Episode 8

It was Wednesday afternoon and Sakina carried her Tennis equipment to the boys tennis club.

They were in the middle of practicing. Sakina stood on the sidelines and watched them play with interest.

"If I try really hard, I bet I can Do those things," She mumbled. She kept a careful eye on the ball as well as the wrist movement's of the players.

"I can do it," She mumbled.

Sakina was snapped out of her thoughts by a slight tap on her shoulder.

She turned and stared at Ryoma. "Hey, are you going to just stand there? Lets start your training," he said, pointing his racquet at her.

Sakina nodded. "Okay!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakina sighed as she walked home an hour later. "All I did was wrist movements," She mumbled, kicking a rock.

As she approached the Park near her home, She noticed a crowd surrounding two people playing Shogi.

Sakina walked closer to get a look at the game. The game had already ended and the winner was giving pointers to the loser.

"So if you went here you could have had a better chance," The boy said.

The boy who won the game had pinkish red hair and a light smile on his face.

"I want to play," Sakina stated, from the sidelines.

The boy looked up at her and nodded. "Very well."

Sakina slid in the seat in front of him and began to play.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take long for the game to end. However it was getting dark and the other spectators had went home.

"I see you're highly perceptive," The boy said, cleaning up the game. "My name is Akashi Seijuro. May I have yours?"

"I'm Sakina. It was fun playing Shogi with you Akashi. I'll be going now," Sakina said, getting up and grabbing her tennis bag.

"You play tennis? Judging from your physique, I would say you look like you possess years of Basketball experience." Akashi Commented, standing up as well.

"You can tell? Onii-san plays basketball so I did too. But I've decided I want to go pro as a tennis player," Sakina replied.
"I never was any good at basketball, at least around other people. I've decided to take up tennis but...it's a lot harder than it looks."

Akashi looked Her over. "I think your problem might have been the yips. Its quite common for athletes to develop it. You're sense of perception is very high however. I may not know anything about tennis, but I think I can help you at least somewhat. I Am the former captain of the Generation of miracles."

Sakina's eyes widened. "you're Onii-san's former captain?!"

"I suppose you're referring to Daiki,the former ace of teiko? If you are, then yes."

"How can you help me with Tennis?" Sakina asked.

Akashi smiled. "Its simple. I sense great potential inside of you. Unlocking that hidden potential is the key. I will personally train you. Due to your high perception skills one can only assume you can unlock that potential."

"What do you mean?"

"I can teach you how to obtain the emperor eye," Akashi said simply.

Sakina gasped. "You can do that?!"

Akashi nodded. "Its simple really. All you have to do is watch me use emperor eye and copy it."

"You think that I can copy it? I'm not sure if that's something I can do," Sakina replied.

Akashi frowned. "Perception is the ability to spot things no one usually can. If you can spot things no one else can, then in theory, you can mimic it, thus a form of copying. I suppose the best person to talk to about copying techniques would be Ryota however. It is sort of an art."

"Oh, I know Kise!" Sakina Said.

"Talk to him about learning how to copy techniques and then I will demonstrate the emperor eye."

Sakina nodded. "Okay! Wow, I can't wait! I'm glad I'll get to train under you, Akashi!" She said with a smile.

Akashi returned the smile. "Whenever you are ready, come to Rakuzan High school and ask for me. I will begin teaching you my skill. It will come in handy during your matches whether they be Tennis or basketball," Akashi stated before taking his shogi board and walking away.

Sakina slung her Tennis bag over her shoulder and began running home with a smile on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile.......

"I offered to teach her like you requested,"

"Thanks. Sorry for bothering you but she's really into tennis and all,"

"No problem Daiki. However you owe me for this. I expect compensation."

"Fine! I'll tell Satsuki to give you some of her collected data on rival teams,"

"I understand. Your Cousin will be trained into the best tennis player in Japan. I can sense her hidden potential so there's nothing for you to worry about."

"Good. I hope you know what you're doing,"

"I may not play tennis, however I can assure you I know what I'm doing."

"Okay,"

Akashi hung up his cellphone and smiled to himself. He then climbed into the Limousine and was driven home.