Quarterfinals: All Or Nothing

March 11th, 2016; 3:00 am: Milena Seble

It's still dark. Everyone is tired. Though they're out of sight, you can tell that the Aces are too. If everything was dull before, the night seems pitch black now. With the lights off, all colour has been washed from the room like ink spilling from the walls. Neither the stars nor the moon exist to light the way.

Some people try to get rest; the Aces have assured you that no harm will be done if you do. In an hour or two you're expected to be up again, engaging yourself in another game of death. But for now, the room is at peace in memorial of the recent deaths.

Blorange Orange

Rafael

Milo Periander

Somehow, you find yourself wandering. Too much is going on in your head. Rest is not for a heavy mind and you find yourself, well, restless. You stand, and walk towards a shadow in the dark. No one notices you as you slip past, obscured by the blackness.

The shadow is a door. You try it. It isn't locked.

The room is small but comfy. There are chairs and a table. Against the wall is a curtain.

Behind every curtain is a window. If you were to pull the fabric back you'd see what you couldn't in the gambling hall. Four glass panels. All transparent, see-through. A glimpse of the outside world. A place that might be equally messed up but where the threat of death seems further away. The view is nothing but a road, car lights reflecting off a smooth surface coated by rain. Plain as it is, it is still on the outside. Does it remind you of who you really are? Who you were before you entered this casino?

Behind every choice is a consequence. What will you choose?

THE TASK

Welcome and congratulations on making it to the Quarterfinals task, All Or Nothing. This game of Would You Rather will be the last game played tonight at Milena Seble. In this task, your tribute will enter a dark room alone when the lights suddenly turn on as your tribute steps foot into it. In the middle of the room is a table. Placed on the table is a briefcase of a million dollars with a picture frame sitting next to it. It contains a picture of all the remaining players. On top of the briefcase is a sticky note. This sticky note is your final game, and last question for the whole night. It reads:

"Would you rather leave this casino as the sole survivor but with the money you desperately need, or leave the casino with all the remaining players alive but as poor as you were when you came in?"

What your tribute chooses is what will result from tonight. If your tribute chooses the briefcase, they are choosing to take the million dollars, but will also leave everyone to die. If your tribute chooses the picture frame, they are choosing to save all the players in the casino from death, but will leave as broke as they arrived.

The choice is in your tribute's hands. Anything can happen, as long as a clear choice is made by the end of your entry.

Additionally, this task is your song task. Each of you will receive a handpicked song to help inspire the creativity of your entry. The song listings are as followed:

Adam Burke - Guts by All Time Low

Florence French - Rise From The Ashes by Quietdrive

Aoife Callahan - Wolf in Sheep's Clothing by Set It Off

Sushi Wasabi Salmon - Outsiders by Against The Current

Ren Cayse - Death of a Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco

Addilyn Devella - River by Good Charlotte

Dawn Everhart - Take Me As I Am by FM Static

Valentina 'Val' Daley - Colors by Halsey

Cupcake Maybelline Sparkles - Forget Me Now by Against The Current

Links will be included below.

Also, for those of you who have been eliminated, these would have been your songs (in case you were wondering):

Blorange Orange - Down by Brandyn Burnette

Rafael - Run by The Maine

Milo Periander - Wasted by Cartel

**Important Note**

What we are looking for more than anything in this task is characterization. This task is about the choices we make, and everyone knows that the choices we make reflect who we are as a person. Who your character is, should show in your entry, and it should be distinctive what qualities your character has. The Ace who selected all these songs, felt that whatever song you have describes your character to a T. That being said, if you're confused about why your song was given to you, think really hard on why it may have been assigned.

Another thing is, and we strongly emphasize this—think carefully before having your character make a decision. If your character is ruthless and heartless, yet they choose to save everyone, we're not going to be happy campers—unless they happen to have a very convincing reason. Or if you make your decision based purely on morality, you need to be careful. Your character has gone through hell in single night, all for money that they desperately need. Would they really reject the million dollars? On the other hand, if your character is very caring and considerate, and made a lot of friends while playing the game, would they really let everyone die? Please think carefully before deciding.

**Side Note**

If anyone has some kind of problem with their song and needs it to be changed (with valid reason), please contact us as soon as possible. Thank you.

SLOT MACHINES: Out of order.

KILLS: None. From this point on, The Aces will be awarding byes, which is a form of immunity from votes, which guarantees tributes on proceeding to next task. 4 byes will be granted with the rest of you going up for votes. Only 6 people will move on to Semi Finals.

WORD LIMIT: None. (You're welcome)

DEADLINE: Sunday, June 5th, 1 PM BST