Chapter Sixteen

Chloe had been avoiding talking to Max. She was still annoyed at how he treated Mark. She was unable to believe that her daughter was engaged. Aubree was only sixteen.

That morning, Chloe woke and saw Max coming into the bedroom with a tray of breakfast. "Morning gorgeous."
"Morning," Chloe mumbled. She didn't have her pyjamas on and Max was getting turned on.
"You're still annoyed at me?"
"Yeah."
Max sighed. "I've agreed to take Mark to the appointment today."
"Good. Bee going?"
"Yeah. I hope you will too."
Chloe just nodded and ate her breakfast.

They dropped the kids at Tom's house. Then drove on. Mark held Aubree's hand the whole way. He was scared and nervous.
"Look, everything will be fine."
Mark smiled at Chloe. She was itching to hold Max's hand but she was annoyed at him. "Mummy, forgive daddy. For me."
"Maybe Bee."

They arrived at the Hospital. Aubree grabbed Mark's hand while Chloe decided to hold Max's. "If you can be nice, then I'll forgive you baby," Chloe said.
"I am," Max said. Chloe rolled her eyes.

Mark was brought in and examined, then everyone was called in.
"Right, we can take Mark for surgery right away and he's gone on with a message to his fiancée, Aubree, saying 'I love you'."
Aubree smiled and Chloe kissed we cheek.

The doctor sighed. "Let me tell you, Mark's surgery will cost a lot."
"How much?"
"Fifty thousand pounds."
Max was shocked. "I can't pay that."
"Well, someone will have to."
Max sighed. He hadn't told anyone but he had another three bank accounts. He only told Chloe about the one. "I'll sort it. Thanks."
"Max?"
Max smiled at his wife and kissed her. "I'm sorting this out baby," he said.
Chloe smiled and kissed him passionately. "Tonight, I'm all yours baby."

Max went to sort out the money. He would do anything to get his two girls to forgive him.
He gave the doctor his bank details. That was the end of the money in his account.

Max went to pick up the kids at Tom's house. Tom let him in. Scarlett ran to him. Max held up.
"I paid for Mark's surgery. I've lost my bank account," Max mumbled.
"Did you tell Chloe that you spent all your money?" Charlotte asked. Max shook his head.

Taitlyn lifted up Luke and took Mike's hand.
"We should go to see Mark. Aubree text and told me he can have visitors," Taitlyn said. She left.

Max took the kids home as Chloe and Aubree were leaving.
"Can we take the kids daddy?" Aubree asked.
"Yeah - sure," Max mumbled. Chloe frowned at Max's attitude but left. They met Mike, Taitlyn and Luke at the hospital.

Chloe went home for a break. She went up to the bedroom and saw Max's laptop. She went onto his online bank account. She found out he had an extra two bank accounts. "Max bloody Tyler. You sexy sneak," she mumbled. She saw that he had paid for Mark's surgery
"What?"
Chloe looked up to see Isla. "You're supposed to be at Charlotte's."
"Why is daddy a sneak?" Isla asked.
"Never mind sweetie."

Max went over to the house. He went into the bedroom and saw Chloe lying on the bed in her lace underwear. "What's going on?"
"You're so sexy and amazing."
"Right."
Max got up and went downstairs. Chloe frowned and went after him.
"Max! What's wrong?" Chloe asked.
"I'm not trying to be selfish... But that money was saved up for Aubree's honeymoon and wedding and university," Max mumbled.
Chloe hugged him. "Babe, Mark is happy and so is Aubree. They now want to start planning the wedding and Mark wants your help. He has no one else."
"R-Really?" Max asked. Chloe smiled and nodded. She kissed him.
"Now come up to bed. Mike is bringing Mark over later to see you so we have some time."

Aubree took Mark to his house after Mike and Taitlyn dropped them off. Luke was fast asleep. He loved seeing Mark.

They got inside and Mark sat down.
"So, you're going to show me how well you look?" Aubree teased.
"Maybe," Mark mumbled. He hadn't seen for himself. Aubree closed the curtain. Mark stripped his bottom half but didn't look.
Aubree smiled. "Looks good."
"Really?"
Aubree nodded. "Damn straight."

Chloe and Max were in bed together. "I've missed this," Chloe mumbled.
"Me too gorgeous."
Chloe grinned and she cuddled into him. "I think we should go again."
"Oh?"
"Yeah. Show me you're still my handsome man who's in control of the bedroom,"she teased.
"Chloe, behave."
Chloe winked. " Can't behave Maxy."

Mike and Taitlyn arrived at Mark's house. Aubree let them in.

Luke toddled in and ran to Mark. Mark chuckled and lifted him up. Luke giggled.
"We need to talk to you two," Mike said.

They say down and Mike squeezed Taitlyn's hand.
"Max spent a whole bank account worth on your surgery," Taitlyn said. Mark was shocked.
"Are you sure Tails?" Aubree asked. Taitlyn nodded.

Chloe and Max went downstairs. Chloe was still wearing her underwear. Max had gotten dressed though. "So, did you like your make-up sex?" Chloe asked.
"Loved it baby."
Chloe grinned. "I was hoping you would. I'm so glad that you got Mark and Bee to forgive you."
"Me too."

Aubree came home and she saw a piece of paper on the floor. She puck it up and elt her heart breaking.

"I'm waiting for you Max,
Tell your wife you're leaving her or I'll tell her about us.
She needs to know about the divorce you're filing against her.
-Melissa"

Aubree puck the note up and went into the living room. "Hey honey. How's Mark?" Chloe asked.
Aubree wiped away her tears. "When were you going to tell us dad?"
Max frowned. "What?"
Aubree threw the note at him. "That you're divorcing mummy and you're having an affair with someone called Melissa?!" She yelled.
Chloe felt her heart breaking as she read the note. "M-Max?"
"That's not true Chloe. I don't know any Melissa," Max said.
Chloe scoffed. "Clearly you do know Max! Just tell me. Please!"
"Chloe, I've never seen anyone called Melissa! I'm promising you that," Max said. "O-Okay."

Chloe and Max went to bed that night but Chloe didn't know weather or not she could fully trust Max. Especially after the note she had been sent.