Chapter Fourty-Six

A/N ~ This chapter is quite triggering for self-harm, alcohol abuse and mental illness. It begins a severe mental health problem for Chloe. She abandons her baby in a park but she doesn't know what she's doing.

Chloe goes into treatment again. But she'll be there until the middle of chapter Fourty-seven.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chloe was still struggling with Poppy. She felt like she couldn't do it anymore. She couldn't be a mummy anymore.

That morning, Chloe woke and saw Max sitting on the iPad. "Morning," Chloe mumbled.
"Morning gorgeous. Sleep okay?" Max asked as he kissed Chloe's lips.
Chloe shrugged. She cuddled into Max and kissed his chest. "Fancy morning sex?" Chloe asked.
"Of course," Max said as he put the iPad down. He laid Chloe back down and kissed her passionately. "I think I love you."
"Y-You think?"
Max smiled. "You know I do but it's fun teasing you about it," he said.

Chloe could tell Max wasn't pleasuring her like he usually did. "Stop."
"What?"
Chloe began crying. She got Max off her and went into the bathroom. "Chloe. How can I help you if you don't talk to me," Max called.
"Just leave me alone. Please," Chloe sobbed.

X-X-X
Chloe left the house while Max was getting ready for work. She had Poppy with her. "Come on. Let's give you to someone else," Chloe mumbled. She didn't know what she was thinking.

Chloe arrived at the park and got Poppy in her carseat. She sat on a bench and cried. Poppy looked exactly like Chloe. "Mummy is so sorry about this but you're not my baby," she sobbed.

Chloe took the carseat over to a bush and put it down. Poppy began crying as Chloe walked away. It was destroying her but she wasn't a good mummy. She knew she wasn't.

X-X-X
Max arrived at school with the other kids. He assumed that Chloe was at home with Poppy. He went to his office and sighed. Aubree came in. "Where's mum?" She asked.
"At home with Poppy. She's on maternity leave," replied Max. He got out the figures for the P.E department and began working out on how to make savings.

Chloe arrived at the school. She began walking to her classroom. "I thought you were on maternity leave!" Charlotte said when she saw Chloe.
"N-No. I came back early. I don't want to be at home alone," Chloe mumbled. She wasn't telling anyone what she had done.
"Where's the little one? I want a cuddle," Charlotte said.
Chloe just walked off. It concerned Charlotte as Chloe always spoke about the new baby she had.

Chloe sat in her classroom. She felt like she was horrid for what she had done. But she was a terrible mum and she knew it. Max knew it too because he didn't love her enough.

*a few hours later*
Chloe hadn't left her classroom at all. She didn't go for lunch. Everyone who walked past said she looked down and depressed.

Charlotte walked in to her. "Who's got Poppy? I'll go and pick her up for you," Charlotte said.
"No! She's happy where she is for now. It's fine," Chloe mumbled.
"Don't you want anyone to see her?"
Chloe nodded meekly. She wasn't telling anyone what had happened. "I-I'll try and p-pick her up soon."
"Tell me where she is and ill go get her," Charlotte told her.
"NO!" Chloe screamed.

Max got a call from the hospital. Poppy had been left in a bush. Max frowned and grabbed his jacket. He left.

He got to the hospital. Poppy was crying. Max lifted her up. The doctor came over to them.
"She's most likely contracted a severe cold. Luckily a stranger found her on time before it got worse. Could you stay a few hours with her so we can make sure she's okay?" the doctor asked. Max nodded.

Chloe was sitting in her car still. She saw Poppy's teddy in the passenger seat and she broke down. She saw a piece of glass on the floor outside so she grabbed it and sat back in her car. She sharpened the glass up with a brick.

When the glass was sharp enough, Chloe got her wrists and began slicing where her veins was. The blood was oozing out. Chloe didn't care. She deserved it.

Chloe collapsed. Charlotte seen her and opened the door. She called an ambulance.

Max held Poppy and kissed her head.
"You're gorgeous," Max said. Poppy whimpered and curled up close to his chest.

Chloe was rushed in. Charlotte cried. She held her hand until she had to give in Chloe's name. Chloe was put into a cubicle.
"What's her wee name?" the receptionist asked.
"Chloe Tyler," Charlotte answered.
"Is her daughter Poppy Tyler?"
Charlotte nodded. "Yeah. Why?"
"Her baby was left in a bush. She was there for a good few hours."
"Poppy? Poppy was left in a bush?" Charlotte asked. She didn't believe it.

Max sat with Poppy. Kim walked in. "Oh. Hi."
"Kim?"
Kim smiled. "Meet Destiny. Our daughter."
Max was shocked. He didn't believe it.
"Whatever. Get out," Max spat. Kim scoffed and stormed out. Charlotte walked in.
"No! I can't believe this," Charlotte said. Max sighed.
"Neither can I," Max mumbled. "Chloe was last with her."

Charlotte realised what had happened now and why Chloe had done that. She needed to tell Max. She sat down beside him. Max handed Poppy to her. Charlotte smiled and held Poppy tightly.
"Max, I don't know what's happened. But I know that Chloe is in here," Charlotte said.
"Why is she in here?" Max asked as he got Poppy to sleep.
"Bad self harm. She has been quiet all day," Charlotte told him.
Max sighed. "Something is bothering her."

Chloe woke up. She saw her wrists stitched up. She began ripping the stitches out. "No, calm down!" The doctor yelled.
"No! I don't want this!" She screamed. She began thrasing around.

The doctor held her down. Chloe screamed. The mental health team came in. They put a straight jacket on her. The doctor sedated her. Chloe fell asleep.

