Chapter 13

Mina's POV

A sense of happiness washed over me as we laid on our backs, staring up at the stars. I used to do this with Min all the time, but after everything happened, I haven't had a minute to relax and just wish away the bad.

It was comforting.

Especially with Jaehyo next to me.

"Look," he smiled. "That bunch looks like Yukwon."

I squinted my eyes, gazing up at the vast sky. "Where?"

He pulled me close to his side and pointed to a bunch of strangely aligned stars. "There, see? The pointed ears and that wide smile, it looks just like him!"

I stifled a laugh. "Jae, that looks like a cat."

"It's the same thing!"

We laughed, trying to decipher the other stars. After many cats, bunnies, and the other 6 members later, we decided to explore town a bit longer.

The street lights and the smell of the food vendors made me realize how much I've missed Korea. How long has it been since I last had a nice, traditional Korean home-cooked meal? Or the last time I've gone to a festival? Too long, way too long. I've only been back for a few months but the only times I've ever actually gone out was with Jaehyo, and occasionally Jongin, who surprisingly can't go alone to get Chinese take-out.

Being around the brightly lit shops brought a smile to my face. In fact, the whole place did at the moment. From the cheery owners, to the lovely couples and happy faces everywhere, I didn't seemed to be worried anymore. I nudged Jaehyo and smiled contently.

"Thanks for today, but next time, I get to pay for things alright?" I winked out of habit and bit my lip. He blinked, ruffling my hair as he chuckled.

"Sure, sure."

I gave him a pointed look. "Why did that sound sarcastic?"

With his hands deep in his pockets and his head tilted to the side, Jae gave a playful, crooked smile. "Gee, I don't know?"

I scowled as he teased me. "Yah! Stop it!"

"Eh, I think I'm good." He chuckled.

"Meanie."

He pinched my cheek and was about to say something until his phone buzzed. He stopped, furrowing his brows as he took a minute to glance at the screen, then glanced at me for permission. I nodded as he went to take his call. I took this chance to go check out some of the food vendors, eyeing the samples. I greeted the owner of a small stand with a smile and the bubbly elder looked ecstatic when I asked her if I could try the samples.

"Ooh, what an adorable young lady you are!" Ahjumma cooed, placing more trays out. "Eat as much as you like, but please tell me if it's tasty, arasseo?"

I nodded, taking a small sample and smiling in content as I ate. A mixture of flavors, spicy yet sweet, but yet so delicious. "I love it," I smiled as Ahjumma beamed in delight. "Could I buy a small box of these please?"

After I paid for the Spice Cakes, I bowed and said my thanks. "Most people don't really like these because of the hotness from the peppers, so these don't sell very much. Please come back soon, it's nice watching someone enjoy my cooking."

I smiled softly. "Well, I enjoyed it very much. Thank you, I'll come back, I promise." I glanced over at Jaehyo who was still on the phone, then back at Ahjumma who smiled.

"He's a nice boy, that one." She pointed to Jaehyo. "He used to come by with several others just to buy these, but the poor boy has been working all the time to even visit." She smiled, then handed me a bag. "I'm sure the other boys would enjoy this, could you bring it to them?"