plg

killers is over, goodbye my small piece of art

-

It was Christmas Day and Michael and Calum had the kids and grandkids over. It was a few months after Luke had left them again and they were a little sad after hearing the news but they knew it would happen when he left.

They guess the guilt got to him.

They couldn't stop Luke from leaving because it was his decision and honestly over the thirty years of prison visits getting further and further apart and shorter and shorter, they fell out of love with him. They loved him, they just weren't in love with him anymore.

Ellis sat on Calum's lap, playing with his new toy, "where is granddad Luke?" He asked Calum, tilting his head up.

"He had to go away baby, I'm sorry." Calum smiled softly. "How about you go play with your sister?"

Ellis nodded and got off his lap, going to find his sister outside. Calum leaned back on the sofa, leaning in to Michael. "Why do children ask so many questions?" He asked his husband.

"It's his question everything phase," Michael sighed. "You know how kids are Cal."

"I hated it when Car asked about Ashton and Luke. It killed me," he frowned, turning around slightly to cuddle in to Michael more. "Is it bad I understand why Luke ran away and killed himself?"

Michael shook his head, "I do too."

"Is it also bad I feel like I've moved on from Luke?" Calum mumbled.

"It's not. It's okay," Michael said, "Thirty years of prison visits do something to a person. He's a different person to who we fell in love with when we were fifteen and sixteen."

Calum nodded, "when the kids go home can we have sex and pretend Luke and Ashton never existed and it's been just us two forever."

"It's been us two for thirty years, I sort of forgot about Ashton sometimes, which sounds extremely mean of me," Michael sight, "but yeah we can if you like."

"Do you think they'd want us happy? To forget them? To move on?" Calum moved his head up to see Michaels face, his nose touching mikes cheek.

"I think so." Michael said, running his hand over Calum's thigh softly. "I love you." He looked right at Calum and said it and he meant it.

"I love you too." Calum replied, moving forward and kissing Michael on the lips softly. "Even if you're old and going bald."

"I am not bald, I'll never be bald." Michael glared at his husband. "You'll go bald soon and you'll feel the same."

"Ashton would've hated the thought of being bald," Calum laughed softly. He could imagine Ashton complaining, he'd get a hair transplant or a wig.

"Luke would've told him to suck it up." Michael smiled, "don't die next okay?"

Calum nodded, "we're dying together when we're old and in a home because the kids can't stand us."

Michael smiled, kissing Cals forehead. "Deal?"

"Deal."

"I love you Calum Clifford."

"I love you too Michael Clifford."

-

Just a short epilogue because I wanted to show malum are ok and happy and can I just say, they're allowed to move on and be happy alone together and forget Luke and Ashton because essentially Luke ruined their lives to an extent and Luke killed himself because he couldnt look at his children who were part Ashton and his boys and be happy and he felt like he was intruding in the perfect lives because he was gone 30 years and they had a routine and Luke suddenly came home and they all knew it felt weird and different and his kids barely even knew Luke either so

just don't say you hate me for my ending of this book I got the same for teach me and other books too and Kris got it for roommates and it was rude of some people to say they hate you for the ending

Words hurt ok, I'm a sensitive shït with a heart and this is only fiction, so don't flip shit because it ended differently to how you would've liked

Now to those who were nice, ily and you mean a lot to me enjoy your day/night xx