Chapter Twenty One

Chloe was hearing voices. They were telling her that Scarlett was in danger. She didn't want anything to happen to her little girl. She was finally recovered from Cancer.

That morning, Chloe was sitting in the bedroom with Scarlett. "You're so precious aren't you?"
"Mummy being silly," Scarlett said. She was nearing four and she was cheeky. "Mummy okay?"
The voices were getting louder and Chloe was getting worried.

"Yeah sweetie," Chloe said. Scarlett giggled and began to plait Chloe's hair. Chloe let her but once she was finished, she was packing their bags and going.

Taitlyn and Tom made up. Mike was now back in the house but they were taking it slow. Mike's PTSD was getting worse. Taitlyn's depression was getting worse. They wouldn't tell each other though. Taitlyn sat downstairs. Luke was still napping. Mike came down.
"Can we talk?" Mike asked. Taitlyn nodded.

They admitted to each other how much they were struggling. Mike kissed Taitlyn. She cuddled into him. Taitlyn whined and fell to the floor. Her water broke.
"You're pregnant?" Mike asked. Taitlyn was in severe pain. She passed out.

Chloe waited until Max was in the shower. She picked up Scarlett and left the house. She was going to stay with Max's parents. Chloe got on well with his parents.

Max went to see if Chloe was okay. He checked the bedrooms and found out that she wasn't there. He frowned and tried ringing her. It went to the voicemail. "Chloe, pick up"

Max hung up and went to ask Aubree if she knew where Chloe was.

Mike didn't know what to do. The baby couldn't come out if Taitlyn wasn't awake. He rang Charlotte and Tom. They came over along with paramedics.

Taitlyn was taken to hospital. They would have to perform a C-Section.

Max didn't get any reply from Aubree as she began crying.
"We'll find her. Take the girls to Mark's house. I'll look for her," Max said. He kissed Aubree's head.

Chloe had arrived at Helena and Marcus'. She had always gotten on well with Helena. Scarlett was fast asleep. Chloe carried her to the front door. "Chloe? How wonderful to see you," Helena said. She saw the tears Chloe was crying. "What's wrong?"
"Someone is trying to hurt Scarlett," Chloe sobbed. She looked at Helena. "C-Can we stay here? Don't tell Max. He won't believe me," Chloe said.
"Of course! Come on in. Marcus! Come and take Scarlett! Chloe and I need to talk," Helena said.

Marcus took the sleeping Scarlett from Chloe and went to put her to bed. Their granddaughter's each had their own bedroom as did Max and Chloe.

Helena and Chloe were sitting in the living room. "Right, what's been going on? Who is going to hurt Scarlett?" Helena asked.
"I'm getting phone calls. I don't know who it is," Chloe said. Helena held Chloe tightly. Chloe handed Helena her phone so that they didn't call. Chloe hadn't charged her phone so it wouldn't turn on.

Mike waited outside the hospital room. Luke was playing on the floor with his toys. Charlotte and Tom were worried.
"Will she be okay?" Charlotte asked Tom.
"She will be," Tom said.

The nurse called them in. Mike went in first while Tom and Charlotte minded Luke.
"Taitlyn is still asleep. But the c-section was successful," the nurse said. "Can I see the little one?" Mike asked.
The nurse laughed and took Mike over to the cot in the room.
"Why are you laughing?" Mike asked.
"There's not a little one. There's two little ones," the nurse said.

Helena charged Chloe's phone. She checked her call history and saw that her son was the last one to call Chloe. "Marcus, we need to call Max," she said.
"Chloe doesn't want us to."
Helena sighed. She looked at her granddaughter who had woken. "Where mummy?"
"She's in the living room."
"Where my big sister Bee?"
"With your father," Marcus said.

Helena knew she needed to call Max. She looked at Scarlett. "Marcus, I'm calling Max."
Marcus nodded and took Scarlett to Chloe. Helena called Max.

Chloe played with Scarlett and plaited her hair. She tied the bobbles as the doorbell rang.

Mike held the twins in his arms. Taitlyn was waking up.
"Say hello to mummy," Mike said. Taitlyn looked over and smiled.
"Twins? Was that why I was in so much pain?" Taitlyn asked. Mike nodded and kissed her cheek.
"You passed out from the pain. But all three of you are healthy," Mike said.
Chloe heard Max's voice and paled. She grabbed Scarlett and left out the back door. She couldn't trust anyone.

Max went inside. "Where is she?"
"She was here," Helena said.
"Clearly she's not! Did she say anything?" Max asked.
"Just that she has been getting phonecalls saying Scarlett was going to be hurt," Helena said.
"Did you check her phone?" Max asked. Helena nodded.
"Yeah, she hasn't been getting any," Helena said. Max realised she was hearing voices.
"We need to find her and Scarlett," Max said.

They found Chloe in the park pushing Scarlett on the swing.
"Honey," Max said. Chloe jumped. Max grabbed her arm gently so that she couldn't run off.
"Daddy!" Scarlett said.
"Hey sweetie," Max said. He looked at Chloe. "You've been hearing voices."
Chloe looked at Max. "N-No I haven't."
Max sighed. "Then who's been calling you and saying our daughter is in danger?" Max asked.
Chloe realised that Helena had said something. "Scarlett! Come here," Chloe said. When Scarlett came over, Chloe looked at Max. "I'm sorry. I need to keep my baby safe."
"I wouldn't hurt her Chloe," Max said.
Scarlett was getting scared. "Daddy no hurt me mummy."

Before Max could react, Chloe picked up Scarlett and ran to the car with her. She sped off. She couldn't let her daughter get hurt.

Max went after Chloe. He knew the voices were affecting her more than anyone thought. She needed to take her medication but she hadn't. If Max weren't so worried about her then he would go mad due to her not taking the pills she needed to take.
Scarlett was scared and crying. "Mummy, I want daddy," she sobbed.
"Mummy is keeping you safe though sweetie."
"Daddy keep me safe too. Can we see him again?" Scarlett asked.
"Do you want to?"
"Yes mummy."

Chloe pulled over and took Scarlett from the car. Max got out his car and ran over to Chloe. "Scarlett, go to Granddad," Max said.
Chloe realised that Max was taking Scarlett from her. "No!"
"Shh calm down. She's over there with my Father. She's okay."
Chloe sobbed into Max. "I-I don't want to be like this anymore. I want to be me again," she sobbed.
"We'll get you there. I promise."
Somehow, Chloe believed him. She had to.