The Emerald Of Hope

Laurances POV

We were in the woods of the bandit camp planning our attack.

"Dont attack unless attacked." Dante said. We all nodded our heads. Dante and I were going to be searching for the emerald and Garroth was going to have look out. We all snuck into the cave and Dante and I started going through boxes.

"Could you guys be a bit louder? I want them to come so I can kill them all." Garroth whispered sarcastically.

"Sorry." I whispered back. I finally found a box of gems. Dante came over and helped me look through them.

"So does this emerald look any different then regular emeralds?" Dante whispered.

"I hope so. I mean, it has a special name so i would think that it looks differ-" i stopped when i saw a glowing emerald with a slight pink tint when the light hit it just right.

"This is it." I whispered.

Garroths POV

Dante, Laurance, and I had been back in Phoenix Drop for about an hour and I was on Patrol. At the gates there was a box. I ran and opened it and saw another note and a small video camera. Dale came walking by.

"Dale please go get Dante and Laurance." I said. Dale nodded and ran to go get them. In hardly no time at all they were both by my side. I read the note out loud.

"Hello again! I noticed that you have my emerald. As a reward i thought i would send you a little.... Incentive. Its on the video camera. Next you will go and steal the Diamond of Bravery from that brat Michi. She took it from the bandits so you you can thank her for making your job more difficult. When you have finished reading this and watching the video, leave the emerald and the video camera in the box and dont wait around or no one will come. And that means less time on the clock for you lord. From, Zane."

I put the paper down and picked up the video camera. I hesitated then pressed play. It was Zane.

'Hey guys! I just figured you might want to see how your lord is doing. I wouldnt want to barge in on her, but you can see the monitors i set up to watch her!' The camera was being turned around to see a monitor screen. The seen on the monitor was horrible. Aphmau was sitting in her cell looking beat up. I say sitting but I doubt she had the energy for that. Instead she was laying against the wall. She was clearly crying but there was no audio coming from the monitor. When you looked at her, you could tell she hadn't eaten in a long time. 'Well im going to get going. See you guys soon!'

The video was over and i turned off the camera. I put the emerald and the video camera in the box and turned to Laurance and Dante. We were all on the verge of tears but we couldnt hold them in very well.  We walked back to the guard tower in silence with only the occasional sniffle.