Chapter Thirty-One

Max woke to Chloe kissing his torso. They were so much in love. "You enjoying that?"
"Mm-hmm. I'm with you aren't I? So yes, I'm enjoying it," Chloe said.
Max smirked as Chloe straddled him. "Max, why do you have to be handsome?"
"Why are you gorgeous?" He asked her. He flipped them over and smirked. "Oops."

Taitlyn woke to Tom standing beside the bed. Mike took him to the bathroom. Taitlyn was struggling with her daddy being ill. She loved him too much.

Mike came in. "He's back in bed."
Taitlyn nodded and wiped away the tears on her cheeks.
"What's wrong?" Mike asked.
"I'm struggling. I hate to see him like this," Taitlyn mumbled. Mike held her.
Chloe went to the bathroom. She hated how she was going through hell at the moment but everyone seemed more focused on Tom. "Babe?"
"Go away."
"What's wrong?"
Chloe shook her head. She ignored Max and climbed back into bed. "Chloe."
"Why is it never me? I went through hell because of Tom but everyone seems more intent on making sure he's okay! What about me? When is someone going to be there for me?!" Chloe yelled.
Max was about to speak when Rosie woke up screaming. "Well done Chloe. Some mum you are. She doesn't usually wake for another hour," Max said
"I know you hate me!"
"No Chloe! I hate the way you are acting. Everyone was there for you. Everyone still is. There's a fifteen year old girl looking after her mentally ill father! On her own! No one is willing to help her!" Max yelled. He stormed out and took Rosie. He calmed her down and went downstairs to get breakfast and give her her bottle before he went to get paperwork off his desk in the office. School was closed today.

Max left with Rosie. Rosie fell asleep on the way home. He brought in Rosie and all the paperwork. Chloe was sitting on the sofa with Aubree.
"Max I'm sorry," Chloe said. Max handed Rosie to Chloe. Max put down his paperwork on the coffee table. He spotted an envelope with just 'Max' on it. He opened it and gasped at what was in it. Mike and Taitlyn had left the school.
"What is it?" Chloe asked.
"Nothing," Max mumbled.
"Tell me."
Max shook his head. "Chloe, no."
"I tell you I'm sorry and you're acting like this with me?"
Max ignored Chloe. He went into his study and read the letter.

Aubree was cuddling with her mum and Rosie. "Why is daddy being funny?"
"Because I upset him. I always upset him," Chloe said.
"That's not true mummy."
Rosie crawled on to Aubree's lap and played with her top. Chloe held her two girls close.

Max rang Mike to see if him and Taitlyn were in. They were. Max grabbed his coat and went to visit them.

When Mike let him inside, he seen Taitlyn feeding Tom while he was distracted by something else. Max felt his heart break.
"Why are you two leaving the school? You're a teacher and Taitlyn has no qualifications," Max said.
"She wants to look after Tom. No one else is helping her. So I'm leaving too," Mike said.
"Will you let me talk you two out of it?" Max asked. Mike shook his head. He picked up Luke.
"I'm sorry Max, but we can't stay at Waterloo Road any longer," Mike said. Max left and went back home.
Chloe sat with Rosie while Aubree went for a lie down. "Do you love mummy?"
"Eh!"
Chloe smiled. She got Rosie to have a nap and she went into Max's home office. She saw the letter and sighed. "Its Tom once again," she mumbled.

Chloe got the kids. "Where we going?" Emily asked.
"We're going away for a bit. Daddy needs to focus on other things," Chloe said.
Aubree realised they were going back to Scotland. She still had the keys to the old house.

Max returned home and saw a note from Chloe -
'Me and the kids are going,
See you whenever
X'
Max swore and drove to Scotland. He wasn't stupid. As he was driving he seen Chloe's car at the service station. He pulled over and stormed over to her.
"You're taking my kids from me!" Max spat.
"Why shouldn't I? You're never there for us. Tom this and Tom that!" Chloe said.
"Scarlett has just recovered from cancer and you're taking her away from home. She could get sick again," Max said.
"You're too interested in Tom!"
"I am not! Taitlyn and Mike are going away for good. Tom can't even feed himself anymore. Taitlyn is doing it!" Max yelled. Aubree heard everything. "If you don't want to help out a fifteen year old girl that's fine. I gave them money to help him. Tom didn't have a clue what he was doing to you. You still hate him for it. I get it. But don't you dare take it out on me!"
"I'm pregnant!" Chloe screamed.
Max was shocked. Chloe got in the car and she sped off. Max didn't have time to react. "Damn it Chloe!"

