Chapter Fourty-One

Aubree didn't want to give Arielle up. She knew however that the adoptive parents wouldn't be happy with her messing them about. Especially when they were friends of her dad.

It was hard looking after Arielle knowing she had to give her up the minute the adoptive parents arrived to collect her.

That morning, Chloe woke in bed next to Max and cuddled into him. "I don't want to wake up," she mumbled.
"I know gorgeous. If I could I'd let you stay in bed all day," Max said.
"We could stay in bed you know. The school doesn't need you everyday," Chloe told him.
"I wish."
Chloe pouted when Max got out of bed. She tried to pull him back into bed. "Chloe, I have to go."
"No. Stay with me. Please."

Reluctantly, Max called into school and said he and Chloe would be running late. She pulled him back onto the bed and cuddled into him. "I do love you Max."
"I know. I love you too," Max said. He kissed her neck and she cuddled into him. "Forever cuddling into me aren't you?"
Chloe nodded. "You're keeping me warm."

X-X-X
Aubree went downstairs with Arielle. Tom was asleep on the sofa. She put Arielle in the moses basket and sighed. "You'll be going soon sweetie. Mummy will miss you so much," Aubree whispered.
"We can keep her you know," Tom said. He had woken up. He picked up Arielle and she cuddled into him.
"She knows you're her daddy."

X-X-X
Chloe and Max came down ready for work. Chloe smiled at Aubree with her baby. "Hey sweetie. You alright?" She asked.
"I'm fine mummy. I just want to enjoy my time with Ari before she goes," Aubree said. She kissed her baby's nose.
Chloe smiled. "Well, your dad and I are going to the school but I can stay here with you."
Aubree shook her head. "Don't worry. I'll be fine."

X-X-X
Chloe and Max arrived at school. "She'll be alright Chloe. She's like you. She's tough," Max said.
"I never had to give a baby up for adoption. I can't even compare my situation to hers," Chloe told him. She wasn't too sure on how Aubree would deal with this situation.
Max sighed and kissed her head. "Everything will be fine. Aubree's not being selfish. She knows that the parents will be here soon."
"Yeah. Right."

X-X-X
Aubree was sitting with Arielle. Tom was making breakfast. He wanted to be with Aubree so badly that he was going to leave Charlotte and convince Aubree to leave Mark. "Here's a bacon sandwich," Tom said as he handed Aubree a plate.
"Thanks Tom. Do you want to hold her?" Aubree asked.
Tom nodded and took his new baby daughter from Aubree. "She's gorgeous isn't she?"
"Yeah. I-I hope you don't mind. I put your name on her birth certificate," Aubree said.
Tom smiled. "That's made my whole day."
"Good."

X-X-X
Chloe was thinking about Aubree. "Are you alright?" Isla asked.
"Yeah sweetie. Just thinking about Bee," Chloe told her.
Isla sighed. "Call me horrid but I think Aubree is being selfish by giving her baby away. She loves her so much."
Chloe smiled slightly. "What Bee is doing is something amazing. She's giving two people who can't have a baby her gorgeous little girl."
"Its still selfish! I get that Aubree is hurt about what happened between her and Tom but she needs to think of her baby," Isla said.
"Isla, Aubree is doing this for her baby. She wants her to have a better life," Chloe told her daughter.

X-X-X
Aubree and Tom were cuddling. They had Arielle between them. "I'm leaving Charlotte for you," Tom said.
Aubree looked at him. "You can't do that. You love her too much," she told him.
"I love you more. You're everything to me," Tom said.
Aubree shook her head. "No Tom. Don't do this to me."

X-X-X
Chloe went to see Max. She found him in the office. "Isla has a problem with Arielle being adopted," Chloe said.
"It was bound to happen. Isla has always been opinionated," Max replied. He pulled Chloe onto his lap.
"A bit like you. You're always voicing your opinions," Chloe teased. She kissed his neck passionately. "I love you."
"Love you as well."

X-X-X
Tom needed to convince Aubree that he loved her. He wasn't giving up on being with her. He wanted her. "Aubree, give this a go. You and I. We have a bond for life. We have Arielle," Tom said.
"I can't. I have Mark and you have auntie Charlotte. I'm not ruining lives," Aubree said. She wanted to be with him but didn't want anyone being hurt.
"We do it in secret then. We meet up with each other when we can. We go to Hotel's."
Aubree found herself agreeing.

X-X-X
Chloe and Max went to find Isla. They needed to talk to her as they knew that Isla would end up arguing with Aubree. Max knocked on the door of Isla's class. "I need a word with Isla."

Isla came outside and saw her parents. "What's this about?" She asked.
Chloe smiled. "We know you don't agree with Aubree giving Arielle away but she's doing what's best for herself and her baby," she said.
"I don't agree at all! A baby deserves to know its real parents. I get that Aubree and Tom was weird but they made Arielle and she deserves to be with her parents," Isla ranted. She wasn't happy at all with Aubree's choice.
Max sighed. "Well this isn't your choice Isla. Think about how hard this is for Aubree. She needs our support," he told his daughter.
Isla scoffed. "She doesn't get my support. She made the choice to have unprotected sex therefore she has to deal with her actions."

Chloe was shocked at how Isla was acting. "Stop it now Isla. You're being selfish. Aubree loves you so much but you're not supporting your sister," she said.
"I'm not being selfish. Its my opinion! I'm entitled to it," Isla yelled.
"Don't raise your voice to your mother," Max warned.
"Whatever!"
Isla stormed back into class. Chloe looked at Max. "She's going to end up saying something to Aubree."

X-X-X
Aubree and Tom were kissing. Aubree knew it was wrong but she hardly saw Mark anymore. She wanted the thrill of being with someone new. She just had to hope that no one would find out. She could keep the secret. Couldn't she?