Fear

Garroths POV

We didn't catch Zane. He had disappeared into the woods.

"WE WERE SO CLOSE!!!!" I screamed in frustration.  We walked back to Aphmaus house. The window was shattered and there was glass everywhere. Aphmau was in bed and Dante was sitting on the edge looking down at her with pity.

"You guys didn't get Zane?" Dante asked looking up.

"No. I don't think Aphmau should be alone when she sleeps though. Someone should be guarding her at all times." Laurance pointed out. Dante and I both nodded.

"How about this. I will take first watch, then Dante, then Laurance." I said. Dante and Laurance agreed and they left. I pulled a chair up to Aphmaus bed side. She wasn't sleeping very peacefully. She kept tossing and turning, but I don't blame her.

"Its ok, Im right here. I will never let anything happen to you again." I whispered, stroking her raven black hair. She calmed down a bit which made me smile. It made me happy that my voiced calmed her down.

Laurances POV

It was my turn to watch over Aphmau. I went up to her room and traded spots with Dante.

"She hasn't been sleeping very well. Talking to her seems to help though." Dante whispered, careful to not wake her up. I nodded and sat by her. Dante was right, she was tossing and turning a lot.

~Magical Time Skip~

It was about 2 in the morning. All of a sudden Aphmau started to talk in her sleep.

"No... Please... don't hurt him... no... NO!" Aphmau screamed then shot up in bed crying and painting. She looked over at me and screamed. It was dark so she probably only saw a person standing by her and didn't know it was me. She tried to get out of bed so fast that she tripped on the blankets and fell on the ground. She was crying and shaking furiously. Her eyes were closed, she was curled up in a ball, and she had her hands over her head.

"Please don't hurt me. Please." She whispered. I grabbed her wrist and she whimpered. I pulled her up off of the ground.

"Aphmau. Its me, Laurance. Don't worry. Its just me." I said pulling her into a hug. She was crying really hard. We sat on the edge of her.

"What was your nightmare about?" I asked. She calmed down a bit.

"I-It was about what might have happened if I didn't make that deal with Zane. H-He k-killed y-you." She started crying again.

"L-Laurance, you should go back to the guard tower and get some sleep." She is so sweet. Shes going through all of this and she is still thinking about other people.

"I will after you go back to sleep." I lied. She nodded her head and eventually fell asleep. When Garroth came a while later I let him know what was going on, he nodded and I went to the guard tower to get some sleep.