Aubree wasn't listening to anything that anyone had said. She was shaking. She hated her parents rowing.

Chloe sped to the motorway. "Yay mummy going fast!" Scarlett yelled.
"Yeah sweetie."
"WooHoo!"
"Stop the car or I open the door and jump!" Aubree yelled. Chloe pulled over. Aubree felt like she couldn't breathe. She got out of the car and took a panic attack. Chloe got out just as Max did. Max calmed Aubree down. Aubree cried into Max.
"Daddy, stop fighting with mummy," Aubree sobbed. Max looked at Chloe.
"See what's happened? You could have told me you were pregnant!" Max said to Chloe.
"You never listen. It's always about Tom."
"No it hasn't mummy! Daddy is trying to help Taitlyn care for her dad. Charlotte and Tom have filed for a divorce but it got cancelled after Tom was put in hospital. Charlotte hasn't spoke to Tom properly since but every night she rings me and asks how you are. Everyone cares about you! Tom ended up in the place because no one cared about him. He got bad thoughts and look what he did to me!" Aubree yelled.

Chloe was shocked at Aubree's outburst but she knew Aubree was right.
"Mummy, let's go back to Rochdale. I'll sort out this whole Tom business while you go to the hospital with daddy to check if you are pregnant. This is my fight not yours anymore mummy. Im the one who had sex with him and I'm pregnant from it," Aubree said. Aubree got into Max's car. Chloe got in and so did Max to their cars. They turned around and went back to Rochdale.

Aubree and her dad were talking. "Would you mind if I went to see Tom?"
"Aubree, don't."
"Sorry."

Chloe wasn't waiting for Max. She didn't want to be around him right now. "I'd like a quick pregnancy test please."
"Okay."
Chloe sat down and waited. She wasn't worried. She wanted there to be a baby.

Max ran to find Chloe going in.
"I'm her husband," Max said. Chloe sighed. The midwife took them both in for the test.

Aubree let Charlotte over.
"Can you mind my siblings?" Aubree asked.
"Sure honey."
Aubree went to Taitlyn and Mike's house.

Mike let Aubree in. Luke was sleeping on the sofa. Mike lifted up and took him upstairs to bed. Taitlyn was playing with Tom - a pack of snap cards. They were Luke's.
"Hey Bee," Taitlyn said.
"Hey Tails," she replied. Mike came downstairs and sat beside Aubree. Taitlyn put the cards away and Tom smiled at Aubree. Aubree gripped Mike's arm. She place a hand on her baby bump.
"Chloe! You're pregnant with baby Aubree," Tom said. Aubree felt her heart break for Tom.
"Daddy, that is Aubree," Taitlyn said. Tom began to get confused. Taitlyn held his hand to calm him down.
"Sorry," Taitlyn mumbled. Taitlyn took Tom outside for some fresh air.

Aubree looked at Mike.
"Why didn't anyone tell me how bad he is?" Aubree asked.
"We haven't told anyone. Taitlyn's exhausted but she won't let anyone know about him. She's quit school and so have I to look after Tom. Taitlyn's pregnant again which isn't good for the baby either. Last night she cried because she hoped Tom would lash out at me if she told him, just so she knew he was back to his normal self," Mike mumbled. Aubree felt so bad.
"How did this happen to him?"
"He attempted suicide after realising what he did to you and Chloe. When he attempted he hit his head. They're trying to help him when we take him to the doctors and it's working slowly," Mike informed Aubree.
Chloe wasn't looking at Max. She was too hurt by him sticking up for Tom. " Mrs Tyler. Congratulations. You are pregnant."
"What?"
The nurse nodded. "Judging by this scan, you're four months."
Chloe was shocked. She didn't know what to do.

Aubree and Taitlyn were talking. "Your mum hates my dad," Taitlyn said.
"Can you blame her? She's heartbroken."
"I know."

Aubree and Taitlyn sat in silence.
"Mike says you're pregnant again," Aubree said. Taitlyn nodded.
"Five months... I don't think the baby will survive," Taitlyn admitted.
"Don't say that Tails!"
"I'm sorry. Maybe it's best if you go and see your mum again. I have to look after my dad and Luke," Taitlyn said.

