Episode 37

Sakina lay on the desk, her eyes closed and light drool coming out of her mouth. She hadn't noticed the look her English teacher was giving her until he slammed large books onto his desk, jolting her out of slumber.

"Miss Imiyu, You can't sleep in class. Read page 87 line 41."

Sakina flipped to the page, yawned, and stood up, "Love is something that is blissful and free and yet, there is a reason it is called falling in love. Eventually, the pair must pick themselves up and often realize that the love isn't with them. It isn't that Love wasn't there just...that...the love...has...left a bittersweet...taste..."

Sakina blinked rapidly, surprised at how her heart felt as of it was breaking in two. Glancing around, She noticed the glittering eyes of the male students in her class, many of who clapped loudly, oohing and aahing.

Once she say down, She have a quizzical look to Sakura.

Sakura leaned over her desk and whispered, "The window was open and it looked like Kamisama himself was shining down on you. Its weird. I think all the boys are becoming mesmerized by your presence!"

"Eh?" Sakina responded.

"Be careful, I think you're losing your lack of presence. You're becoming a Kise," Sakura said.

"Eh?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Sakina stepped onto the tennis court, She was greeted by the loud yelling and stomping of the male crowd that had formed outside the tennis court's.

"This is a first," Fuji commented, nodding his head toward the crowd.

"99% likely that they're here for Sakina," Inui responded.

Sakina blushed and made her way over to Tezuka. "Um...Captain? I want a spot on the team as a regular," She said.

Tezuka looked at her and said, "Ranking matches will begin next week for the upcoming tennis tournament. Be sure to be on time for the rankings."

"Alright," She answered.

Sakina looked around searching for a partner. Momo and Ryoma were practicing with each other and all the other regulars were assisting the underclassmen.

Sakina frowned and sighed.

"Um...You can practice with me Senpai,"

Sakina glanced back at the boy who spoke. "Ah, Horio was it? I think I'll take you up on that offer!" she said, flashing a smile.

Horio blushed and nodded, his racquet close to his chest.

As Sakina practices with him, she noticed just how strong she had gotten. Horio was struggling to keep up with her easiest strikes. The longer the game dragged on, the sorrier she felt for him.

"Wait!" Sakina shouted, once the tennis ball rolled away from Horio's failed shot.

"I think I understand what your issue is," She said, walking over to him.

"Yeah?"

"You're not well balanced. Stand on one foot," She ordered. Horio obeyed and wiggled.

"See? You should practice sprinting and balance training."

"Is that how you got to Be so good so fast?" he asked, planting his foot down and staring up at her expectantly.

Sakina shook her head. "My Onii-san is a basketball player. When we were young, he would always play with me. I can't play basketball at all but it did strengthen my reaction time and my muscles. I also get one on one training with other tennis players. If you want, I can be your trainer."