Chapter 25

By the way, Jaehyo doesn't know she was raped. He just knows she was beaten.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Mina..." Jaehyo muttered. "Can I come in?"

Mina isolated herself in her room since she got there. The only people she would see were Mikki and Kai, she couldn't bring herself to face anybody else. She hugged tighter onto her Winnie the Pooh bear, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't face him...

Not after what happened...

"Mina please.." His voice sounded desperate. He wanted to see her so bad, it killed him inside. Jaehyo felt horrible, something inside him said it was his fault, but he didn't want to believe it. "Please.."

After a long pause of silence, he was about to give up and try again the next day, like he's been doing for the past several days. But, when he heard the light shuffling of feet, he grew hope. The door opened slowly, revealing the red faced Mina. Her eyes looked swollen and bruises were still evident from that night. He couldn't believe this happened, his eyes grew dark, angry at the person who caused this.

Jaehyo wrapped my arms around her, as if she were something fragile. Heck, she was. She could've broken down at any moment, but he didn't care. He just wanted his girl back in his arms, and that's what he got.

He loved her.

He truly did.

She was muttering something under her breath as she hugged him back. He felt his shirt feel wet, she was crying again.

"You never came for me..." She sobbed, hugging him tighter. Jaehyo's smile slowly faded. "I-I waited... but when I needed you most, you never came..."

She looked up at him, her eyes glassy.

"Jaehyo... where were you?" Mina's fists clenched, gripping the back of his shirt. Her body was shaking, yet he didn't know what to do. "I needed you... Jae, I needed you but you weren't there."

"I- I.. I'm sorry!" He cried.

"Where were you Jaehyo? Where was my doofus in tin foil when I needed him most?!" Mina sobbed into his shirt. Jaehyo slowly let go of her and backed away until his back hit the door. She continued sobbing those words over and over reaching out for him. Her beautiful eyes now dull from the trauma were staring at him confused.

"What's wrong Jae?" He shook his head. He knew his face was white as snow. Hell, he was pratically shaking in front of her. "Jaehyo...?" Mina murmered. Her tears never stopped.

"I..I-" He didn't know what to say. He couldn't tell her he was with Hwani when she was attacked.

"Where were you Jae?" Mina asked again but with more assertion. Jaehyo looked away. He couldn't look at her. "Where were you?" demanded Mina.

He looked down. "I was with Hwani.." Jaehyo mumbled softly.

"What?" Mina asked. Jaehyo couldn't tell if she heard him or was in denial.

"I was with Hwani!" Jaehyo accidently shouted. The house went silent. It was dead quiet in Mina's room. Hurt and something else flashed across her face before it was blank.

"You were with Hwani...?" He nodded. "After you promised you weren't going to be around her again?" He nodded again but slower this time. "Get out." She deadpanned, wiping at her eyes. He looked up hurt.