains me.
"OK class!" Mrs. Saw said.
I looked up to see her sitting on the edge of her desk. She was smiling like always, papers in hand. Her short blonde hair was in a pony tail. She was wearing a pattern skirt and a pink shirt. She looked really nice today.
"Today I'm picking your partner for the semester project!"
She held a list and she went down it, telling everyone their partner. I waited silently as she went through the list.
"Amanda and," she paused skimming through people's names "Payton!" She smiled.
I looked over to see Payton smiling at me. I smiled back and looked back up to Mrs. Saw who was looking through her filing cabinet.
"Talk to your partners and figure out what you want to do! Remember it has to be about a book, you have to right a essay, and a visual aid for a presentation!"
"Hi!" Payton smiles beside me.
I smiled back "hi!"
"So I was thinking we could do our essay on The Odyssey?!"
I smiled I love Greek mythology! This is going to be great.
"That sounds perfect!"
He smiled "good OK! You can come over my house tonight so we can figure out the basics. Are you OK with assigning parts? I really want to the essay!" He questioned.
I nodded "that's fine!"
"OK come over at seven thirty?"
"Sounds great!"
He gave me his address and number. I smiled as he moved back to his seat in the front.

*****

I drove quietly to Drake's house. When I got there I parked in the driveway. I knocked on the door.
Drakes mom answered "well Amanda why don't you just walk in Honey?"
I smiled "its a habit?"
She smiled "well come on in."
"Thank you Miss. Lenton!"
"Oh honey call me Emma I feel old when people call me Miss. Lenton!"
"Oh OK Emma!"
She sighed happily "Drake is in his room!" She closed the front door "and Amanda did you bring that ghost friend with you, uh what's his name... Nathan that's it."
I smiled "no not today!"
"OK I like to be aware of them being in my house. No matter what Drake tells me I get a little weirded out!"
"I hear you there!" I said as I walked into Drakes room. He was shirtless wearing a pair of black basketball shorts. He sat at a desk typing away on a keyboard. He stared at the computer screen for a second and squinted.
"Lizzie go away!" He said not looking away from the screen.
"Drakie you really need to look who's coming into your room!"
He smiles as he turns to look at me "well penguin I guess I do!"
I dropped my bag on his bed.
"So have you found anything?" I asked as I leaned beside him on the desk.
He grinned "yes I did! I found a article from like three years ago about a football player going missing. About two weeks later they discovered his body in the
Osceola national forest."
"What else does it say?" I frowned.
"It says the teenager was murdered, the cops never found the killer."
I sighed sadly this has to be him.
Drake scrolled through the article.
"Stop."
He stopped scrolling, the screen showed a picture. Caleb newton. He was smiling in the picture. He was in the schools football jersey, his arms draped over his parents shoulders. He looked happy, he looked nothing like this when I saw him in the gym. Caleb was angry, he wanted revenge and I have a feeling it wasn't a empty threat.
"Is this him? The guy you saw?"
"Yeah."
He sighed as he scrolled through the article again.
"Drake something horrible is going to happen."
He looked at me "what do mean?"
"Caleb was so angry and he wanted revenge on his killer. I think he's going to kill him."
"Don't worry he won't be able to!"
We jumped at the new voice. I looked over to see Nathan sitting on drakes bed smiling.
"Nathan what are you talking about?"
"Well you see shadows can't hurt the living, its not aloud!" He groaned "trust me I tried like a thousand times!"
"Well that's a relief!" Drake says smiling.
I smile "sure is." I was more skeptical about this " why is he still here then?"
"He has unfinished business!" Nathan answered
I frowned "can I help him figure out what that is?"
"Amanda no he's still a Shadow!" Drake said shaking his head.
"So is Nathan and he's not trying to kill us!" I exclaimed
"Amanda I don't want you to get hurt!"
"I won't!" I said folding mg arms.
"You don't know that, please promise me you won't go asking questions!"
I sighed " I promise."
"Thank you!" He smiles giving me a hug.
Nathan gags. Drake and I laugh looking at him.
"Oh shut up!" I blush.
Nathan smiles "Amanda and Drake sittin in a tree k-i-"
I picked up a stuffed monkey and threw it at him."stop singing that song!"
The monkey went right through him. He started laughing as I folded my arms and glare at him.
"I swear you never learn do ya?" He asked laughing a little.
"I hate you." I deadpanned.

After a two hours I realize I had to go to Payton's house for our project. I said goodbye to drake and left. I drove to Payton's house when I got there I knocked on the door.
A tall girl answered she frowned when she saw me.
"I thought you were the pizza man." She grumbled
"Sorry?"
"So why are you here?" She asked putting her hand on her hip.
"I'm doing a project with Payton!"
"Whatever!" She stepped back letting me in. She closed the door and looked at me. She resembled Payton a little, but she had black hair. She groaned "he's in the living room!" She pointed
I smiled politely and walked the way she was pointing. I found the living room and spotted Payton on the couch. He was wearing a soccer jersey and sweat pants. He sighed as he wrote in a notebook.
"Hey Payton!"
He looked up and smiled "hey come in sit down!" His accent was horse like he's used his voice to much. I sat down beside him as he groaned. I put my bag next to me and pulled out a notebook and my pencil.
"OK so I've been working on this essay and I don't know if its OK can you read it for me?" He asked.
I nodded and took the notebook he handed to me.
I smiled as I read, immediately interested. His essay talked about the story and Odysseus quest to go home. As I finished what he had I smiled at him "that was amazing Payton!"
He grinned "really I had a feeling it was to much?!"
I shook my head "what you have so far is perfect!"
He blushed "thank you!"
"Your welcome!"
He smiled "have you thought about the visual aid?"
"Yeah I was thinking we could do a like a slide show and talk about the author and the story!?"
He nodded "that sound like a good idea!"
"Great!"

After about a hour of work I went home. I laid in bed and sighed. My life got so complicated. I got up and took a shower. I let the hot water wash over me for a few minutes. I washed my hair and body and stepped out. I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me. I went into my room and dried myself before putting on a black tank top and Victoria Secret shorts. I slipped on a pair of pink fuzzy socks and climbed into bed. I pulled my cover over my body and turned the TV on. I got on Netflix and started were I left off on The Flash.