Chapter 16

When Jaehyo got out of the shower, he noticed the spin cycle of the dryer was turned on again. The clothes were still wet.

"Great," he muttered, kicking the slow machine slightly.

He went back to the bedroom with a towel wrapped around his lower abdomen. Mina was asleep on the bed, curled up underneath the covers. Seeing her cute face made Jaehyo regret ever making her cry. He wanted to hold her, he wanted to love her.... He wanted to be loved.

But now, there's no telling how she felt about him anymore.

He took a deep breath and laid under one of the covers, being courteous of Mina sleeping under both covers. He rolled on his side after flicking off the lights and sighed.

He's so close to her, yet so far away.

"Mina..." He whispered. Mina stirred in her sleep but didn't make a sound.

"I'll tell you everything, just please..." He hesitated and bit his lip nervously. "Please just hear me out."

Mina breathed a sigh.

"Go on."

Jaehyo winced slightly but took a deep breath. This time, he was the nervous one.

"Well what do you want to know?"

Mina opened her eyes and stared at him mysteriously.

"What's her name?"

"Jung Hwani."

"How long were you with her?"

"Five years."

....

Mina's expression dropped sadly as she said, "Oh.."

"I don't like her, I swear. I-if that's what you were wondering."

Mina smiled slightly but Jaehyo didn't see.

"What happened between you two?"

Jaehyo sighed, rolling onto his back and staring up at the ceiling.

"She cheated on me. Throughout those five years, she was seeing my friend, Minho, too."

Mina stayed silent so Jaehyo just continued.

"She played me. Then broke me down, telling me stuff I already know about my family and friends hating me. But I'm used to it by now, I've been hearing the same things since I came back to this stupid town."

"I'm sure they don't hate you..." She said quietly. "I'm sorry for asking."

"Stop being sorry," He muttered. "I told you that I'd tell you everything. Don't hold back anything."

"O-okay.."

The two went back and forth asking and answering each other's questions. Finally, silence set in.

"Favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Favorite ice cream flavor?"

"Chocolate. Mina, a serious question please. You already know this stuff."

"O-okay."

Another pause.

"When we argued before... What did you mean by 'You have more people than me'?"

Jaehyo gazed at the ceiling, wishing she never asked that. But then again, he wanted her to know.

He sighed, his eyes never leaving the ceiling.

"I... I have this problem of wanting to be wanted, y'know?" Jaehyo sighed again. "I was originally put up for adoption when I was little but even then no one wanted me... So my parents had to take me back. They never wanted me, hell, they never even planned on having a child..."

"When I hit my teens, I started dating excessively, trying to fill that empty burden inside me. I tried getting friends, but only one stuck around and that was Taeil. So having people there for me never really worked out."

Mina could see Jaehyo tearing up, but she stayed still, afraid that he would break down if she tried something.

"Then Taeil introduced me to his friends and that's when I met Hwani. She changed me and for once, I felt happy. And when she said she liked me back, I was the happiest person ever... Until I found her and Minho kissing in my bedroom at my party."

"All my friends left, but like always, Taeil stayed. Even now, with Block B and everything I feel like I'm not wanted."

Mina wiped away his tears gently with the corner of her thumb.

"Jaehyo, Jaehyo look at me." She gently cupped his cheeks, caressing them softly. "You are wanted..."

She bit her lip nervously.

"I have one more question for you."

Jaehyo tried searching for a sign. He used to be able to read Mina so well, but now...

"Do you love me?"

He was taken back, but he nodded.

"More than you'd ever know...."

"Then it doesn't matter what everyone else wants....because I want you."

Mina brought her lips to his, kissing him gently, yet passionately, afraid that for once, Jaehyo would break.  Jaehyo kissed her back longingly, hoping that she'd be with him forever.

For the first time, Mina was officially Jaehyo's in every way.

She loved him,

And he loved her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The end.

Nah, just kidding. There's a lot more to come and I hope you look forward to it!

Oh and one more thing!

Do you guys think I should make a side story about Jaehyo and Hwani?

Comment what you think please? :)