Chapter Eighteen

"I'm gonna puke!"
Charlotte watched as Chloe bolted from the staffroom to the toilet. "What's wrong with her?" Steph asked.
"No idea."

Chloe was sitting on the cold floor. She was burning up. "Coco?"
"Charly, I'm dying."
"You're not sweetie. Sickness bug."
Chloe groaned. "I hate Max. His cooking has done this."

Tom went into the office laughing. "According to Chloe you're trying to kill her."
"Why?"
"Throwing up."
Max rolled his eyes and was about to go and see her when Charlotte brought her in. Max wrapped her up in his arms and held her on the sofa in his office.
"I wish I could have kids again," Charlotte mumbled. She tried not to cry.

Tom held her. "We can adopt."
Charlotte didn't reply. Tom kissed her head. Chloe smiled over.
"At least you don't have morning sickness anymore!" Chloe said. Charlotte smiled slightly.
"We're not gonna have anymore kids together chick," Chloe said. She knew Charlotte hated the fact they cut her Fallopian tubes.
"Tom thinks Jacob is gay," Charlotte said. Chloe and Max both looked at him.
"He was talking to that gay guy in his classes... John his name is!" Tom said.
"Doesn't mean he's gay," Max said.
"I know, but... he's been acting strange and not talking to us like he used to. I know he's shy but it seems to have gotten worse," Tom mumbled.
Chloe rolled her eyes. "Well, Emily is extremely shy. I don't think she's gay."
"Be quiet."
Chloe grinned. "Max?"
"What?"
"I need a bin."
Max frowned. "Why?"
Chloe groaned. "I'm going to be sick again."

Max got Chloe the bin. She laid down on the sofa and fell asleep. "I should take her home."
"I'll do it if you want?" Charlotte suggested.
"Thanks."
Tom and Max went down the corridor. They noticed that Jacob was talking to John.
"Don't react," Max said to Tom.

Charlotte and Chloe cuddled on the sofa.
"I think... I think my tubes have sealed up again," Charlotte admitted.
"How do you know?" Chloe asked.
"My period came last week," Charlotte mumbled.
"Oh."
Charlotte nodded. "Yeah."
Chloe had the bowl by her. "This bug sucks. Makes me sick," Chloe mumbled.
"Funny."

Max was checking up on Chloe. He saw her asleep on the sofa. "Is she alright?"
"Keeps throwing up. I'm worrying Max."
"It's a sickness bug."

Chloe woke up and she groaned. "Max, you're not cooking again. We'll live on pizza," Chloe mumbled.
Max rolled his eyes and looked at Charlotte.
"Tom told me what happened," Max said. Charlotte rubbed her stomach.
"Tom doesn't want anymore kids. He almost cried when I told him what happened," Charlotte mumbled.

Chloe felt better and took medicine. She went to school again. Jacob was standing outside with John.
"Don't worry," Chloe told Charlotte. Tom came over to them and Charlotte walked off.

She went to her classroom and seen Mike, Taitlyn and Luke.
"Hey," she said. Taitlyn hugged her mum. Luke reached his arms out to Charlotte. She held him.
"Mummy... I'm pregnant again."

Aubree was waiting on Chloe and Max. She was crying. Chloe went in with Max.
"Bee what's wrong?" Max said. They sat down with their daughter.
"I'm pregnant and I know you all hate me because I hate myself!" Aubree yelled.
"We don't hate you," Chloe said. She looked at Max as Aubree cried into her.
"I-I... I'm too young to be a grandad," Max said. He smiled slightly at Aubree, but she was too upset.
"Bee."
"Is it Mark's?" Chloe asked.
"Yes. He was told he couldn't have kids."
Chloe nodded. She had stomach pains but she thought it was her period. "Chloe, are you okay?"
"F-Fine."

Max had been convinced Chloe was cheating on him with Bolton. He couldn't prove it though. "I-I need to go."
"Chloe?"
Chloe walked out. Max was confused.
Chloe took a pregnancy test. It was positive. She cried.

Tom lashed out and punched Mike. Jacob stood there. Luke and Jacob began crying. Charlotte took them all away.
"You're just okay with it because you want more kids!" Tom yelled. Everyone had heard. Charlotte went over to him.
"I'm filing for a divorce!" Charlotte hissed. She took the kids to the pastoral care room.
"Jacob sweetie," Charlotte said. Jacob looked. He was the same age as Taitlyn. It was hard to believe because he was so different to Taitlyn. "Are you gay?"
"What?" Jacob asked. Taitlyn laughed when she seen Jacob's faced. Jacob got up and walked out.

