Chapter 15

I love the reads and comments!  Hope you like this quick update! :)

I ran.

I ran as fast as I could, the rain pelting away at me as I tried to escape.

I couldn't be there anymore.

It hurt too much.

"Mina wait!" I hear his voice behind me, his steps getting closer and closer. I ran faster.

"Leave me alone!" I didn't know where I was going, I just wanted to get away.

I headed past town, past the park and to a place unfamiliar, but I still kept running. Suddenly, my legs gave away and I slipped, earning skid marks all over my arms and legs. I stayed still, laying in that unfamiliar place with tears streaming down my face. The rain was coming down, so I didn't bother wiping them away. I hated this.

I hated crying all the time.

I hated feeling this way.

I hated loving someone who could easily get over me.

I hated it all.

"Why..." I muttered, staring up at the pelting rain. "Why is it that easy for people to forget about me?"

"It's not." His voice sounded. He was panting hard, his hair stuck in a matted mess from the rain. He looked tired. His face had both sadness and worry.

My body froze.

"Mina would just hear me out?"

I cried harder, the rain masking it all.

"No Jaehyo... I'm done."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I sat up, trying as hard as I could to glare at the one I loved.

"We get into one fight and you're already kissing other girls?!"

"Mina it isn't like that... Just let me explain!"

"Explain what?!" I screeched in disbelief. "One fight, Jaehyo. One. Explain to me how we get into one fight and you're already with another girl. Explain to me why I've been crying every night for some guy whose already over me. How long have you been with her? How long has this been going on?" My breath hitched.

"Jaehyo I'm done..."

Jaehyo grabbed onto me, pulling me into a tight embrace. I tried pushing him away, but he didn't budge.

"Mina please..." He muttered. "Please don't give up on me... It isn't what it looks like I swear."

"She kissed me. I didn't even want to be there but I had to tell her that things between me and her were over. I dated her a long time ago and she called me during our date the other day. She's part of the reason why I was so mad. I didn't mean to hurt you.

"Then when she found out about you, she flipped, saying how she finally wanted me after all the years that I tried to date her. I refused and she started cursing at me and telling me about how fucked up my life is... and I guess I took it out on you. Mina, I'm sorry, but things between me and her are over and if you aren't still mad at me, I want you back...

Please..."

When he finally released me, I glanced up to see his dark orbs rimmed with tears. I quickly wiped them away.

"I don't know," I muttered. "I feel like I know nothing about you, yet you know everything about me. I don't want to get hurt again."

"Mina-"

"Jaehyo please," I interrupted. "Just take me home."

"I would if I knew where we are..." He said with disappointment. We both stared up at the sky, noticing how dark it got.

"Sorry," I muttered.

We ended up staying the night at a motel we found. It was okay, but I wish we had brought enough money for two beds instead of one.

"We'll stay here for tonight and in the morning I'll drop you off at home." Jaehyo said, dropping onto his side of the bed. I shivered and said okay.

"You cold?"

I nodded.

"Take off your clothes."

My eyes widened.

"Not like that. Leave your wet clothes by the door of the bathroom and go take a shower. I'll put our clothes in the dryer."

"O-Okay.."

I did as I was told and took a shower. As hot, steaming water hit my face, I started to think. Why did I say no to him? I keep hurting him...

I don't deserve him.

I sighed, shutting off the water and stepping out with a towel wrapped around me. I dried my hair as best as I could, then stepped out into the room wearing only a towel.

Jaehyo was sitting on the bed with a whole bunch of snacks. His face was flustered when he saw me.

"I bought snacks from the vending machine." He said, eyes trailing to the ground, making no eye contact with me. "Figured you might be hungry."

"T-Thank you."

I grabbed a bag of Cheetos and made my way to the bed as Jaehyo went to take his shower.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeil pulled up next to the Sweets Shop with an angry expression on his face. The guys had called him after Jaehyo ran after Mina. They called him because they knew he would be able to talk to her.

Jung Hwani.

Otherwise known as his ex-best friend.

And Jaehyo's dreaded ex.

When he entered the shop, all eyes were on him. The guys hailed him over and he sat across from Hwani, who had a very pissed off expression on her face.

"You can go," Taeil ordered, and with that, all three of the boys left. He turned to Hwani, who still looked as beautiful as he'd remembered.

"Why am I here?" She asked bitterly.

"I was just about to ask you that." Taeil said just as coldly. "Why now?"

Hwani pursed her lips into a wicked smile.

"Because I know he can't resist me." She teased. "You know just as well that that psychopath would do anything for me. Breaking up with that little whore isn't even close to the things he would do, so I thought, why not? I missed him."

"You missed him?! We both know that's a lie." Taeil hissed. "You strung him along for 5 years. What happened to your last boyfriend? The one you cheated on my best friend with?"

Hwani scoffed, looking away.

"I got bored with him." She muttered, resting her chin on her palm.

He looked at her incredulously.

"What happened to you? You used to be so sweet, nice, like seriously- what the hell-"

"I grew up." Hwani snapped.

Hwani stood up, making a leave from the booth. She turned sharply towards Taeil and winked.

"I will get Jaehyo back. You know what I can do and what I'm capable of. It won't be long now."

--------------------------------------------------------------