Chapter 7

I decided to give you guys two updates in a row, as a thank you present... And because the last chapter was kind of lame...... <3

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mina's POV-

I awoke to the feeling of pain throbbing in my cheek. I sat up and pressed the palms of my hands to my face. It hurt, but not as much as just leaving it alone. I took a deep breath and slowly retracted my hand. Wait... How did I end up on the couch?

"So you finally woke up?" I looked up to see Jaehyo carrying a tray of food. Shit, why's he here..?

"Are you hungry?"

"No." I responded quickly, but my stomach said otherwise. He smirked and sat down next to me.

"You sure?"

I pressed my lips to a thin line and nodded my head. He rolled his eyes and shifted himself to where his legs were on either side of me. I felt heat rush to my cheeks as he leaned closer to me with a bowl in his hands. He lifted the spoon to my lips and smiled.

"Okay. Your stomach has been growling for the past hour, I made you food. So I kinda want you to eat it."

My eyes trailed to the freshly made fried rice to the boy serving me. Hesitantly, I took a bite.

"This is good." I smiled as I took another bite. It was the best meal I've had in a while, but the taste brought back memories. I was feeding myself now, but as every bite I took, I kept thinking about the past. It was to where I couldn't even taste what I was eating anymore, all I felt was sorrow. My chest felt as if it were constricting and I couldn't breathe. I didn't even realize that I no longer had the bowl or the fact that tears were streaming down my face.

"Hey hey, what's the matter? Please don't cry," Jaehyo said soothingly. He brushed through my tears with his thumb, then chuckled nervously. "I know my cooking is bad, but I can always make you something else. Please don't cry."

I giggled softly, using my sleeves to wipe away my tears. "No it's not that, I love your cooking."

He smiled. "Then why are you crying?"

"It made me think about my dad." I said quietly.

"I'm sorry about your loss." He grimaced, but I shook my head.

"He's not dead," I explained. "Whenever we still lived with him, he would always cook fried rice when my mom had one of her spells. He would make it different each time so she wouldn't flip out on him," I smiled sadly. "I really miss him, but now I'm not allowed to see him."

"I don't mean to pry, but what exactly happened?" He asked. His face looked confused, in a cute way.

"What do you mean?"

He looked a bit awkward. "What happened with your parents? If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh," I took a breath and wiped my eyes again. "A long time ago, my dad had this business but it wasn't going very far, and of course, my mother saw that. He would put in most of his hours, working, but the free time he had, he'd spend it with me and Min..." I smiled slightly at the memory. "Umma didn't like it. And she blamed the failed business on us." My breath hitched a bit. Why am I telling him this?

"She would tell us every night, before we went to bed, that the reason Mommy didn't love Daddy anymore was because of us. That our father was a failure because of us. That we didn't have any money because we just had to be twins." I shook my head and scoffed. "Two kids are worse than one, as she put it."

"My dad never knew she was telling us this. My parents got divorce because my Umma couldn't stand the idea of being poor, so she married my step father, Rick." I shuttered at his name. "Soon after they divorced, however, my dad's business practically sky rocketed. My mom wanted to get back with him after hearing about how much money the company was making, but my father's smart and declined."

"And because he didn't want to remarry her, she filed a lawsuit against him being able to see us. And the only reason why she won was because she told the Judge that he was abusing us..."

I clenched my fists so tight, that my nails were digging into my skin. "There was evidence, but my father never laid a finger on us--"

"Yah! Stop you're bleeding!" Jaehyo shouted, grabbing my hands. I winced. He made me spread out my fingers as he pressed a napkin to my palms.

"I-I don't know w-why I just told you all that." I stuttered, looking towards the ground. Why am I so stupid? He probably thinks I'm insane now...

He gently kissed my hands and pulled me in for a hug. My head was on his chest and his arms were wrapped around me.

"It's better to let it out than to bottle up what you're feeling," he said, pulling me closer to him. My eyes were getting watery, I don't cry. I told myself, I don't cry. "You don't have to act so strong, it's okay a afraid."

I don't cry. I said to myself again. I wiped at my eyes frantically, I hate crying. Jaehyo tilted my head up look at him. He smiled softly. "See? Do you feel better?" He asked, brushing away the tears. I nodded slowly.

"Good." He glanced at the clock and then back at me. "I have something to show you," he smirked. He grabbed my hand and led me up the steps to the rooftop. "I went exploring earlier and found the perfect spot." He explained, flashing me a goofy grin. I giggled.

"Look!" He pointed to the moon and I was in awe. It was a full moon and it was shining at it's brightest.

"It's beautiful," I smiled, looking up at the sky.

"It's the perfect light," Jae said as he got out his IPod.

"Perfect light?"

He rubbed the nape of his neck nervously. "Yeah the perfect light. Seeing as you didn't get to go to the party, I wanted to dance with you. That is, if you want to?"

I let out a shaky breath and smiled. "Of course I'd dance with you."

He smiled back and attached the ear piece to my right ear, the other one in his left. He even had a playlist just for this moment. I was speechless.

We danced for hours until the sun came up, but it didn't even feel like five minutes. My head was against his chest and his hands were at the small of my back while the last song played.

Hot Times by SM the Ballad.

I'll never forget this moment, because for once in my life, I felt truly happy. Yes, I'm still sad, but I'm happy at the same time. Does that make sense?

When the song came to an end, Jaehyo cleared his throat.

"Mina," he said quietly. "I'll understand if you want me to stop asking you out." I froze. What?

"If you want me to stop pestering you all the time, then I'll stop. With all the stress your going through, I don't want to make it any worse, but that's because.. I really, really like you. I wouldn't give up on you so easily if it weren't for how I feel... But I like you a lot and if you give me a chance, you--"

"Jaehyo," I interrupted, staring into his dark brown eyes. "I don't want you to give up on me, because..."

I got on my tiptoes.

...

"Because I like you too." I said, pressing my lips to his.