Episode 6

The Next day, Sakina walked to school with a new sense of determination. "Today, I'm going to join the tennis club," She murmured.

Sakina stared up at her school. It was famous for its really strong tennis club; It's name was Seigaku.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakina had successfully signed up for the tennis club and decided to check out the male tennis team. She headed over to the tennis court's and watched the boys play. She stared in amazement as she watched them play.

"Wow. It's looks so cool," She murmured a blush on her face.

"Hurry, Sakuno! We'll miss Out on Ryoma's Match!" A girl's voice said.

"I'm coming, Tomoka!" Another girl answered. Two girl's ran up to the gate beside Sakina.

Sakina glanced at the girl's briefly before turning her attention on the court.

A young first year, stepped onto the court followed by an older boy.

"There's Ryoma!" the girl Tomoka stated a blush on her face.

"It looks like his opponent is Inui Senpai," Sakuno said.

"It's obvious Ryoma is gonna win," Tomoka said.

The two girl's watched the game intensely.

Sakina could tell at a glance which boy was most likely Ryoma. The aura he gave off was similar to what Sakina had sensed whenever she watched Aomine play basketball.

She instinctively shivered and found she couldn't take her eyes off the younger boy. "Ryoma...is strong..." She mumbled.

The game ended the way Tomoka had predicted and Sakina continued to stare at Ryoma.

"Um...do you two know Ryoma personally?" Sakina asked, turning to the girl's.

Tomoka let out a shriek and Sakuno flipped around quickly. "H-how long were you standing there?!" Sakuno asked.

Sakina twirled her hair, "The entire time?" she half questioned.
Once Tomoka had caught her breath she said, "Of course we know Ryoma personally, we are friends of his! Why? Are you a fan of his?"

Sakina smiled, "I need to talk to him. Truth be told, I don't know much about Ryoma to be his fan, Or tennis for that matter,"

Tomoka stared at Sakina as of she told her something unbelievable. "You haven't heard of Ryoma, the prince of tennis?!" She yelled.

Sakina shook her head. "Nope. But I need to talk to him so..." she trailed off.

"I can take you to him So you guys can talk. I think it's okay now, practice should be over," Sakuno said.

Sakina bowed. "Thanks,"

Sakina followed after Sakuno who led her directly towards the court's. Ryoma was drinking from a water bottle when the two approached.

"Um...Ryoma...someone needs to talk to you..." Sakuno said, blushing.

Ryoma looked at Sakuno before looking at Sakina.

"Okay, what do you want?" Ryoma asked.

At that time, the other tennis players were standing around pretending not to listen in on conversation.

Sakina walked up to Ryoma and bowed before yelling out, "Ryoma, Teach me how to play tennis!"

There was an awkward silence as Sakina stood up straight and smiled. "I have absolutely no clue whatsoever about tennis. You are said to be the prince of tennis so I figured you would be the best teacher. Please teach me!"

Ryoma stared at Sakina. "And why should I teach you? You should join the tennis team and practice." he said.

Sakina returned Ryoma's Stare, "I already did. I am a former basketball player who is interested in tennis. It looks fun and I want to learn."

Ryoma turned and began gathering his things. "Fine, I'll teach You, but only for a little bit," He said once he gathered his things.

Sakina nodded as she heard a familiar voice calling her name. "Sakina!!!!! Get over here!"

Sakina turned and saw Sakura on top of Murasakibara's shoulders. Murasakibara was eating snacks and looking bored while Sakura sported a large smile in her face.

"Woah! That guy is tall!"

"Yeah, he is Momo Senpai," Ryoma said.

Sakina smiled and bowed, "thank you for accepting to teach me tennis! Bye!"

Sakina then ran to greet Sakura. "I thought you went home early, don't tell me you were skipping?" Sakina commented.

Sakura blushed and looked away. "What?! No! I would never skip school just to hang out with my boyfriend. Silly girl," Sakura retorted.

"Say, is that Ryoma Echizen?" Sakura asked, pointing.

Sakina nodded. "Do you know him?"

"Do I know him? Of course I do! He's like the Prince of tennis! He won a lot of tennis competitions over in America! He's in the sports magazines all the time! I'm surprised you don't know who he is, but then again, you do love Basketball so I guess I understand. Hey, wanna hang out today?"

Sakina shook her head. "I can't. I have to shop for equipment. I'm...gonna play tennis."

Sakura was silent for a minute. "Wait! I didn't quite catch that. What did you say?" she asked.

At that point, the tennis players were observing the exchange from a short ways off. They heard the scream come from Sakura and heard the profanity coming from her mouth.

Once Sakura was finished cursing, she breathed heavily. "I can't believe you! Why?! Don't you love Basketball?! It makes no sense! Why the sudden change?! Girl, you better start talking!"

Sakina rocked on her heels for a bit before saying, "Remember a short while ago when I told you my mom had passed away? Well, She loved tennis with a passion. I never got to play with her so I never understood her passion for it. So...I want to experience her love for the game. I owe it to her and it looked like fun. Don't worry, I love Basketball, that will never change, but...tennis...I want to love it too,"

Sakura was silent. Finally, She nodded in response. "I get it," She murmured.

Sakina smiled and waved before walking off. "Bye. I have to buy equipment. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye," Sakura responded, watching her go.