Epilogue

Chapter 25 / Epilogue

A Year Without Zayn

[Niall]

It has been exactly one year since Zayn left. Life has not really gotten any better. I still miss him so much.

I am at his house. I guess I can say it was his house. Apparently, they still own the house since the house was never for sell. I have been visiting his house everyday since a few months ago.

Sometimes the guys and I come here and just hang out. We all sit down and talk about the good, old memories when Zayn was still here. Other times we talk about the memories we shared before Zayn was here.

This is one of the few things that I have left to remind me of Zayn. Liam gave me Zayn's phone as another reminder. Zayn's screensaver was a picture of us at the park.

We all want him to come back. It is kinda funny how he just moved here and then had to move back to wherever.

I wish we knew where he was. I just want to say I am sorry to him. I didn't even get a chance to say that to him and I might never will.

Anyways a lot of things have happened in the year that Zayn left. The guys and I finished high school. Which is amazing because I hate that school. A lot of bad memories happened there and some really good memories.

Right now we are on vacation. We will be starting college in a few months. We are all going to the same college. I wonder what college Zayn is going to.

It be great if he went to the same college as us. We would be reunited once again.

Liam and Louis have been doing great. Their relationship started off rough but now everything is fine. Actually, everything is great for them. They started off with a lot fights but they always got through it. I am so happy for them.

Liam is a romantic person. He took Louis on a picnic under the full moon for their six-month anniversary.

They are so lucky. I didn't get to have an anniversary date with Zayn. We tried to have one but it did not turn out great. Since Josh had to interfere like always making that date a disaster.

Plus I kissed Josh during our anniversary. That day was not a good one for the both of us. I cheated on him with my ex-boyfriend and he got kidnapped.

Harry has been doing great. He still has not found anyone. Which in a way it is good because I will not be the only single person in our group.

Our group is only four people. Occasionally five when Danielle stops by. Louis finally forgave Danielle and now they are actually really good friends.

I noticed something odd with Liam. He leaves to go to Ireland every two months for something. He stays there for a week and comes right back.

I ask Louis what he does over there. Louis just responds with he is doing business but I don't believe him. Whenever he comes back, he always looks kinda happy but sad at the same time. He gives me a look that says sorry.

Why would he be sorry? He isn't doing anything that would hurt me. He would never hurt me so he should not be sorry.

He always gives me a smile telling me that everything will get better. When he gives me that smile, I know he is hiding something. I want to know really badly but whenever I try to talk to Liam about it. All he does is ignore the subject at all costs and he tenses up.

It really hurts that my best friend is keeping something from me. I just want him to tell me. Is it something bad? I hope not.

Anyway life has been boring without him. The sun does not shine as much. It has been raining a lot. I guess the sky is upset that he left too. I let out a little chuckle. Who am I kidding? It rains quite a lot here in England.

I have been hanging out with Josh a lot more. He has been a great friend. He has been there when I start to cry about Zayn or when I just need someone to talk to. That use to be Liam's job but he is always hanging out with Louis.

Anyways I still can't believe that Josh and I are friends again. I know Josh has done a lot of bad things to me but everyone deserves a second chance. Josh has stopped threatening me because there is no point anymore. Zayn is gone now and we do not know if he is coming back.

Louis and Harry told me that I should be careful. I am being careful. I still do not trust him enough. I still have not forgiven him for all the pain he has caused me in the past.

I know that we are friends again but I just can't forgive him. Not yet at least. He is trying to earn my forgiveness. I will eventually forgive him.

Sometimes he tries to kiss me or hold me in his arms. I know he wants me to take him back but I just can't let him. I still love Zayn a lot and plus I can't go back to dating him. I can't date him not until I have forgiven him.

I will remain faithful to Zayn even though we are not together. I can only picture myself with Zayn. I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I love him so much.

Why did he leave me? I slam my hands down on the floor. The tears started to fall. Why did he fucking leave? Why? Why did I have to fuck everything up?

I wiped the tears from my eyes. I have to stop crying over him. It has been a year and I am still crying over him.

I am pathetic. I should stop crying about what happened the past and just worry about what is happening right now. I do not know if he is ever coming back but if he is I will be right here waiting for him.

No, I can't just wait for him. I need to move on. I have to let Zayn go. I need to accept that he may never come back. That is what I should do. I am letting Zayn go after an entire year filled with tears and pain. I am finally letting him go.

I get up from the floor. I grab the doorknob. I open the door and turn around to see his house one last time. I will never come back to this place ever again. I close the door to his house leaving all my memories behind.

I know one day I will have to open that door again but I do not have to worry about that for some time. I looked up and saw the sun shining so bright. A smile made its way to my face for the first time since Zayn left. I can finally be happy once again.