Episode 2

There was nothing eventful to keep her occupied so  Sakina spent her time kicking the rocks on the ground. The heavy scent of burgers and fries assaulted her nose and led her inside Maji burger where she practically drooled at the sight of the displays of food on the signs. She ordered ten burgers and made her way to an empty seat to  sut down. She was in the midst of stuffing her face when the sight of two large pink pigtails made her wave her arm to catch the girl's attention. 

Her best friend, and arguably her other half, caught sight of her and instantly slid into the seat in front of her, Sakura's green eyes instantly noticing the ribbon as a cheeky grin laced her face. 

 "Where did you get the green ribbon from? Did you get it from your boyfriend?" Sakura asked, leaning closer. Her  pink pigtails swished in front of her face and her bangs nearly covered her eyes  as she stared at Sakina expectantly.

"I don't have a boyfriend," Sakina replied, feeling her face heat up. "It was a lucky item. I got it from Midori-kun yesterday when Onii-san left to get me burgers."

"Woah! Okay, Woah! You got a gift from Midorima Shintaro?!" Sakura exclaimed. Her eyes were bright like diamonds and glittered with glee. "So your big brother's old teammate gave you a gift! He totally likes you. And you're wearing it!" She gasped, her hands flying to her mouth. "Don't tell me...you're in love with him!" 

Sakina stood up abruptly. "I am not!" she said, her face bright red. Her back brushed against  someone and an all too familiar voice said, "Kagami, watch out. My milkshake."

She blinked and turned around and stared at the taller boy trying to sit as he maneuvered the milkshake skillfully over a pile of burgers and to his blue-haired companion . "I'm not gonna spill it." 

"Hi Kuro-senpai, is this your friend?" she asked, pointing to the red haired male who had finally sat down.

"Yes. This is Kagami Taiga, he used to live in America," Kuroko said.

"Hi, Kaga-kun," Sakina said. She waved and smiled, ignoring the look of surprise he gave her. 

Sakura suddenly appeared by her side  and wrapped her arms around Sakina's shoulders. "So Kagami, what was it like living in America?"She asked, almost shaking Sakina as she kept a firm grip on her shoulders.

"There's not much to say." 

"Lets discuss this further!" Sakura exclaimed. She practically dragged Sakina out of her seat and pushed her beside Kagami before grabbing the food from their table and smacking it right in the middle next to the other mountain of burgers. She skillfully slid into the seat next to Kuroko and grinned devilishly. 

There was a moment of silence before Sakina whipped her head to Kagami and spoke in English. His eyes widened and he too began speaking english leaving Kuroko and Sakura to stare in silence. 

"You speak English very well. How did you learn to be so fluent?"
Kagami asked.

"I learned when I was young. My mom was bilingual. Say, Kagami, Are you friends with Aomine? He talked about you. He said you were a worthy rival and a really good basketball player."

Kagami blushed, "He said that? Well he is really strong. Do you play basketball?"

 "I play but only for fun. Aomine taught me a few tricks though. He's really cool."

"You look up to him don't you?"

Sakina nodded. "But I can tell you're really strong too. Kagami, do you want to play a game of basketball?"

"Sure, but I can't guarantee I'll to easy on you," 

"I wouldn't want you to," 

"It's settled then!" Sakina exclaimed standing. She kept a smile on her lips and seemed excited as she left the table to grab a bag.

It was up to Kagami to fill in the details to Kuroko and Sakura, and once they were told a groan escaped the lips of Sakura as she buried her face in her hands.

"OH boy, here we go again," She said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakura tapped her foot impatiently as she sat beside Kuroko and watched on. The game was a simple one on one with the first to score twenty points the winner. Currently, Sakina was in possession of the ball and she began dribbling. 

"Kuroko-senpai!" She exclaimed, bumping her shoulder with him. 

Kuroko glanced to Sakura with a quizzical expression. "Yes?"

"Escort me home. My curfew is soon and I don't wanna be alone."

"...Ok." 

Sakina took notice of her friend leaving the court and paused mid-shoot resulting in the ball being nimbly stolen from her. There was an unnerving grin on Sakura's lips, and it was obvious that she was plotting something. But Sakina was unable to focus on that and continued with trying to keep up with Kagami. 

It was twenty minutes later that Sakina found herself huffing and gasping for breath as she laid sprawled out on the court. 

"Are you okay?".

She nodded and wiped her brow with her sleeve, as she forced herself to stand and  make her way over to the bench. She sat down and looked up at the sky, the cool air offering little relief. "It's getting dark," She mumbled, closing her eyes. 

Kagami sat down beside her, still holding on to the ball.  "Yeah it is." 

The rush of adrenaline and the repercussions of using so much energy took its toll on her body. The aching in her bones were begging her to relief them and she couldn't help but offer herself up to sleep.  She unconsciously rested her head on Kagami's shoulder, trying to find some comfort from the burning of her muscles.

Kagami looked to her and gently shook her in an attempt to wake her up to no avail. He sighed heavily and gently picked her up,  placing her on his back in a piggy back style and began heading towards his home a short distance off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Kagami unlocked his door and entered his home, he was surprised to see Alex along with Himuro sitting around the table. The two watched in silence as  Kagami walk towards his bedroom with the sleeping Sakina on his back.

He gently placed Sakina on the bed and wrapped the covers around her,  then shut the door behind himself as he returned to the living room.

"Taiga, you're finally bringing home girls," Alex teased, winking at Kagami.

"I-its not like that!" Kagami stated, blushing heavily.

Himuro smiled, "Care to elaborate?"

Kagami sat down and ran a hand through his hair. "She's Aomine's Cousin and I ran into her at Maji burger along with Kuroko. She challenged me to a one on one and so we played. Anyway, it got late and she fell asleep and wouldn't wake up so I brought her here. I couldn't leave her there and I don't have Aomine's number."

Himuro thought for a moment, "I suppose bringing her here was the best option but I feel sorry for you when Aomine finds out you brought her home."

Kagami sighed and a thought popped into his head. He took out his phone and began texting Kuroko. His phone beeped and he looked down at the response.  "Not even Kuroko knows Aomine's number."

"That's unusual."