Max went to look for Chloe. He needed to hear the truth about weather or not she was cheating. "Chloe!"
"Is it true?"
"Y-You know?"
Max scoffed. "So you're cheating on me?"
"No!"

Max and Chloe were arguing. Suddenly, Chloe collapsed in pain. She knew she was going into premature labour. She was five months gone. "He knocked you up?"
"Who?"
"Bolton," Max spat.
"No! It was you!" Chloe yelled.
"Yeah right!" Max yelled back.

Charlotte and Taitlyn ran to Chloe. She helped her give birth as Taitlyn phoned an ambulance.
"They're on their way mummy."
"Okay sweetie. Hold Chloe's hand," Charlotte said. Taitlyn gripped Chloe's hand. Charlotte got Chloe to start to push.
Soon enough, Chloe delivered a baby girl. "You've had a girl!"
"Another one?"
Charlotte giggled. "Yeah, you have a lot of girls."

Chloe had been taken to Hospital to be examined. "Aunty Charlotte, meet Rosie Alexis."
"Hi honey."
Chloe stroked Rosie's black hair. "I'm having a DNA test done on Rosie then the kids and I are moving to LA," Chloe said.
"Chloe?"
"I'm sorry," Chloe said. Charlotte broke down crying.

Chloe got the test results and went home. She bought nappies and bottles for Rosie along with clothes and toys. She packed up the kids stuff. She didn't want to take Aubree away from Mark, so she didn't pack her stuff.

Max got a text saying to go to the house with the kids. He brought the kids and they grabbed their suitcases. Aubree squeezed Max's hand. She didn't want to lose her mum.
"Present for you on our bed. Goodbye Max," Chloe said. Aubree broke down when Chloe drove off. Max went upstairs and saw the test result. He felt like an idiot. He went downstairs and held Aubree on the sofa. She was in hysterics.

Charlotte got home. Jacob was waiting for her in the kitchen.
"I'm not gay," Jacob said.
"Then why are you so close with John? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it," Charlotte said.
"He's Niamh's twin brother," Jacob said.
"Who's Niamh?" Charlotte asked.
"A girl I like. No one approves. I left my friends because they think she's a weirdo. She gets bullied, has depression and suicidal issues," Jacob said. Charlotte remembered to when she started Waterloo Road and she had those issues. Tom laid a hand on her shoulder.
"I'll deal with this babe," Tom said. Charlotte nodded and went to sit with the other kids. Tom sat down with Jacob. He was going to tell him what his mother went through. He was old enough to know now.

Aubree looked at Max. "D-Daddy, we can't let Mum go! We need her."
"I know Bee."
Aubree wiped her eyes. "Then let's go after her!"

Charlotte went to the airport to see Chloe. Madison was being held by Isla and Grace was playing with Emily. "Take care Chloe."
"And you. Look after Bee for me. She needs someone," Chloe said.
"Don't go."
Chloe was in tears. "Max hates me. He thinks Rosie isn't his child. She is though. I can't have him hating me."

Max was pacing the living room. "Daddy! We can't lose Mummy. I need her!"
"You coming?"
Aubree nodded. "Yes!"
They sped to the airport and ran out. They ran to boarding and got on the plane. Security was called.
"Everyone! My name is Max Tyler and I'm an ass!" Max said. Chloe looked up. Rosie was silent as soon as she heard Max's voice.
"I'm in love with my wife and I messed everything up because I thought she was cheating. I'm an ass. I can't live without her. So either she gets off this plane or everyone we both love is going to have to go with you."
Chloe smiled slightly. She knew what she had to do. She looked at Rosie and knew the answer.

TWO DAYS LATER
Aubree and Taitlyn were discussing baby names.
"I like Hannah," Taitlyn said. Mike rolled his eyes.
"How do you know it will be a girl?" Mike asked.
"It will now shush!"
"I like Mollie!" Aubree said.
"Oh! I might take that one," Taitlyn said. Mike and Mark downed their drink of water.

Max went out to the garden. He smiled at Chloe. She was holding Rosie.
"I'm glad I stayed," Chloe said. Max smiled and kissed her.
"Jacob, invite her over!" Chloe said. Jacob blushed. He was texting Niamh.

