thrty fv : jl th lmp f cl

I feel like all these chapters were short and I don't like that

Writing this at 6am btw because I can't sleep

-

Luke sat in the foyer of the police station, he didn't want to go inside and have to confront all of his colleagues. He had a handcuff on his right hand, the other end connected to the radiator beside him--it was precaution due to the nature of Luke's confession.

He was giving himself in.

When a door finally opened, Luke looked up to see Michaels dad and his heart broke a little bit.

"Luke." He said, walking towards his son in law and undoing his cuff from the radiator. "Stand up." He ordered. Luke did as told and let Daryl cuff both his wrists.

Then Luke was being taken through the pre-saint to the interrogation rooms. People stared at him as they passed. People who he worked with daily, who he caught killers and rapists and paedophiles with. Now Luke was becoming one of the people they put away.

The door opened and Daryl told Luke to sit, he did so quietly. His father in law uncuffed one cuff again, before looping the metal around the curve on the table and then attaching it back to Luke's wrist. "I'll be back in a moment with some papers."

Luke nodded and licked his lips, watching Mr Clifford leave the room, the door shutting behind him.

Before coming to the station to confessed his crimes, he had gone to his parents and said goodbye, they didn't know why but they soon would. Luke had stayed in a hotel for one night, to sort out his plan and then he'd said goodbye and left.

He didn't even get to say goodbye to his children.

The door opened again and Daryl came back in with a piece of white paper and a black pen. "What are the crimes you are committing to?" He asked Luke, professionally. Like Luke wasn't his sons husband, the love of his fucking life.

"Murder." Luke said quietly.

Daryl nodded before he uncuffed Luke's wrist, cuffing that to the table instead.

"How many?" Mr Clifford asked.

"Forty six." Luke whispered, looking down at the blank piece of paper. "They were rapists, except the last two."

"They were what then?"

"An innocent man on the street and--and Ashton."

Luke looked up in to the eyes of the man he'd respected for years, and he saw the disappointment and disgust. "I didn't mean to."

"I don't wanna hear it Luke, start writing your confession. Start with your name, birth date and the date of today."

Luke began to write his confession, re-reading his writing and he couldn't help the self hatred and disgust as he wrote Ashton's name.

Ashton Hemmings.

He killed his family.

Suddenly the door burst open to the room and Luke caught the familiar green eyes of Michael and he sat back in his seat. Daryl stood up and pushed Michael back as he tried to get at Luke.

"What did you do?!" Michael screamed, "Why?! Why Ashton?"

Luke looked down, "I'm sorry." He said. "For A-Ashton, and for leaving."

Michael sobbed, looking at Luke and crying. He relaxed in his fathers hold, "What about Carson and Madi? We were gonna have more kids, I just came back from the doctors, I'm pregnant."

"I'm sorry," Luke said, wanting to cry at the thought of another member of their family being added. "You should probably get rid of it before it grows up to turn out like me."

Michael gasped at Luke's words, "Luke that's uncalled for!" Daryl yelled before he let Michael push past him and towards Luke, slapping him across his stupidly perfect face.

"I hate you, Luke Hemmings." Michael sobbed again, before leaving the room.

Daryl left with Michael, letting the blond finish his confession. When he was done, he sat there silently at the table and thought over the events of yesterday. It was meant to go so smoothly, leave and never come back, let his boys move on. But it ended in Luke snapping and suffocating his husband with his own hands.

Ashton was dead, and it was all Luke's fault.

Daryl came in a few minutes later with another colleague. The police office took the confession while Michaels dad uncuffed Luke before putting his hands behind his back.

"Luke Hemmings." Mr Clifford started, "I'm arresting you on the suspicion of murder on forty six accounts. You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence. You'll be taken to detainment until further questioning. If you need a lawyer, and cannot afford one, one will be given to you."

Luke felt and heard the final click to the handcuffs against his wrists, and he stood up.

Luke sighed, before he was being led out of the room by his father in law and co-worker. Everyone stared now, every single person in the department.

No one would have expected the Hemmings boy to be such a cold blooded killer. But looks can be deceiving.

Luke was taken to the jail cells and uncuffed before he sat down. Mr Clifford looked at Luke as he locked the door to the cell. "I don't know what made you do it Luke, but God have mercy on your soul."

Luke kept quiet as he walked away before he lay down on the small bed.

Jail was where he belonged.

He knew the murders of the rapists we're justifiable, but Ashton's wasn't.

Ashton was a saint compared to the others, compared to Luke. Luke didn't deserve someone like Ashton in his life. And he deserved for Calum and Michael to hate him. He'd killed their husband, one of the love of their lives. He couldn't make up for that and he couldn't bring Ashton back and he couldn't apologise enough to make them forgive him.

Luke closed his eyes and sighed, he deserved to go to hell. He deserved prison and he deserved everything he got coming to him.

"I'm sorry." Luke whispered, mainly hoping that Ashton was there and listening. "I never meant to."

And Luke regretted everything he'd ever done.

-

*coughs* 3 more chapters + epilogue

this ending is vv sad but how else am I suppose to end a serial killer!luke fic?