Purple Sky

This chapter is going to get super sad just so you know. Sorry!

Dantes POV

It was all my fault. If it wasn't for me, Aphmau would still be here. She would be yelling and Garroth and Laurance for being so immature and fighting. She would be recovering from the last time Zane took her. She would be with Levin and Malachi, enjoying time with her children. She would be being the best lord in the world, which she is no matter what. She would be safe. But because of me, she wasnt. Laurance and Garroth insisted that there was nothing they could do. They moped around doing guard duty. I wasnt going to let Aphmau suffer because of me, so the next day i went out and looked for any sign of Aphmau or Zane. None. I couldnt find anything. It was really no use but i looked anyway. Finally, after looking for an entire day, i started walking back to the guard tower. On my way back I heard a scream. No, it couldnt be.... I ran in the direction the scream came from and found a pool of blood on the ground.

"Oh no...." I murmured to myself. I looked all around, up and down to, around trees and everything for another hour. I had no choice but to head home and tell Garroth and Laurance. If i keep coming with bad news they are going to hope i never show up.

Garroths POV

I was guarding the gates when Dante came back looking worried, tired, and stressed.

"Nothin?" I asked, getting upset again.

"On my way back i heard a scream. I went to where the scream came from and there was a pool of blood. I searched for another hour and there was nothing. I'll go back out tomorrow." Dante said and walked off to the guard tower. Laurance came to take my place at the gates.

"Has Dante told you about what happened in the woods?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah. Dont wake Dante up for night patrol when its his turn. He was looking for Aph all day and he says hes going to go out again tomorrow to. He needs his rest. Wake me up instead and i will do his patrol and mine." Laurance said.

"How about this. I do my shift and half of Dantes. Then you do the other half and your shift. Sound good?" I asked. He nodded and I stopped at the docks before i went to bed. The sun had just set over the water and it looked beautiful. The partially purple sky reminded me of Aphmau. I wished with all of my heart that she was looking at this as well. For if she was, this would mean that she is alive and she was above ground, where they could hopefully find her. With this (rather sad) thought, he left to go to bed.