They went back inside. Aubree grabbed Taitlyn's arms.
"You're killing your baby for that rapist!" Aubree yelled at Taitlyn.
"He didn't know what he was doing."
"Perfect excuse."
Tom went out. "Charlotte, I'm hungry."
"I'm Taitlyn. Your daughter."
"I hope Luke suffers for that," Aubree spat at Tom. Mike heard what she said.
"I'm taking you home now," Mike yelled at Aubree. He pulled her to the car and she got in. He drove her home. When he pulled up, Aubree tried to kiss him.
"What the hell?" Mike yelled.
"You don't want Taitlyn. Not with a rapist. She's a rapist's daughter."
"I love her!"
"She's willing to kill your child because of him!"
"Get out!" Mike spat. Aubree got out and stormed into the house. She bumped into her mum and dad.

Tom cried himself to sleep. Taitlyn tried not to cry as Tom and Luke slept on either side of her. Tom got so frustrated that he couldn't remember anything. He had thrown a vase and a bit cut Taitlyn's stomach. She had called the call-out doctor who had fixed it up for her.

Chloe was in tears. She didn't know who the father was. "Max, what am I gonna do?"
"It'll be fine baby."
"I don't know who the father is!" Chloe yelled.

Max held Chloe close. "This is what we do. We say the baby is mine. We deny everything."
"Really?"
Max nodded. "Yes. This is my child Chloe."

"Our child," Chloe said. Max kissed Chloe's head. Chloe cuddled into him. Aubree came in in tears.
"Honey what's wrong?" Chloe asked. Aubree broke down crying. chloe and Max took her to the living room.
"Tell us Bee," Max said.
Aubree knew she had to tell her parents.

Mike came back in and Taitlyn told him about the vase.
"I'm sorry," Taitlyn said.
"Don't be. It's going to be okay," Mike said. Taitlyn nodded.
"I'm a fifteen year old who's knocked up! How is that meant to be okay?" Taitlyn yelled. Mike moved Tom and Luke and took Taitlyn upstairs. She pushed Mike away and locked herself in the bathroom.

Chloe had her hand rested on her stomach. She needed to know the father. She knew there was a DNA test that she could take but it was harmful to the baby.

Aubree cuddled with Rosie. Rosie was incredibly loving and she would hug anybody.

Chloe went online to order the DNA test. She was trying not to cry.

Mike didn't know who to phone. He wanted to phone Max or Chloe or Aubree but he knew no one would care. I went downstairs and made dinner for Taitlyn and Tom. He packed up his stuff and Luke's. He pushed a note under the door and left with Luke.

Taitlyn spotted the note. She read it.
"I'm going. I cannot let you put Luke in danger anymore. I'm sorry
Mike
Xx"
Taitlyn broke down crying and screaming. She looked at the bleach and grabbed the bottle.

Chloe wanted to tell Taitlyn about it. She wanted to tell Charlotte. She knew she couldn't.
"Mummy, tails hates me and so does Mike," Aubree said from the door. Chloe ordered the test and held Aubree tightly.
"Why would they sweetie?"
"I did and said horrible things."

Tom was getting scared when he seen no one in the house. He tried to open the bathroom door.
"Charlotte?" Tom sobbed. He got frustrated thinking that was the wrong name. "Mummy?"
No answer. He cried and ran outside. He ran to the only house he could remember - Max and Chloe's.
Chloe was in the shower. Max walked in. "Listen, how about you go away for the weekend? Take Aubree with you?"
"Yeah? You paying?"
"Of course."

Tom arrived at the house. Aubree opened the door. "D-Daddy?!"
Max ran downstairs. He saw Tom. "What's wrong?"
"I-I can't remember where I am,' Tom said.

Tom broke down. Chloe ran down and seen him.
"What's wrong?" Chloe asked gently.
"Mummy won't open the bathroom door," Tom sobbed. Max realised what Tom meant and ran to Taitlyn's house.

Chloe took Tom into the living room. Aubree had told Chloe what had happened at the house.
"Is this my fault mummy?" Aubree asked.
"No sweetie. Something else must have triggered her. Mike and Luke aren't in the house. But don't worry. Your daddy will sort it," Chloe said. She had to accept the fact Tom was ill and they needed to help him every so often. Tom grabbed a piece of paper and made a boat out of it. He handed it to Chloe.
"That's beautiful," Chloe said. Tom somehow managed to make a butterfly out of another page and handed it to Aubree.

Max kicked down the door. He got to the house the same time as the paramedics did. They took Taitlyn to hospital and pumped out her stomach. Max seen the note on the floor. He folded it up and went back to the house. Tom would have to stay with them for the night. He didn't want to tell Chloe or Aubree.

When he got inside he seen Tom teaching Aubree and Chloe how to make stuff out of paper. They were laughing and smiling with Tom. Max called Chloe over to the doorway. He showed her the note.
"She's in hospital. Probably for the night. We'll need to keep Tom," Max said.
Chloe let some tears fall. "He's just like a kid again Max. How did this happen to him?"

