Chapter Thirty-Five

Chloe had ignored Max since he had accused her of drinking while pregnant. She knew she had been set up by someone but she couldn't think who. She had been making Max sleep in the spare bedroom.

That morning, Chloe woke and remembered she had a scan to check on the baby. She had to have weekly scans as she was at risk of losing the baby. She didn't want Max to go with her so she was going alone. Rosie toddled in. "M-Muma, d-dada no cothes," she mumbled.
"Okay sweetie."
Chloe held Rosie tightly and kissed her cheek. She wanted to bring Rosie with her.

Max woke and got dressed. He walked to Kim Campbell's house and banged on the door. She opened it.
"You set up my wife!" Max spat.
Kim laughed. "You believed the set up so its your own fault Chloe doesn't want you anymore. You're just a piece of shit."
Kim slammed the door in Max's face. Max started to believe what Kim had called him.
Chloe made breakfast when Max came in. "I'm sorry."
"Why?"
"I believe you when you were set up," Max said. He went over and kissed her passionately. "I'll be at the scan."
Chloe shook her head. "I'll go alone. Its better," she mumbled.

Max watched as Chloe left. He was going to the hospital. It was his baby and he had a right to know how it was. "Aubree, keep an eye on these kids," Max said.
"Sure daddy," Aubree said. Max kissed her cheek before leaving.

Max arrived at the scan as Chloe pushed Rosie in.
"Chloe!" Max called.
"Piss off," Chloe mumbled.
"Is this your husband?" the midwife asked. Chloe nodded. The midwife brought them all in.
"Chloe, you know you're at risk at losing the baby. Well, around the seventh month of pregnancy, you'll need to go onto bed rest," the nurse.
"Okay."
Max held Chloe's hand. She was terrified. "It'll be fine baby."

Chloe walked out with Rosie. She was terrified at the thought of losing her baby. "M-Muma, b-baby."
"Yeah. Mummy's having a baby," she mumbled.

Isla walked out the house. She was sick of being ignored due to Aubree.She walked over to someone. He was running and had dropped his phone out of his shorts. She picked it up.
"This is yours," Isla said. The man stopped and smiled.
"Thanks," he said. Isla looked older than what she was. She had an old face - she was thirteen but looked about sixteen. "I'm Josh."
"Isla."
"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he said. "My house is just down here. Want to come over?"
"Sure."

Isla followed him to his house. "I haven't you seen before," Isla said.
"I know. I'm new," Josh said. He liked Isla. "So, how old are you?"
"Sixteen," Isla lied.

Chloe went home and sighed. She didn't know why she was scared about losing the baby but she didn't want to. It was her little baby. She loved her already and she hadn't even met her yet.

Jayden crawled over to Chloe. Chloe lifted him up and held him. Max went upstairs.

Max went into the bathroom and grabbed his razor blades for his shaving. He cut his stomach so Chloe wouldn't know. He dried off the blood and went downstairs.

Isla and Josh were eating and drinking junk food and fizzy drinks. Josh kissed Isla and she kissed back. Josh pulled away but Isla pulled him back.
"How old are you?" she asked.
"Twenty," he replied.
Isla nodded. "Don't worry. I want this but I'm a virgin," she said.
"I'll be gentle with you."
"Thank you."

Chloe went to see Max. "I'm sorry baby. I was just scared about this scan," she said.
"Its fine."
Chloe began unbuttoning Max's shirt. She saw the cut. "Baby?"
"Don't."
Chloe stopped him from covering up. "No, babe don't do this."

Max held Chloe close. They were making out. "Promise me, you'll never harm again."
"I promise."
Chloe wanted to know why he did it. She didn't want to ask in case it set him off again.
"Max... Why did you do it?" Chloe asked. Max walked off. She looked at Emily and knew she could talk honestly with Max. Emily went after Max to find out for her mum.

Isla and Josh cuddled in bed. Isla grinned and kissed him.
"I think I love you," Josh said. Isla giggled.
"I think I love you too," she said. Josh smiled and held her close.
Emily found her dad. "Hi daddy."
"Hey."
Emily wrapped her arms around his neck. "Why did you hurt yourself? You're my daddy and I want you being strong."
"A moment of weakness."
Emily cuddled into her dad. "I want my daddy to be strong. Mummy does too cause we all love you."

Isla returned home and saw her parents. Chloe was attempting to make dinner but she was failing. "Max, let's get pizza," Chloe mumbled.
"Why?"
"I can't cook."
Max nodded and called a takeaway. He checked his text messages.
"You're a piece of shit. Chloe doesn't want you. Remember that - K"
Max sat down on the sofa. The kids were upstairs. Max pealed off the scabs on his stomach and felt himself bleed again. He tried not to cry but tears rolled down his cheeks.

Isla sat in her room texting Josh. She loved him so much. He thought there was only a four year age gap. There was seven and he would probably hate her for that. She didn't want that.

Chloe had run out of credit so she got Max's phone. She quickly went through his texts and saw the one from Kim. "Stupid bitch," she mumbled.

