Chapter 17

Mina and Jaehyo were laughing, having fun as they went to town. When Jaehyo reached to grab her hand, Mina ran off ahead, skipping and laughing about everything Pyo and the guys said when they returned a few hours before.

"Oppa! C'mon slowpoke!" She giggled as she skipped onto the cross walk.

Mina didn't notice the light turn red, or when the car honked it's horn until it was too late. Jaehyo watched in horror as Mina's body laid lifeless on the hard concrete floor of the crosswalk, blood pooling around her body.

Jaehyo rushed to her side, dropping to his knees as he cried out. People were crowding around to see what had happened.

"Help!" Jaehyo cried. "Someone call an ambulance!!"

The driver exited the car and soon, it was just the three of them. No one called an ambulance, and no one seemed to care as he cried and cried. The driver approached Jaehyo, but he was too sad to turn and look at the driver. All he could hear was the sound of his beating heart and the sound of her clacking heels.

The driver tapped his shoulder and when Jaehyo turned around, he saw Hwani, smiling away.

Hwani was dressed in all black. A black skirt, black button down, black heels, and a black little veil on the top of her head.

"We should have the funeral soon, shouldn't we?" She smirked, her dark, devious eyes never leaving his. Jaehyo felt an odd pain constrict in his chest, but he could not speak.

"I figured it would only be a matter of time before someone else dies on you, don't cha think?" She chuckled. "I'm so glad I left you."

"Oh, but now you have .... Mina, is it? Well, that certainly won't do. Look."

"She's dead."

Mina awoke in the middle of the night, tangled in a mess of Jaehyo and the sheets. Her head was resting in his chest when she felt him stir. Jaehyo jerked his head back and forth, as if he was struggling in his sleep.

"Don't.." He kept sputtering. "Don't. Don't. Don't!"

Mina shook him, trying to wake him up.

"Jaehyo, Jaehyo it's just a dream. Wake up,". She tried soothing, but he kept jerking. Mina shook him violently.

When Jaehyo finally opened his eyes, his eyes were glassy and his body was shaking. He shook his head, wiping away at his eyes. Mina hugged him tightly, not knowing what to do.

"Are you alright?" Mina tried searching his face for a sign that he was okay, but he just stared at her with wide eyes. "You scared me, are you okay?"

Jaehyo nodded hesitantly, hugging Mina as tight as he could.

"Ye-yeah, bad dream." He tried shrugging it off. He didn't want to tell about what had just happened. "Ju-just please don't leave me too, okay?"

Mina blinked.

"Jaehyo, I'll never leave, okay?" She caressed her cheek, kissing it softly. "Go back to bed, okay?"

He nodded, but only slight.

Mina was pressed so close against Jaehyo's chest, she could hear the faint beats of his heart. She didn't mind.

As long as Jaehyo was okay, she wouldn't mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"IS MinJae back?!?!" Pyo bombarded as the two stepped through the front door. Mina laughed, although Jaehyo looked tense, but then eased and laughed along as well.