"The bump on his head."
Chloe nodded. "We can't tell him about Bee's baby."
"We won't baby."

Aubree cuddled up with her mum. "Does Tom know?"
"No honey."
Aubree nodded. "Can we have chicken and chips with chocolate sauce?" Aubree asked.

Chloe laughed and nodded.
"Mummy, Tails is five months pregnant. What about the baby?" Aubree said. Chloe looked at Max.
"I'll ring up and see what's happened," Max said. Aubree nodded.
"Mummy I didn't want any of this to happen," Aubree said.
"I know."
"I want Tom and Tails back to normal," Aubree sobbed. Chloe held her tightly and ordered in a takeaway of chips and chicken.

Tom smelt the food and went to the kitchen. Chloe pulled him up a seat. Max pulled Chloe and Aubree outside.
"They had to do a C-Section. The baby is underdeveloped but is surviving. Taitlyn is fine," Max said.

Chloe nodded. "That's good."
"Yeah."
Max kissed her. "I love you gorgeous."
"I love you too."

Chloe wasn't going to tell Max that she was getting a DNA test. She knew he'd resent the idea. "Baby, I need you," Chloe said.
"Mm?"
"Yeah."
"I want your manliness," Chloe said.

Max smirked and she pulled Max to the bedroom.

Aubree sat with her siblings and Tom.
"Bee, when will Mummy be okay?" Tom asked.
"Soon Tom," Aubree said. Tom nodded and cuddled the pillow. Aubree felt sorry for him. She text Mike saying what had happened to Taitlyn. Mike said he was coming back.

Aubree rubbed her baby bump. Tom smiled.
"You having a baby?" Tom asked. Aubree nodded. "Where's the daddy?"
Aubree could think of only one thing to say. "He's left me."
"He's a jerk. You deserve better. If I was old enough I would help you look after it," Tom said. Aubree tried not to cry hearing what Tom said. He really didn't have a clue. Tom whined. Isla looked over.
"You need a pee pee?" Isla asked. Tom nodded. Isla took his hand and helped him get to the downstairs bathroom. Aubree grabbed the laptop and looked up ways to help people like Tom. She said there was a cure. She needed to reduce the swelling in his head and then he would be fine but not remember anything - except the things he remembered when his brain was swollen. Aubree didn't know if it was right to help Tom without Taitlyn saying so but she didn't want Taitlyn to ruin her life. Tom could be changed and this was the way to do it. She booked an appointment for him. Tom could be a good and nice man like he used to be.

Chloe and Max were doing it slowly. "Do you love me?" Chloe asked.
"What?"
Chloe sighed. "You heard. Do you love me?"
"Of course I do. You're my wife," Max said.
"Thanks."

Aubree went to get some toast. She was hungry again. "Dad, can I talk to you?" Aubree asked when she was upstairs.
"Hold on."
Aubree heard her parents moaning and groaned. "Ew."

Max came out in a dressing gown. He brought Aubree inside. Chloe pulled Aubree on to the bed with her. Aubree smiled and cuddled into her mum.
"I've made an appointment for Tom. It's in two hours. They can fix him," Aubree said.
"Bee you can't do that without telling and asking Taitlyn!" Chloe said.
"I don't know what to do. It's not fair on Taitlyn or Tom. When he's fixed he'll only remember what he's remembered at the minute. He won't remember about any of the bad things he's done. Isn't that what everyone wants? I want that for Tom," Aubree said.
"It's not that simple."
"Mike is bringing Luke back. He's agreed to go to the hospital with me," Aubree said.
"Then we will too," Max said. Chloe nodded.

Charlotte minded all the kids along with Eddie. Max, Mike, Chloe and Aubree took Tom to the hospital. Taitlyn was being signed out and went out of the ward as she seen them taking Tom into the brain and mental health ward.
"Don't take him!" Taitlyn yelled. She ran to Tom and pulled him away from them.
"Mummy! I knew you'd get better," Tom said.
"Yeah I did."
"Taitlyn we need to take him," Mike said. Taitlyn ignored him.
"Tails please. Your daddy needs to get better," Aubree said gently.
"He's my baby boy!" Taitlyn yelled. Chloe couldn't believe what Taitlyn had just said. Max went over to Taitlyn.
"Everything will be fine Taitlyn. I promise you."
Taitlyn smiled slightly. She didn't know weather she could believe it or not.

Chloe sat watching Max. She knew what she needed to do. It would be better for everyone. It needed to be done.