Chapter 3

Mina's POV

Memories of yesterday kept flooding in my mind as I flipped the slip of paper between my fingers. Was he serious? He's famous and very ... Sexy. Hell, they all are. But -me? Why would he want to date someone like me?

I'm nothing special!

Heck, I'm not even the pretty one.

Rolling out of bed, I walk to the connected bathroom, only to find Min already in there. He was taking selcas again..

"Hey sis--" his eyes widened when he saw me. "Whoa. Did it really hit you that hard?" He brushed his thumb against my cheek and I winced. "I'm getting the first aid kit, I'll be back." He gave me a small smile before going downstairs. I glanced at the bathroom mirror to see what he was referring to.

Damn..

I didn't think it was this bad... My left cheek bone had a dark purple bruise line, my skin even broke a little. My fingers absentmindedly grazed over it and I felt myself wincing yet again. See, this is why the outside world is a dangerous place.

Min came back with a bottle of disinfectant and a box of TMNT band aids. "Thanks," I muttered. He smiled and took care of me like I was a child. Min and I have our moments. We can be a happy family one minute, but it can easily switch to a hostile situation.. Like yesterday. But we're practically all we have and family is too important to lose.

"Umma's mad again." Min muttered as he dabbed my cheek with the disinfectant. His usual bright eyes looked sad.. He gave me his best comforting smile, even if it secretly hurt him.

"Who's it about this time?"

"Both of us." Min rolled his eyes, and gently placed the turtle bandage, letting out a humorless chuckle. "She's mad at me because I got accepted into that performing arts school..." He gave me a sad smile.

"You got accepted?! And you didn't tell me??" He laughed at me and nodded.

"Yeah, I got the letter yesterday. I'm flying out in a month.. Umma was pretty upset."

"She'll get over it," I tried to reassure him but he just scoffed.

"Yeah, whenever that bastard of a husband she has comes back to buy her everything." I sighed and shook my head. That's another thing we have in common. We can't stand our step father..

"But at least you won't get hit when she gets mad again." I gave a small smile.

"So why's she mad at me?" I asked, quickly changing the subject. Min's sullen expression turned into a smirk.

"Umma tripped over the presents your lover boy sent this morning." When I didn't respond, he continued to have that sly grin on his face. "She was pretty pissed, but had me carry them in. It's in the main room." My eyebrows scrunched together as I jolted down the stairs.

When I got to the main room, my lips parted.

Before me, stood a large vase with vibrant assorted roses and a Winnie the Pooh bear with a note attached to it. I'm not sure whether to call this creepy or romantic. I chuckled to myself as I detached the note.

Changed your mind yet? (;

-J

I bit my lip, holding back a grin as I picked up the bear, dusted it off, and went to my room. Min was at the stair case with a smirk plastered onto his face.

"Shut up." I warned before he could say something. When I got to my room, I shut the door tightly and let out a squeal. Jaehyo.... You are making this very difficult.