Task Two: To Anyone

March 10th, 2016; 8:00 pm: Milena Seble

It is the beginning of the end. However tragic the end may be, there exists a beginning that sets it in motion.

At 8:00 pm sharp, the doors are slammed shut. There is a collective gasp from the crowd which evolves to a subdued panic. Some head for the doors, jiggling at the handles, while others mutter about the possibility of a blackout. Only four people are truly calm, and it dawns on the players that they're trapped when the Aces emerge from the backroom in the same outfits as before, with the exception of one extra accessory—sleek, shiny guns to compliment the darkness. The players have been locked into a game of death.

Just by watching the girl pacing round the gambling tables, there isn't a soul who can't guess what game will be served to them as the first course of tonight. "We hope you enjoyed the banquet," says Arcana, pausing in front of a Blackjack table and placing two cards on the table. "That was just to whet your appetite." Another two cards are dealt like blows onto its surface. Arcana reshuffles the remains of the deck and lays it down in the middle.

"I've played many games of Blackjack, but I've never been a dealer." Arcana smiles, lips quirking in a manner of amusement. "Who's going first?"

~~~

THE TASK

As you can see above, this is Arcana's Blackjack task. For those of you who don't know how Blackjack works, here's how it goes:

Blackjack is one of the simplest games to play, but also the hardest to win. In the case of this task, two players will be playing, with Arcana as the dealer. Each player gets two cards. The aim is to hit twenty-one in value by taking turns to draw cards from the deck. The player can choose to either draw a card or forfeit. To forfeit is to stop drawing cards and remain at your current value. When a player forfeits, the game automatically ends. The player with the highest value at this point wins the game. However, once the player exceeds twenty-one, he loses. This is known as a bust. Do note that you cannot see another player's cards, so choosing when to forfeit and when to draw is all about luck.

If you still don't quite get this, we have a tutorial posted above.

How exactly does this task go? Your character is to be involved in a game of Blackjack with one other player of your choice. Things are about to get a little ugly here, and people will die.

In your task, you will write your character witnessing one other pair of players playing the game, as well as they themselves playing the game, and one death. However who dies is completely up to you.

You can choose to draw a card or forfeit at any point in the game. Whether you win the game or forfeit is entirely up to you, as well as is the fate of your opponent. But keep in mind that if a person goes bust, he or she will die. If you hit twenty-one and win, your opponent dies as well. If you forfeit, the game automatically ends and both get to live. No one but the Aces knows of this setup - until the first death, that is.

SLOT MACHINES: Open. Send your requests through PM!

KILLS: 3 ballots, and 1 in-entry death. 7 players will go up for votes, with only 2 surviving to play the next game.

WORD LIMIT: 1750

DEADLINE: Sunday, May 15th, 1pm BST