Dantes Goodbye

Dantes POV (hopefully you get it by now. If not then....)

Laurance and Garroth had both left. I knew that when i would go in there, it would be a mess. I heard Laurance go into his shadow knight form. I heard the smashing and the pounding. Or maybe it was the pounding in my head, but i know i heard smashing. I stood in front of the entrance to Lucindas home. The colors of her house, no, of everything, seemed to fade. The katanas that were attached to my armor under my cape served as a reminder that i failed to save my lord. My best friend. My sister. My better half. The reason i found this village. The reason i have all of these friends and amazing people around me. With shaky hands, i grabbed the staircase rail and slowly walked up the steps. They creaked slightly as i made my way up. Each thought i had pounded in my head like a drum. You failed. Youre the reason she is dead. You couldnt protect her. You dont deserve to be a guard anymore. You dont deserve all of the people you have around you. It could have been you. It should have been you. Not her. I reached the top of the stairs and saw the mess. Broken glass and splinters of wood were everywhere. And at the edge of it all, lay Aphmau. She laid on the bed, her raven hair flowing off of the pillow like a water fall. My breath caught in my throat. She was so beautiful. I slowly approached the bed and looked down at her. I held her pale, cold, lifeless hand in mine. It felt as if someone was stabbing me in the heart. I fell to my knees crying hysterically.

"This has to be a nightmare! She cant be gone! She didnt deserve this! What in the world did she do to deserve this Irene! How could you let Zane rome free like that! How could you let the most amazing person die! How could you let the girl i love die!" I froze after the last sentence came out of my mouth. Even my endless wave of tears seemed to stop in time. Did i..... No. Im just hysterical. Its just the pain, the sadness talking. Although, It would explain the burning in my chest when Laurance flirts with her and Garroth... Does whatever he does....... It would also explain the fluttery feeling in my stomach when shes around. Or the nervousness i feel when she asks me a question. ESPECIALLY when she asked me to be a guard for Phoenix Drop. Aphmau had told me what Malachi did when he was a specter in his moving castle back when i first met Aphmau. Malachi made an image for Garroth and Laurance where fake versions of Aphmau and I kissed. Wouldnt it be nice if that was real......i snapped back to reality. I was still on my knees crying hysterically. Aphmaus hand had fell from mine when i became shocked by my own words and thoughts. My breaths were raged. I placed my hands on my head to try and calm myself down. Oh my Irene. I. Love. Aphmau. Thats why i feel this way. I looked back at .

"Why did you have to take her Irene. Why couldnt you have taken me. Why cant you take me now. I would do anything to have her safe here with me. I would do anything to be with her again." I whispered to myself. Then a lightbulb turned on in my head. Be with her. This thought gave me a new sense of hope and happiness. I can be with her again.I stopped shaking and crying. I got off of my knees and looked at her sleeping face. I gently kissed her. I felt butterflies in my stomach a bit but it wasnt the same of course. I placed my hand on her cold cheek. "Im coming." I whispered in her ear. Before anyone could stop me, i ran. Out of Lucindas house, out of Phoenix Drop, into the woods. I ran as fast as I could. I wanted to get back to her as fast as I could. Once i thought i found a place far away enough, i brought out my katanas. I set on on the ground and looked at the other. These katanas reminded me of tons of good moments, but over all, these katanas are the reason Aphmau is dead. I couldnt protect her. Now these Katanas are going to be the reason i am dead. The sun caught on the katana and made it look like something out of an anime. I closed my eyes and held the katana towards my chest. "Im coming Aphmau." I whispered. I started to hear someone shouting my name. The pounding in my head was to loud to recognize who it was. Before i could do anything, the katana was knocked of my hands. "DANTE!"