Again

Dantes POV

It was the night after we did night rotation of watching over Aphmau. Aphmau insisted that she would be fine and that we were already tired enough from patrolling. We all went to the guard tower to sleep. However, at two in the morning, i saw a big mysterious figure walking to the gates. I had to act quick, so i didnt have time to wake Garroth or Laurance. I raced to the figure which was now far outside the gates. I followed it deep into the woods. After funning for about 15 minutes, the figure stopped in a clearing. I realized, it isnt one figure. It was two figures. Specifically, Aphmau being carried by Zane.

" Zane! Let her go!" I yelled. I didnt dare get closer, for i saw the sword pressed against her neck.

"Its funny how you think just saying that is going to make me give her up. If you really want her, your going to have to get through me." Zane said, throwing Aphmau to the ground. I got into position with my katanas and Zane pulled out his black scull sword. He ran at me but I deflected his sword with one of my katanas. With the other one, i tried to stab him, but he twirled (like a ballerina! Jk!) out of my reach. He caught me off guard and knocked my katanas out of my hands. One landed by aphmau. I hope... I didnt have time to finish that thought when Zane stabbed me in the leg.

"DANTE!!!!" Aphmau screamed, she had cut the rope off of her arms and legs using my katana.

"Aphmau! Run, i will be fine just go before Zane can catch you." I said as Aphmau plopped on the ground next to me. She used her healing power to heal me (duh) and we ran off. Zane was only steps behind us. Aphmau was sobbing uncontrollably and shaking, but i dont blame her. Everything that Zane did was horrible. I grabbed Aphmaus hand to try and make her feel a bit better. The warmth of her hand gave me new found strength to run. I pulled Aphmau along as we made our way to Phoenix Drop. The I heard a scream that broke my heart was Aphmaus hand was ripped from mine. I turned around but didnt see them anywhere. She had to be ok, right? I looked around behind all of the trees but i came up empty handed.

Aphmaus POV

I watched from above as Dante frantically searched for us. Zane and I were sitting on a branch from a tree, Zanes sword pressed to my neck. I watched as Dante fell to his knees crying. I wanted nothing more then to go down and hug him and let him know that he shouldnt cry over me. That everything would be ok. But i couldnt. After who knows how long, Dante got up and got his katanas. He walked out of the woods to most likely tell Garroth and Laurance.

"I would have done this sooner, but seeing him hurt made you suffer and it was fun so...." Zane said and i felt a pain in my head. Then everything went black.