thrty svn : nn tgr

please keep commenting 2!more chapters + epilogue

-

Michael and Calum sat opposite Luke at the table in the prison. Luke had been there for four months now and his boys had come every single weekend, with food treats or things from the kids and it made Luke miss home more and more each time.

Ashton's funeral had happened and lots of people had turned up, family, college friends, extended family along with the media who kept asking questions about Luke and how they felt about him behind bars.

"So Ashton's parents took Madi." Michael said, tapping his fingers across his flat tummy. Their baby girl, Lucy, was at home with Emily.

Luke frowned at the words, "why? She's mine."

"She has no biological parents left, so they took her," Calum said, taking Michaels hand.

"But I'm not dead." Luke said. "They can't just take her."

"Well they did." Calum sighed. "Carson misses you."

"I know he does." Luke frowned, "how's Lucy?"

"She's good." Michael smiled, "she's got your blue eyes and your hair."

Luke stared at Michael with a soft smile before he looked down at the table and rubbed his face with his hands. His eyes filled with tears, "I'm sorry." He said, sniffling.

Michael sighed and handed Luke a tissue.

Almost every week Luke would breakdown and apologise for what he did.

Michael and Calum were use to it now.

"I ruined your lives, if it weren't for me you would still have Ashton and--"

"If we never dated you, we wouldn't have Carson and Madi or Lucy either." Calum soothed, taking Luke's hand and kissing it. "Stop blaming yourself."

"They're giving me meds here and they're making me talk to a therapist." Luke said. "I'm scared it won't work and when I come home I'll still be just as bad." He cried, wiping his eyes before he sniffled, looking at the wedding ring on his finger and the matching one on Calum's.

Luke let his hand go before he took off the wedding ring and put it on the table.

"I don't deserve you two." Luke said before he stood up. "Don't come visit me again, alright?" He looked them both in the eyes and he saw the shock before he walked away to the door that lead to the prison.

A guard let Luke out and escorted Luke back to his cell, "that was a bit harsh." The guard said and Luke looked at his name tag seeing the name Richard and then looked at his face.

"They don't need someone like me in their lives, I already killed one of their husbands with my own hands, I won't be responsible for another." Luke said.

"They'll give up eventually, kid." Richard said, opening the cell door for Luke before closing it behind him when he was in. "Then you will be alone in here forever."

"I deserve it." Luke breathed, sitting down.

Richard walked away leaving Luke alone. He lay back on the uncomfortable bed and sighed, he deserved to be alone after Ashton.

***

"Hemmings someone's in the visitors lounge for you." Richard announced one morning after Luke had showered. His hair was kinda wet and he was wearing a clean jumpsuit.

"Who?"

"Your mother."

Luke stood up and nodded, being escorted to the visitors place and he saw his mum sitting there. It was the first time Liz had come to see Luke, mainly because his dad didn't want to speak to a murderer and his brothers didn't either.

Luke smiled before he went in for a hug only for her to send a slap to Luke's face.

Luke frowned, holding his cheek before he sat down. Liz sat down across from him and sighed. "why?"

"I didn't mean to hurt As--"

"Not that." She said, "Michael and Calum are going through hell, they're struggling with money and the kids and they miss you and Ashton and Madi."

Luke frowned, "I didn't want to burden them any longer, I'm the reason for all of those problems."

"Well I tried getting Madi back through the courts but they won't allow it because of what happened with Ashton and you." Liz said making Luke lean his head in his palm and sighing. Liz moved forward and grabbed Luke's hand making him frown again and squeeze her hand back. "I love you Luke."

"I love you too." Luke teared up before he shook his head, wiping his tears.

"Carson misses you like crazy and he wants to see you." Luke's mum said, "And one day Lucy will too."

Luke shook his head, "They don't deserve a shit dad who's in prison."

"Luke they deserve a family and you are apart of that family. Now, I'm going to keep trying to get Madi back to Calum and Michael and her siblings."

"You can try all you want but I won't be there to help." Luke said, before he glanced back at Richard who tapped his watch. "I need to go soon."

Liz nodded before she grabbed her purse and took out a box, "I made you cookies." She grinned and Luke's eyes lit up. "The ones you use to love as a kid and I brought a letter from Carson."

Luke smiled, taking the letter as Liz opened the box of cookies, they had to be checked over before coming in to the prison. Luke opened the envelope before he pulled out a piece of paper. On the paper was a drawing of his family including Ashton and Luke knew Carson drew it because he always loved drawing, and he wrote a short note saying he loved and missed his dad along with saying he couldn't wait to see him.

Liz handed Luke a cookie and he took it, taking a bite in to it. He smiled before taking out something else from the envelope. He smiled at the sight of an old photo of Ashton and Luke along with Michael and Calum. "This was from high school." He said, brushing his thumb across Ashton's face on the photo.

"Cal wanted me to give it you." Liz smiled before she took something else out of her purse.

Luke looked down at the table as his mum put his wedding ring on the table. He picked it up before a guard came over and Luke looked up to see Richard. "Can I keep it?" Luke asked.

Richard picked it up before he saw the engraving of forever and always with the initials of Luke's boys initials "Yeah, you can keep it." He gave it back and Luke slid it back on to his ring finger before he thanked Richard. "Your times up, kid."

Luke stood up and hugged his mum before kissing her cheek, "Tell them to bring the kids next time." Luke whispered making Liz grin. "I love you mum."

"I love you too honey."

Once back in his cell, Luke stuck his kids drawing on the wall by the others and put his photograph nearer to his bed so he could see it when he fell asleep.

Luke lay down on the bed and looked at the photo and looking at how young they use to be, how innocent and in love they were, before George and before Luke became what he was.

When they weren't killers.

-

I cried a little oh my

I'll double update and then we'll be finished. Then we'll do the epilogue and it's over :))