Aubree went to her bedroom. She needed to be alone for a while. She sat on her bed and started crying. She realised that everything had changed and that she was no longer her parents little girl. She was having her own baby.

Chloe went to put Rosie down for a nap with Madison. Madison had just turned one a few weeks ago. Chloe had gone to a private surgeon for her tubes to tied properlu, she wouldn't get pregnant anymore. Once she had gotten the two youngest asleep she went to go downstairs but she was stopped by the crying coming from Aubree's bedroom.

Aubree was listening to a song that her Mum had sung to her when she was little 'Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie'. She didn't know the bedroom door had opened. "Bee?"
Aubree looked up and the tears were visible. "Sweetie, what's wrong?" Chloe asked.
"I'm not your little girl anymore. I want to be three again Mummy. I want to be your baby girl again," she sobbed.
"Oh honey. Come here."

Aubree ran into Chloe's arms and she cried. "Let's have a little chat."
Jacob told Charlotte about the girl he liked. Charlotte was happy that Jacob was finally coming out of his shell more.
"That's sweetie baby," Charlotte said. Jacob smiled but then lost his smile.
"I'll have to tell her about what my parents did to me," Jacob mumbled. Charlotte felt her heart break for him. He began to cry. Charlotte held him tightly.

Max went upstairs and saw Aubree and Chloe cuddled in bed. He got in beside Aubree and wrapped his arms around her. She cuddled into Max too.
"What's wrong with my two girls?" Max asked.
"She thinks that she won't be our little girl," Chloe told him.
"That's not true."
"Yes it is! No one will give a crap now."

Aubree had fallen asleep. She was crying still. Chloe walked out the bedroom and Max followed. "Hey! Look at me," Max said.
"What?"
"Have you been drinking?"
"No!"
"You have."
"A tiny bit okay?" Chloe yelled. She cried and Max held her tightly. He kissed the top of her head.

Aubree bought abortion pills online. She woke up and grabbed them out of her pocket She was about to pop one out when Luke toddled in. He put his arms up to her. She lifted him up.
"Muma dada no want me. New baba," Luke said to Aubree. He began to cry. Aubree held him tightly and began to wonder if taking the pills was right. She loved Luke and knew that Taitlyn did too, even if she didn't want him at the start. She heard a scream in the bathroom. She carried Luke to the bathroom and saw Emily sitting on the toilet.
"There's blood Bee," Emily cried. She realised Emily was having her first period.

Taitlyn cuddled with Mike when she felt something between her legs. She felt a baby's head.
"M-Mike!" Taitlyn yelled. Mike noticed what was happening and yelled for help. He called an ambulance.
"How far gone are you?" Mike asked.
"Three months," Taitlyn cried. She knew this baby wouldn't live so did Mike. Taitlyn tried pushing it back up in. Mike took her hand away. Max ran downstairs as Chloe was helping Emily and Aubree. Charlotte and Tom ran in.

Chloe sat with Emily. "It was scary Mummy. I thought I was dying."
"Sweetie. Its fine. Everyone gets them."
"Even daddy?"
"I mean every girl gets them. Daddy's are too grumpy to get them."

Emily had gone for a walk. She saw a car pull up next to her. "Hello Emily."
It was Mr Carter. Emily didn't know what to do. She was too far away from her house. "Y-You shouldn't be by me."
"Get in. You're my special girl."
"N-No."
"Get in the car!" He yelled. Emily got in the car and he drove off.

Chloe sat in the kitchen. There was a bottle of vodka there. Chloe grabbed it and went to the bathroom.

Mr Carter had locked Emily in a bedroom. There was no way she could get out.
Emily felt her phone in her pocket. She text her daddy.
"Mr Carter took me to his house. Please help me. I'm scared Daddy - E"

Aubree was crying in the bath tub when Chloe went in with the vodka.
"What are you doing?" Aubree asked. Chloe felt guilty.
"Bee-"
"I was going to take an abortion pill until Luke came to me. Then when I seen you with Emily I was so proud and wanted to be just like you with my kid. But now... I might as well take the pill."
"Don't Bee!"
"Fine. I won't take it if you pour all the vodka down the sink."
Chloe agreed and ripped out the bottle. Aubree flushed the pills down the toilet. Chloe cried and held her baby girl.

