Chapter Fourty-Eight

A/N - So, this is a sad chapter. It's also showing a bond between Chloe & Michael  (Chloe's biological father as stated in DoRM3).
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chloe arrived at the school. The first time she had been in school since she left treatment. She didn't know how to react. She was scared. 

She saw Max walking in. He had stayed elsewhere last night. Chloe didn't know where. She knew he was having an affair with someone.

Eddie saw Chloe and smiled. He was glad she was back but knew it would take her ages to ajdust. She would be on her medication for the rest of her life if she remembered when to take it.

Chloe went to the staffroom and saw Max. He walked out and ignored her. He was on the phone to someone. Steph came over. "What's wrong?"
"He's cheating on me. Wasn't at home last night and won't look at me now."
"Get his phone then."
Chloe nodded. She went into his office when Max left. She felt someone follow her.

Chloe spun around and seen Eddie.
"Sweetheart, leave him," Eddie said.
"He's cheating on me!" Chloe sobbed. Eddie held her. They sat on the sofa together. Chloe always felt safe in Eddie's arms.

Eddie kissed Chloe's head when she calmed down.
"By looking at his phone you're stooping down to his level," Eddie said. Chloe realised Eddie was right. She put the phone back and didn't look at it. Eddie smiled. Chloe sat back down with him. Eddie felt a pain in his chest but thought it was nothing. His arm went numb but he didn't move it from Chloe. He wanted to hold his step daughter.

Suddenly, the pain got too much. He pushed Chloe away and grabbed his chest.
"Eddie!" Chloe yelled. She needed Charlotte to be here. She called an ambulance.
"Tell Charlotte, the kids and your kids that I love them. I love you too Chloe. Try to get better for me," he said. He passed out. Chloe began to do chest compressions. He couldn't leave without saying goodbye to Charlotte.
"Charly needs you to say goodbye so you can't leave!" Chloe screamed as she did the chest compressions. She could hear the ambulance.
The paramedics came in. Max followed them. "Chloe? What happened?" He asked.
"H-He had a heart attack," Chloe sobbed.

All Chloe could do was watch as the paramedics battled to save Eddie. "Time of death - 9:30am."
Chloe broke down crying. Max walked over to her and held her. She pushed him away.

Chloe went to the Hospital with Eddie. She wanted to be alone with him. She wanted to say goodbye. "I'm sorry daddy. I was a crap daughter. I'll make you proud though. I promise. I'll get better - for you."

Max got everyone into the assembley hall. "Sit down and shut up."
Once he had everyone's attention, he spoke.
"Mr Lawson has passed away this morning," Max said. He forgot that Charlotte didn't know until she began screaming.

Tom took Charlotte out and to the hospital. When they got there they seen Chloe sitting with Eddie. She held his cold hand.
"He told me to tell you that he loved you and the kids," Chloe said. Charlotte was in hysterics. Tom held her when she broke down to the floor in tears.
"I'm guessing this is where everyone rallies round you and will be there for you but no one is for me," Chloe mumbled.
"Whatever. He was my dad!"
"I've known him way longer than you have. He's the one who helped me get through the abuse I went through!" Chloe yelled. She hated how she had always been ignored for others.
"Chloe stop it," Tom said. He got his phone to text Max.
"If you're calling Max then don't bother," Chloe spat.

Max went to find Chloe. He knew she wasn't going to handle this very well.
He got to the hospital and seen Charlotte on the corridor outside the room.
"Why are you out here?" Max asked.
"So that Chloe can get all the attention," Charlotte said. Max could tell how empty she was inside. She just walked out. Didn't even get to say goodbye to her dad. Max called her back.