The Aces

The Joker: Marty Mort

Mort is a multi-billionaire who has racked up an implausible fortune in the short span of his life, with a mind so twisted that most are unable to fathom it. However, that is mostly kept under wraps and many see him as but a gambler and owner of a huge businesses that dominate multiple industries.

Perhaps that is all that there is to be known about him.

Valued by the Joker for their guts, smarts and skill, these individuals have been chosen by Mort to be his right hand men, allies and confidants. The only ones who know any better about the dark depths of his mind are none other than...

The Aces

Ace of Clubs: Arcana Lustrai [SeizeThePi]

Age: 24

Sex: Female

Appearance: One wouldn't notice Arcana's unusual hair - which is normally tied in a unique braid - and eye colour off the bat as they are both a shade of violet that only becomes obvious with a source of bright light or a rather long period of staring. What is immediately obvious to anyone, however, is that at a height of five foot ten, she does not need to wear any sort of heels to tower over an average person. Thanks to her mother's half Korean genes, Arcana's near-flawless pale skin has only a single blemish that's in the form of a tattoo of an arcane circle on her upper back, which can be either partially or completely visible, depending on the kind of dress she chooses to wear.

Personality: Although she might come off as haughty to some, Arcana's respectful but rather impatient attitude is the one thing that has gotten her this far in the gambling industry at such a young age. Her silent exterior is a contrast to her mind, which not only tends to spawn sarcastic remarks towards her surroundings, but also keeps her in check with projects and assignments; she's a college student after all. Of course, these snarky comments never make it out of her mouth unless she's alone or with people she trusts. Raised as an only child whose parents rarely saw each other, much less fought, Arcana dislikes conflict and would rather solve problems as quickly as she can instead of lingering upon them.

Game of specialty: Blackjack

Favored kind of player: Arcana has a preference for players who are able to adapt to their situation and turn the tables around even when the odds are against them.

Ace of Diamonds: Kol Deyman [AverageEverydayHero]

Age: 28

Sex: Male

Appearance: Dirty blonde hair and pale blue eyes paired with a fair complexion, don't necessarily help Kol blend in with the normal casino crowds. Nor does his ungelled hair that's always brushed upward, adding to his towering height of 6'2. Nothing about him seems professional or even usual, in the casino setting. Not the pearly white, carefree grin he flashes every chance he gets, and certainly not the youthful appearance he has that makes you wonder if he's underage. It wouldn't be unusual to mistake him for a gambling casual, based on his looks alone.

Personality: Kol is a hustler, and part of hustling others for double the amount they originally bet is having an unsuspecting personality, which is exactly what Kol has. Laid-back to the core, and easygoing, you'd never expect him to be anything more than an amateur at the poker tables. He'll let you win and have your ego buff, but that's only until he has you exactly where he wants you to be. After that, he's thinning out wallets and going on win streaks. Amusingly, it's not even an act. Away from the poker tables, he still has the carefree and laid-back attitude, and whenever he speaks to you, it's never professionally. He'll talk to you like you're a friend, and maybe even crack a few jokes. But don't underestimate him. He's always smarter than he leads on, and thrives on others excusing him for a fool.

Game of specialty: Poker

Favored kind of player: The underdog. The one that absolutely no one believes will win, and always goes underestimated.

Ace of Hearts: Zahra Adesso [-Raven-]

Age: 26

Sex: Female

Appearance: Zahra's hair is a shade of brown so dark it almost seems black, neatly pulled up into a high ponytail that falls a good halfway down her back. The strands are straight—as is her posture, which happens to be one that exudes confidence with her shoulders pulled back and head held high. Holding a youthful sort of glow are olive skin and a pair of dark eyes.

Personality: Of course, the first trait that comes to mind when one lays eyes on Zahra is confidence. Her demeanor gives others the impression that she is down-to-earth and likes taking things into her own stride. This, along with the intelligence that she seems to portray, is the outer shell of an inner trickster. Quick-witted, curious and a bit of a prankster, it is unsurprising that Zahra likes to trip people up and throw them off. Her answers are always sharp and to-the-point, containing tracts of playfulness and sarcasm. Though quite the meticulous planner, it is no doubt that many of her decisions are made in the name of fun.

Game of specialty: Texas Hold'em

Favored kind of player: Zahra loves someone humorous, and if you happen to impress her with your fire or quick wits, she will most likely look upon you with approval.

Ace of Spades: Emerson Monroe [forever-unfulfilled]

Age: 34

Sex: Female (Gender: Agender - Emerson's sex is still female because they are terrified of surgery, however, they definitely don't identify as a woman. God help anyone who refers to them as "she".)

Appearance: Emerson has flaming orange hair that is layered and almost reaches their shoulders, and a fringe that is slightly too long for them which causes them to have to keep flicking their hair away from their eyes. They have bright green eyes that look brighter due to contact lenses, and a curvy body they hate yet have never altered due to their intense fear of plastic surgery. Emerson stands at about 5'8 and weighs around 150 pounds.

Personality: Emerson was always a little bit of a limelight seeker, which caused them to take up gambling in the first place. They do all they can to make themselves noticed and a prominent part of whatever they are involved in, and always strives to be seen as the person who takes important risks that pay off. That is their gambling style too; when there is a risk to be taken that could involve in a major advantage, they would always take it, even if there is the possibility of a downside. However, due to their prowess in reading faces and making good decisions, most of these risks pay off handsomely for them. Emerson commands attention toward themself easily, and loves to be the one in charge. They have a sense of humour that rarely shows up, and most people assume they are tightly-strung and way too stern. Organisation is one of the things they are best at, but only when it comes to something they are passionate about.

Game of specialty: Roulette

Favored kind of player: Anyone who can put on a good show. Emerson loves irony and flashy entertainment.

~~~

Reservations open tomorrow at 9pm GMT, 4pm EST, and 1pm PDT! We hope to see you all then!