The paramedics arrived they had a tiny body bag for the baby. Taitlyn wouldn't let go of her little baby, even after they cut the cord. Max got the text and ran out of the house. Tom took Luke to the kitchen so he wouldn't see. Charlotte sat beside her crying daughter.
"Hand her over sweetie. It's going to be okay," Charlotte said. "We'll have a nice funeral for her."
Taitlyn handed her over and broke down. She had to be taken to the hospital to make sure she was okay. Charlotte went with her. Mike was going to the care home.
Max realised he didn't know where Mr Carter lived.

Chloe was cuddled up with Aubree. "When did it get like this. Me comforting my mummy."
"Good point sweetie. You've always been my number one. You got me through Scottland when we didn't have daddy."
"He came back though."
"He did."

Mr Carter found out about Emily's phone. He took it from her and smashed it. "You won't be saved this time," he spat.
"I'm sorry!"
He slapped her and she started bleeding on her cheek. "You're going to regret sending me to prison."

Chloe went for a walk to the shop. She needed a drink. She knew her alcohol problem was returning.
Max saw Chloe and pulled over.
"Babe! Do you know where Mr Carter lives?" Max asked.
"That scumbag? Yeah I do," Chloe said.
"Get in. He's taken Emily and she won't answer now," Max said. Chloe forgot all about her drinking issue and climbed into the car. She wanted her baby girl back.

Mike adopted twins for Taitlyn. They were babies. Jacob and Lexi. He pushed them into the hospital in a push chair and asked for Taitlyn's room. Mark and Aubree were minding Luke with Tom. He opened the door and Taitlyn was in hysterics. Charlotte looked over at him.
"Tails look," Charlotte said. Taitlyn looked up and smiled.

Chloe told Max where Mr Carter lived. He pulled up outside the house and Chloe ran for the door. She began banging. A woman answered. "Can I help you?"
"I'm looking for Eric Carter," Chloe said.
"He moved out. Took his daughter with him. Says he got full custody of her. He's my nephew. I wasn't even aware he had a child."
"What do you mean?"
"He moved out a couple of hours ago. He didn't say where he was going. The girl with him looked scared."
Max scoffed. "There's a reason for that. She's not his child. She's our child and he took her," Max spat.
Chloe realised what had happened. "H-He's taken her!"
"It's okay sweetie," Max said. He kissed Chloe's head.
"Any idea where he went?" Chloe asked.
"The airport. This is his number plate on his car. Ring the police. I'm sorry, I didn't know. If I did I would have stopped him."
"It's fine. What plane?" Max asked. The girl handed him a page.
"This was written on a page he left by accident."

Max and Chloe drove to the airport. Chloe rang the police and the airport security had stopped them.
"Emily didn't have a passport. They've stopped them," Chloe said.

They pulled up at the airport. Chloe had a picture of Emily's birth certificate on her phone. Max has his and Chloe's driving license.
"Your daughter called Emily? Here with Eric Carter?" the officer asked. They nodded and were taken into the room. Eric had his hand on Emily's private area. The officers immediately floored him. Emily ran to Chloe and Max. She had nothing on her bottom half. Max grabbed her pants and realised his daughter was on her period. He replaced Emily's pad on her pants with one Chloe had in her bag.
"Put these on sweetie," Max said. Emily got into them and Chloe held her. Max carried Emily out. Chloe held Emily's trousers. Max wrapped his jacket around her bottom half.
"Why does he always do this to me daddy?"
Chloe wiped her eyes. "Emmy, go to sleep honey. We're taking you home."

Max laid Emily in the backseat. "Max, this is going to damage her so much."
"I know."
Chloe sighed. "How can we even have more kids when we can't keep Emily safe? And what about Bee? She's sixteen and she's pregnant."
"Like her Mum then."
Chloe laughed. "No regrets?"
"None."

They got home. Max carried Emily in. "What happened?"
"Mr Carter tried touching me again," Emily mumbled.
Aubree felt awful. Emily went to Aubree. Aubree took her into the living room and put on frozen for her. Emily smiled.

Chloe binned all her drink. Max smiled.
"Why?" Max asked.
"I want to be here for all my kids," Chloe said. Scarlett ran in.
"Rosie awake!" Scarlett said. Chloe smiled and went upstairs to see her. Max held Scarlett. "Why me no help mummy?"
"You're stuck with daddy."
Scarlett giggled. "Me have wice ceam?"
"Don't push it missy."

Chloe sat cuddled up with Aubree and Rosie. She knew she had to stay strong but she didn't know if she could handle it. She needed to be there for her family but who was there for her?