Chapter 2- Too Late

Chapter 2 

Too Late

[Louis] 

"I can't believe that you convinced me to skip." Liam complained.

"We had to and plus nothing happens on the first day of school."

"Louis, it's already lunchtime, and school is halfway over. Niall is probably worried about us" Liam whined.

"Stop complaining Liam. We're here and that's all that matters."

We made it to the courtyard to have lunch. When we got there, I immediately spotted the familar blond haired boy standing next to a tree. 

I made my way to him leaving Liam standing there.

Niall had his back to me, so I decided to creep on him and scare him. I was only two steps behind when I yelled out "NIALL!" Niall jumped.

"You scared me Louis." Niall's breath was uneven. "Where have you been all morning?"

"You were so scared Niall and to answer your question I was with Liam." A smile made its way to my face when I said his name. I always liked Liam since I first laid eyes pn him. No one knows about my crush on him except Niall.

"Did you tell him yet?"

"Tell him what?" I was playing dumb. I knew he was talking about admitting my feelings to Liam. I knew Liam would never love me.

"You know what I mean. If you don't tell him, then I will." Niall stated.

"Niall please don't tell him. I'm just scared that he will reject me or hate me." I said very quietly.

"Louis he won't hate you. He might actually have feelings for you. You don't know until you go up to him and admit your feelings." Before I could have respond Liam interrupted.

"Niall and Louis" The way he said sent shivers down my spine. "I have someone for you to meet." I looked at Liam and he was holding some girl's hand. I felt my heart ache when I saw that.

"I want you to meet my girlfriend, Danielle." Liam said in a happy tone.

GIRLFRIEND ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.

Hearing that one word caused my heart to ache. I was at the verge of tears. I knew he would never love me. Then again who would ever love me.

Liam must have seen something wrong with me caused he said "Louis are you alright?"

"Yeah just thinking. I need to go to the bathroom. Nice to meet you Danielle." I quickly made my way to the bathroom.

When I got there, I couldn't stop the tears from falling down. I wiped the tears away with my sleeves, but they kept on falling.

I was so angry with myself. I should have admitted my feelings sooner, but now I am too late. I kept on crying. I heard someone enter the bathroom, so I quickly stopped crying and made my way to the door.

Before I could have left, someone put their hands on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a guy. He had green eyes and he had a lot curls. He was wearing a green shirt and some worn out jeans.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I looked up at his eyes and saw concern in his eyes.

"Not really." I started to cry again. He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back. I could not stop crying. He patted my back. I felt safe in his arms.

"You want to tell me whats wrong. It's okay if ypu do not what to." He asked with worried in his voice.

"A guy that I like just told me that he had a girlfriend." I opened my eyes wide and realized that I just told him that I was gay.

"It's okay. Everything will be alright." He said.

"You don't hate me for being gay." I asked.

"Of course not. If it makes you feel better, I'm bi."

"Thanks for cheering me up. By the way what's your name? Mine is Louis."

"You are welcome. My name is Harry. Well then Louis why don't we get out of here and have fun.

"What kind of fun?" I said with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Tag you're it." Before I could have registered what was going on he left. I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship. With that I left the bathroom and chased after him.

[Liam] 

After Louis left, Danielle decided to go get lunch for the two of us. I felt like he didn't like Danielle and he felt hurt after I introduced her as my girlfriend.

"Niall is something wrong with Louis?" I spoke worriedly.

"Louis just has a lot of things in his mind." Why do I feel like Niall is hiding something. I decided to just leave at that.

"Oh okay." Danielle came back with a tray of food.

"Thanks Danielle."

"You're welcome. Liam I am really sorry to do this but I have to go back home. Something happened at home and I have to go.

"It's okay Danielle. I understand. Can I get a goodbye kiss before you leave?"

"Of course. You are my boyfriend."

She gave me a peck on the lips and said "Sorry, I really have to go," and left.

"Awe" Niall said.

"It was just a small kiss."

"You two look really cute together." Niall said with a smile on his face.

"Thanks Niall. Let's get to class."

"Okay. Liam do you know the new kid?" Niall asked.

"Who's the new kid?"

"His name is Zayn."

"Zayn... nope doesn't ring a bell. Sorry mate."

"It's okay." Niall frowned."Anyway let's get to class."

I wonder who Zayn is and why did it seem like he was very important to Niall.