Chapter 1- The First Day of School

Chapter 1

The First Day of School

[Niall]

"WAKE UP AND GET READY FOR YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL", Greg shouted at me. I groaned I didn't reallly want to go to school. I know I should be excited that this is my last year in school. I am finally a senior.

I finally got out of bed and made my way to the shower. I took a really quick shower and put some clothes on. I decided to put on my red polo and some blue jeans. I also put on my favorite snapback and made my downstairs to the kitchen.

When I got there mum had already made pancakes. I finished my stack of pancakes in less than a minute. I was really hungry since I skipped dinner yesterday.

I went to Greg's room to see if he was ready to go to take me to school. When I got there, I opened the door and got slammed with a pillow. "Take that little brother." "What was that for?" "That was for entering my room you little brat." "Sorry can we please go to school now." "Fine." Sometimes he can be a real douchebag.

When I got to school, I was looking for my best friends. My best friends are Liam and Louis. Liam is like a father to me. He is always putting everyone before himself. Louis is a funny guy and he always knows how to great time.

I slowly walked into the courtyard and started to look for them. I still couldn't find them. I knew Liam wouldn't skip school unless he had a good reason to. I hope nothing was wrong.

I stood near a giant oak tree for ten good minutes before I decided to head off to class.

My first class is Physical Ed. It sucks to have gym first thing in the morning.

I entered the gym and made my way to the lockers. On the way to the lockers, I saw a guy. He seemed to be lost. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and I saw his amber eyes. They were the most wonderful thing I have ever seen in my life.

"Hey" the guy said. His voice sent shivers down my spine. I responded with "Hey, are you lost or something?"

He said "Yeah, I'm new here and I'm still getting use to this new school. Would you mind helping me?"

"I wouldn't mind. What is your first class?"

He looked me in the eye and said "Science."

I was kinda disappointed that we didn't have first period together. I guessed he noticed that something was wrong cause he asked me "Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

"Everything is great. It was just that we don't have first period together."

"Oh. Shit. I'm going to be late to class."

"Sorry if I made you late. You science class ia through those doors and take a left and up those stairs."

"Thanks. I hope to see you again"

He quickly made his way to the door.

I yelled "I didn't catch you name" before he got to the doors.

"The name's Zayn," and with that he left.

Zayn, that name suited him very well. I hope I get a class with him.

I quickly changed into my gym clothes and made my way to gym. Today was just a freeday since its the first day of school. I decided to sit down on a bench. Then I started thinking about Zayn. The entire time I was in gym, I couldn't get Zayn out of my head. I was snapped out of my thoughts by the bell. I quickly changed back into my school clothes and made my way to second period.

[Zayn]

I made it to class with a few seconds to spare. I made my way to the back of the room so I can think. I took my blue notebook. That kid's eyes were blue as well. I loved his accent and just hearing his voice makes everyone smile. I couldn't stop thinking of that kid. I did not even get his name.

My thoughts were interrupted by the teacher. "Attention everyone. I want you guys to meet the principal's son, Scott. Scott why don't you sit next to Zayn." The teacher was pointing in my direction.

Scott is the principal's son. If I become good friends with him then he get his dad to let me off the hook when I get in trouble.

Scott slowly made his way to me. When he finally made it to his seat, he put on some headphones and ignored the world. I guess I can become his friend another time.

Mrs. Lily started to talk about what we were going to learn this year. I completely zoned out. I kept on thinking of that kid that helped me earlier.

There was only ten minutes of class left and I still could not stop thinking about that kid. I want to get to know him better. I hope we have a class or lunch together.

Class went by really fast. The next thing I knew was that the bell rung and everyone got up and left.

I got up and made my way to the door when Scott said "Can I walk with you to your next class? It's okay if you don't want me to. Its just that I have no friends."

I felt sad for this kid. He was the principal's son. I suspected him to be a very popular guy. I responded with a sure. I guess I can cross make friends with the principal's son off my list. Next on my list is to become friends with that kid.

Scott asked "What's your next class? My next class is Pyschology."

"I have English next. We can still walk together if you like. I still don't know the school very well."

"I'll help you find your way to your next class. The English classes are on the other side of school. My class is downstairs. Follow me I'll walk you to your next class."

We started to walk together to my next class. The entire walk were getting to know each other better. Scott seems like an interesting guy. We made it to my class and we said our goodbyes.

I went to the back of the class and I started to wonder if I will ever see that kid.