She grabbed her keys and ran out. She ignored Max calling after her. She went to Kim's house. She hadn't seen Kim since she had been stabbed by her. "Listen, keep away from Max. He rejected you. Your son rejected you. Heck, Chris Mead rejected you."
"He doesn't love you. He's with you because of those brats. He told me he wants that baby to die," Kim spat.
"No. You're lying."
Kim shook her head. "I'll buy the baby. 15 grand," she said.
Chloe walked away. She wasn't too sure anymore about the baby anymore. Kim offered her fifteen grand for the baby. She needed Max or someone to talk to.

Chloe went back to the house and Aubree ran to Chloe.
"Sweetie what's wrong?" Chloe asked.
"Daddy," Aubree sobbed. Chloe ran upstairs and seen Max crying on their bed. Chloe got down beside him and seen how bloody his shirt was.
"I tried to stop him, but he kept going," Aubree said. Chloe nodded. Aubree left them alone.

Chloe laid down with Max. Max was still crying. Chloe stroked his face.
"You don't want me. I'm a piece of shit!" Max sobbed. Chloe realised Kim was telling them both lies. She knew Max wanted the baby.
"Don't listen to her baby," Chloe said. Max had cried himself to sleep at that point.

Chloe called Charlotte and Tom over. Tom went upstairs to see Max and wait for him to wake up. Charlotte sat with Chloe and the kids.

*Three Weeks Later*

Chloe woke to another text from Kim.
'Twenty grand for the baby -K'

Instead of replying, Chloe turned her phone off and cuddled into Max. He had been getting a lot better and soon Chloe was reminded of the man she had fallen in love with. "Morning baby."
"Morning," Chloe mumbled. She climbed out of bed and got dressed. "We gotta go work," she said.
"We can have a cuddle," Max said. Chloe got up. Max sighed. He looked down at his bad scars.

Chloe got ready and the kids ready. They all went to school after breakfast. Max was distant but not just as distant. Chloe wasn't really talking. Isla ran to the bathrooms and broke down crying.
Her period was late by two weeks. She was terrified and didn't want to be pregnant. She was only thirteen.

Chloe went to her office and cried. She didn't know what to do. Kim kept messaging her for the baby. Chloe was tempted to sell her the baby. She couldn't handle the pressure anymore.

Max sat in the office. Rachel walked in. "Where the hell is Chloe? She's ruined everything."
"What?"
Rachel glared. "She has admitted her father raped her in court. Now, my mothering skills have been brought into question."
"So they should," Max said. Rachel pinned him up against the wall.
"You shouldn't have even fathered her again! You deserve to have that disgusting manhood cut off," Rachel spat. She walked out. Max grabbed the pen on his desk.

He unzipped his trousers and pulled down the front of his pants. He was going to cut it off using his pen.

Rachel walked past Chloe's office and ignored her. Chloe wanted to tell Max about the texts. She walked to his office.
Chloe saw what he was going to do. "No!" She yelled. She grabbed the pen. "Stop it Max! I don't want to lose you," she sobbed.
"That's a lie."
"Stop it Max!"

Charlotte went to the office. She saw Chloe breaking down. "What's happened?"
"He keeps trying to leave me. What's wrong with me?" Chloe sobbed.
Immediately, Charlotte was at her side. "Shh sweetie. This isn't good for the baby."
"I don't care!" Chloe screamed.
"Everyone hates me!" Max screamed. Tom went in. He fixed Max and took him out of the office. Charlotte sat Chloe down.
"Tell me what's going on now or so help me I'll make you tell me!" Charlotte said. Chloe gave in and told Charlotte.

Max told Tom what Rachel said to him.
"You shouldn't have attempted to cut it off," Tom said. Max said nothing. "Look at what you're doing to Chloe!"
"She's better off without me."
"Lies!"

Chloe cried into Charlotte. "She wants my baby and I might give her away."
"No Chloe. Poppy needs you," Charlotte said. She knew she couldn't have anymore kids but she would help Chloe. "Sweetie, ignore Kim."

Max went to see Rachel. "You're never going near Chloe again. She's much happier without you," Max spat.
"Back off."
Max smirked. "No, I'm not going to listen to you anymore. Chloe is my wife and you're the mother who didn't want her."

Chloe was walking around the school. She was pulled into an empty classroom. It was Max. Chloe smiled slightly. Max was never going to tell Chloe about the talk with Rachel. Chloe kissed Max passionately and she kissed back. Max pushed her down gently on the floor. Chloe grinned.

Taitlyn took the kids to see Charlotte and Tom.
"Hey," Taitlyn said. The kids toddled over to Charlotte and Tom.
Max held Chloe close. "We make a promise baby. We stay strong," Max said.
"Yeah?"
Max nodded. "Yes. I love you and our kids. I promise that we'll get through everything."

Isla held the pregnancy test. She turned it over and the result was...

****
A/N - I know you all think Isla is too young to be pregnant but it's part of a storyline for her.

Hope you liked
😘😊💜