Chapter Six

Chloe had gone for her operation. Max had asked Eddie to come and get Emily as they had no idea how long Chloe would be out for. Max knew that when his baby had been born that she would be ill as she was four months premature.

Max sat in the waiting room. He didn't know the time when the door opened and his daughter was wheeled out in an incubator. "Is she alright?"
"She's weak Mr Tyler. We have to get her to Neo Natal immediately," the nurse said.

Chloe came out of surgery. She was taken back to her room. Max followed her. Max sat down at her bedside. The doctor walked in. "How's my daughter?" He asked.
"Your daughter is very ill Mr Tyler. She's not as strong as we'd like her to be. Its highly likely she won't last the night."
"Thank you Doctor."
Max held Chloe's hand and kissed it. "Wake up. Our daughter needs you," he said.

Taitlyn had delivered her son. She smiled as he screamed his way into the world. "He's perfect," she mumbled.
"Yeah."
Mike and Taitlyn kissed passionately. They hadn't decided on a name yet.

*The Next Day*

Chloe had woken up. She was in agony. Max walked in. "You're awake."
"Ow, yeah."
Max walked over and kissed her. "You okay?"
"Stomach kills. Where's the baby?" Chloe asked.
Max sighed. "She's ill Chloe. Very ill. She's lucky to have survived the night," Max said. He wasn't going to lie to Chloe.
"Can I see her?" Chloe asked.
Max nodded and he got a nurse. They put Chloe in a wheelchair and Max wheeled her to the unit.

Taitlyn was allowed out. Mike had stayed with them. Tom hadn't visited.
"My parents hate me," Taitlyn mumbled.
"They don't. They need time. Stay with me until then. You and Luke," Mike said.

Taitlyn and Mike got Luke. She grabbed Luke and kissed his head. Mike was still in his army stuff.
"I love you," Mike said.
"I love you too baby," Taitlyn said. They walked out and saw Chloe being wheeled down the corridor by Max.
"Max stop!" Chloe said. Max stopped beside Taitlyn and Mike. "You were pregnant?" Chloe asked.
"Yeah, this is my son, Luke."
Chloe smiled faintly. "Congrats sweetie."

Taitlyn noticed Chloe and Max heading to the Neo Natal unit. "Oh my gosh, you've had Madison?" Taitlyn asked.
"Yeah. She's not very well though. They don't think she'll make it," Chloe mumbled.
"I'm sorry Coco."

Emily was crying. She needed her mummy to be okay. Isla came and sat by her. "Don't cry. Mummy will be okay."
"Really?"
Isla nodded. "Yeah."
"When is Aubree back?" Emily asked her older sister.
"Tonight. Grandad has gone to fetch her," Isla said.

Chloe and Max were looking at their sleeping baby daughter. She looked so vulnerable."Is this my fault?" Chloe asked.
"No baby, you were ill. You needed the operation or I would have lost you both," Max said.
Chloe wiped her eyes. "She's the spitting image of Aubree."
"Yeah."

Max held Chloe as they watched their poorly daughter sleeping. They had no idea how much their marriage would be tested. They didn't even know if they could survive any more damage.