The doctor and the nurses began to move Chloe into a room with her daughter. Max seen and opened the door for them. The doctor thanked him. Chloe was fast asleep. Max looked at Chloe and for once, he saw the young girl he made a promise with nearly twenty years ago.

Charlotte was holding Poppy. "She's so cute."
"Yeah."

Chloe woke and felt scared. Charlotte came over with Poppy. "Look who wants to see their mummy."
"NO!" Chloe screamed. She began shaking. "Don't come any closer!"
Charlotte and Max both realised it was Chloe who left Poppy in the bush.
"You did it didn't you?" Charlotte asked.

Chloe said nothing. Max looked at Charlotte.
"Take Poppy to get checked by the doctor," Max said. Charlotte nodded and left with Poppy.

Max sat down with Chloe. He took her hand gently. "Did you leave her in the bush?" Max asked.
"No," Chloe mumbled. She felt tears stinging her eyes.
Max sighed. "Chloe. Tell me the truth. Did you leave her?"
"NO!"

Charlotte held Poppy as she got examined. "Has Mrs Tyler done anything like this before?"
"No. She's usually amazing with kids. She had her first baby at sixteen," Charlotte said.

Max had gone to get Chloe some coffee. When he had gone, Chloe unhooked herself from the machines and left.

Chloe made her way to a pub that Max didn't know about. "Give me a lot of drinks  please."
"How many?"
Chloe shrugged. "As many as 100 quid can get me," she mumbled.
The bartender got her all he could. Someone sat beside Chloe.
"Hello beautiful, mind if I join?" he asked. Chloe smirked. She was already tipsy.
"Join me," she said.

Charlotte and Max went home with Poppy. They were trying to get a hold of Chloe.
"What's she done?" Charlotte sobbed.
"She's not thinking straight," Max said. He looked at Poppy and sighed. "Eddie has the kids."
"That's good. It will give Chloe chance to bond with Poppy," Charlotte said.

Chloe and the stranger were getting drunk. "I'm Ben. You are?" He asked.
"C-Chloe," she slurred.
Ben smirked. "Gorgeous name for someone I'm about to take to the bathroom to have sex," Ben said.
Chloe smiled slightly. She was too drunk to know what she was doing.

She took Ben's hand and pulled him to the bathroom. Ben smirked and pulled her into a cubicle. He locked the door.

Max and Charlotte were beginning to panic. They phoned Eddie and he said Chloe wasn't with him.

Chloe was dropped off at a bench. She was unconscious and naked. Ben drove off and left her. *The next morning*

Max had contacted the police and told them about Chloe. As she was vulnerable, the police were going to find her immediately.

Chloe was still unconcious on the bench. She had been badly beaten too.

Eddie came over. Tom had offered to have the kids. "Anything?"
"Nothing at all. She hasn't been seen since she left the hospital," Charlotte said as she held Poppy.
Eddie held Charlotte close. Max took Poppy and gave her a bottle.

The police drove past and seen Chloe.
"There she is!" they said. They quickly got out. They wrapped a blanket around Chloe and got her into the back of the car. They called a call-out doctor to meet them at the Tyler house.

Charlotte was looking out the window. She saw the police car. "Max. The police."
Max handed Poppy to Eddie and went to the door. He saw them bringing Chloe in. "What happened?"
"She's been attacked. Sexually and physically."

The doctor arrived at the house. "I'm afraid I'm reccomending Mrs Tyler to a month in rehab. She's severly unwell mentally so it will help. No arguments," the doctor said. He looked around. "I will send someone from the clinic when she's awake and dressed."

Max nodded. He broke down. Charlotte knew he always tried to stay strong.
"It's going to be okay," Charlotte said to him.
"How the hell is it?" Max yelled at her. Charlotte walked out of the living room.

Eddie looked at Max.
"I know this is difficult for you. It's difficult for us all. Don't treat anyone like that," Eddie said. Max nodded.

Chloe woke up. She was groggy and confused. "W-Where am I?"
"You're home darling. Where you belong," Eddie said.
Chloe shook her head. "No!"

The doctor had contacted the rehab clinic. They were sending someone to get Chloe and take her to the clinic.

Charlotte was sitting with Poppy who was in her carseat. "Right sweetie. You're not going to have mummy for a month but she will be back soon."

Chloe had changed into a pair of leggings, a t-shirt and ugg boots. "W-Where am I going?"
"Somewhere safe and somewhere nice," Max said. Chloe nodded. She gripped Max's hand.

The doorbell rang.
"No Max," Chloe said when she seen them. She broke down crying. Max lifted Chloe up along with her bag of clothes. The people from the clinic checked the bag throughly and then handed it to Max. Max and Chloe sat in the back of the car.

Charlotte held Poppy as she watched Chloe go to the clinic.

Max took Chloe the clinic. She was terrified. "Don't leave me."
"It's only for a month. You'll be home soon enough."
Chloe shook her head. She began kicking off and trashing the reception room.

Max had been told to leave. He went back home and glared. "Everyone leave!" He yelled.
Charlotte was about to say something when Max slapped her. Charlotte was shocked. Max couldn't believe what he did. Eddie punched Max. Max walked to the bedroom and slammed the door. Eddie took Charlotte home.

Max was in hysterics. He knew he shouldn't have done this to his wife. He needed her. He loved her.
"I'm sorry!" Max screamed.

It was 3am in the morning when Max got a phonecall. He answered it.
"Hello?"
"Is this Mr Max Tyler?"
"Yes. Speaking.?"
"Mr Tyler, this is Dr Valentine from the treatment clinic. I'm afraid your wife attempted suicide before she escaped from the clinic..."