chapter 21

Nathan^

The shadows

When I got home I went to my room like always. I closed the door and turned to see Nathan sitting on the end of my bed. I turned on some music so no one would think I was a crazy person talking to their self. I sat down opposite of him smiling.
"I know you have questions just ask!" He said grinning.
"I thought ghosts can't touch people, like how'd you shake my hand earlier?"
"We can touch the living if we want to."
"OK um can you walk through walls?"
"How'd you think I got up here?!" He chuckled.
I smiled "tell me about being a ghost!"
He sighed lying down the length of my bed, putting his hands behind his head. "Well first off no one sees you which absolutely sucks! Oh and you know how the living says ghosts are here because they have unfinished business," I nodded "the thing they don't say is we stay here until we figure that out! I have no idea why I'm still here! I have no family or friends so why am I here?!" He groaned "sorry I'm getting a little to worked up here. Um you know that thing people do to produce babies, yeah we can't have sex. Have you watched dogma?"
"Yeah?!"
"Yeah you remember when the angel pulled his pants down."
"Yeah."
"Its like a ken barbie doll down there. Its not like I'm depressed enough but I also don't have a dick."
I laughed he gave me a serious look and I stopped "sorry this isn't funny!"
He smiled "I'm kidding, at first I thought it was funny too!"
I smiled "OK so why don't ghosts like the living seeing them?"
He sighed "we hate being called ghosts for one, we like to be called the shadows."
I snorted at the name.
"Hey I didn't make the name, but it sounds cliche right!" He chuckled.
I laughed "just a little!"
He smiled "yeah its bad."
"So who did make the name?"
His face grew serious " Talon."
I gave him a questioning look.
"He's kind of the leader I guess you can say. He does the dirty biding."
I stared at him "Talon."
"Yeah."
I bit my lip I'll have to remember that name
"OK.... How'd you die?"
"I was walking him from work, someone grabbed my laptop bag and stabbed me." He said moving his jacket. His whole side of his white shirt was covered in dry blood. "No one found me until the next day, after I already bled out on the pavement."
"Oh my gosh I'm sorry!" I gaped.
He shrugged putting his hand back behind his head. "I told you no family, no friends. And its been forty years it doesn't bother me anymore."
"Forty years, wow!"
"Yep I'm seventy five years old!"
I punched his shoulder lightly "well you're a pretty hot seventy five year old!"
He laughed "well thank you, other than that sounding a little creepy and kinda gross it was nice of you to say that!"
I laughed "that did sound creepy!"
"Ya think!" He laughed with me.
"Amanda?" My door opened.
My mom poked her head in smiling.
"Yeah mom?" My heart beating faster as she looked around my room.
"Drake called said he needed to talk to you and your not answering your phone."
I smiled "OK!"
She left closing the door I sighed "that was close!"
"Amanda!" Nathan said grinning, He sat up.
"Yeah?"
"She can't see me!"
We both started laughing "shut up I'm new to this!"
"Clearly!" He smiled. I grabbed my phone and saw three miss calls from Drake. I smiled and called him. I turned my music off and hushed Nathan as he started complaining.
"Amanda"
"Where were you today?"
"I was at home figuring things out, can you come over tomorrow we need to talk about some things?"
"Yeah after school."
"See I was hoping you could skip tomorrow and come over at eight?"
I groaned "I can see but no promises."
"OK good text me if you can or not! My moms OK with it."
"OK bye Drake!" I shushed Nathan when he started making kissing noises.
"Who are you shushing?" Drake asked.
"A friend, so see you tomorrow?!"
"Yeah, bye!"
"Bye!" I hung up and threw a pillow at Nathan. I sighed as I went straight through him.
"Nice shot!" He laughed.
I rolled my eyes causing him to laugh harder.
"I'm so going with you to your boyfriends house tomorrow!" He stated grinning.
"First he's not my boyfriend second you can't he sees you too!"
His eyes widen "really! Than I'm definitely coming! This will be so cool."
I smiled at his enthusiasm.
"I'm serious remember when I said it sucks because people can't see me! Well now two people can, oh I'm so going and you can't stop me!"
"Fine you can go but don't call him my boyfriend when your there!"
He grinned "no promises!"
"Ugh your a pain!"
"I know!" He said shrugging "I used to get that a lot!"
I smiled "I can see why!"
He picked up a pillow and threw it at me. The pillow hit me in the face.
"Jerk." I muttered as I threw it, going straight through him again.
I groaned "I don't see how our friendship is going to work if I can't throw anything at you!"
He sighs "see since you can see me I pretty much going to force our friendship no matter how you feel! Your stuck with me Amanda!"
"Fantastic!" I smiled
"I knew you liked me!"
"Ugh if that helps you sleep at night!"
"Amanda shadows don't sleep!"
I gasped "No!"
"Yep I haven't slept in forty years!"
"I do you live?!"
"Um Amanda I'm dead!"
"Oh, yeah."
He laughed "your going to have to get used to this!"
"I know!" I sighed.
"Your such a dork!" He said looking around my room. I had superhero merch all over my room.
"Hey don't hate!"
He chuckled "dork" he muttered.
I threw a pillow at him, it flew right through him.
"Ugh!" I yelled throwing myself back on my bed.
I smiled as I heard him laugh
"I can totally get used to this!"