Chapter Fourty-Two

Chloe woke and knew what the day was. It was the day that Aubree had to give Arielle up. She knew how much Aubree was going to be hurting. She needed to be there for her daughter. She needed her.

Chloe went downstairs. She saw Aubree sitting on the sofa with Arielle. "Morning Bee."
"Hiya."
Chloe joined her daughter on the sofa. "It will be okay sweetie. I promise," Chloe said.
"No it won't. I'm giving her up today. She's not my baby girl anymore," Aubree sobbed.
"No matter where she is, she'll always be your baby girl Aubree. I promise."

Max came down and saw Aubree asleep on the sofa. Chloe held Arielle close to her. "She's going to struggle today Max," Chloe said.
"She has us. We'll get her through."
Chloe sighed. "I'm not sure Max. She's been in tears this morning."

Charlotte came over as she wanted to be there for Aubree when she handed Arielle over. "Morning Bee."
"Morning," Aubree mumbled. She wiped her eyes and cuddled into Mark with Arielle. "Isn't she beautiful?"
"Yeah Bee," Mark said. He kissed Aubree's cheek.

Chloe and Max had taken the day off work. Taitlyn was in school however. Isla hadn't spoken to Aubree since Arielle's birth.  Tom was at the house as he wanted to say goodbye to his baby daughter.

Tom held the baby as the parents arrived. Max went to answered the door. Aubree pulled Tom to the bathroom. They locked the door.
"They're not taking her," Aubree said. Tom agreed. They knew they would have to give her up sooner or later.

Aubree brought food into the bathroom last night along with bottles of water. They weren't stuck. They were intending to spend as long as they could with their baby girl.
Chloe went to find Aubree. "Bee, come on sweetie. It's time."
"No! She's mine!" Aubree screamed.
"Aubree."
"Piss off! Arielle is my little girl."

Max came upstairs. "Aubree, open this door now!" He yelled.
"No daddy! This is my baby!"

Chloe went to talk with Andrew and Lisa. "Where is the baby?"
"Aubree's having a few minutes with her. She's entitled to that," Chloe said.
"She is giving up her child. She isn't entitled to anything," Lisa spat.
Chloe scoffed. "Listen, you might be friends of my husband but believe me, I'd have no trouble smacking you," Chloe said.
Aubree and Tom weren't opening the door. They both began crying.
"We don't want to give her up! I swear if you make me give her up I'm leaving!" Aubree yelled. Max fell silent.

Suddenly the door was kicked open. Max grabbed Arielle from Tom. Aubree and Tom were in pieces over it.
Aubree ran downstairs after her dad. "Daddy no!"
"You agreed to this Aubree," Max said. He handed Arielle over to Lisa.

Aubree broke down in her mum's arms. "I-I want her back," she sobbed.
"Shh. It's alright sweetie."
Aubree was in hysterics. She looked at her dad. "Why did you do that?"
Max sighed. "They were going to ring the police Aubree."

Chloe took Aubree upstairs. They sat on Chloe's bed. "I w-want her back," Aubree sobbed.
"Shh. I know darling."
Aubree fell asleep on the bed. Chloe put the fleece blanket over her.

Charlotte was comforting Tom. She glared at Max.
"How could you do this? They were going to stay in the bathroom just to stop you taking her!" Charlotte said.
"They agreed to it!"
"No they didn't!"

Chloe went downstairs.
"Tom, come upstairs sweetie to lie down," Chloe said. Tom nodded. He was in hysterics too. Tom walked on up the stairs. Chloe glared at Max.
"I'll talk to you later," she spat.
Max rolled his eyes. "If you'd rather have Aubree in prison then get her back."
"Whatever."

Aubree had woken and she went to her dad. "I'm sorry daddy."
"Come here."
Aubree ran into her dad's arms. He held her tightly. "You'll see her again one day."
Aubree was in tears. "I want her now."

Chloe rubbed her bump and sighed. She knew Aubree was going to struggle but she didn't know how much.
Charlotte went upstairs. She seen Tom fast asleep. His pillow was tear stained.
"My poor man," Charlotte said. She kissed his cheek and pulled the duvet tighter around him.

Chloe and Max began arguing. Aubree ran to Charlotte.
"How about I give you a makeover?" Charlotte suggested. Aubree nodded and took Charlotte to her mum's dressing table.
Chloe had walked out. She had enough of Max acting like he was superior. She couldn't handle it anymore. She was done.